Hints of Ryndam Changes

InTheWASide

Found this link on the HAL website with a quick compare chart across the fleet.

file://usflnas1/Home$/559897/Downloads/HAL_Ships_at_a_Glance_Chart.pdf

Comparing Ryndam to sisters Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam a couple things stand out:

No De Librije popup (dont in the PG 1 or 2 nights each cruise)

Instead of the Fuji Wonder Shop for photos, there is just "Photo Shop"

BLEND by Chateau Ste Michelle will not be onboard

Another thread someone was wondering if it will be a "Crow's Nest" or an "EXC" and the chart shows EXC.

So there's at least one space with something new coming and that's the space BLEND previously took up.

It will be around the corner from the Ocean Bar and Pinnacle/Sel de Mer and directly adjacent to Club Orange (and it DOES show Club Ornage will be carried forward to Ryndam)

6 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Yes, blend is gone, a good thing, I hope that Crows nest will stay. Ocean bar? I don't think the 3 big ones had one, I never saw one when I was on the Koningsdam..

K-dam's Ocean Bar is on Deck 2/Plaza deck, starboard side, in between the Shops and Blend/Club Orange, off Rudi's Sel de Mer and the Atrium

Koningsdam_Deck2.png.image.4540.896.low.png

5 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

K-dam's Ocean Bar is on Deck 2/Plaza deck, starboard side, in between the Shops and Blend/Club Orange, off Rudi's Sel de Mer and the Atrium

That's the hallway bar, no dance floor, no band...

2 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Yes, blend is gone, a good thing, I hope that Crows nest will stay. Ocean bar? I don't think the 3 big ones had one, I never saw one when I was on the Koningsdam..

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

2 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

The Ocean Bar on the Vista class ships are having their dance floors / bandstands removed as they go through drydock.  At some point this may happen to the Signature Class vessels as well.  I think the S&R class ships will retain them however.

21 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The Ocean Bar on the Vista class ships are having their dance floors / bandstands removed as they go through drydock.  At some point this may happen to the Signature Class vessels as well.  I think the S&R class ships will retain them however.

So sad..

3 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

There is no dance floor but there is definitely a piano.  There was a piano player for a few hours each night basically from approx 5 pm to 8 pm on all 3 of our Koningsdam cruises.  Played popular music and even took requests.  A very nice place for a pre-dinner cocktail.

Perhaps you should book another cruise on her to catch up on all the things you missed.  :classic_tongue:

1 hour ago, taxmantoo said:

There is no dance floor but there is definitely a piano.  There was a piano player for a few hours each night basically from approx 5 pm to 8 pm on all 3 of our Koningsdam cruises.  Played popular music and even took requests.  A very nice place for a pre-dinner cocktail.

Perhaps you should book another cruise on her to catch up on all the things you missed.  :classic_tongue:

No piano player on my 7 night New Year's cruise, he must have had the week off..

2 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Sad to hear that the Ocean Bar dance floor area are going from Vista Class ships.

Loved the Ocean Bar on the Rotterdam.   Lots of space, a bandstand with piano, drums, guitar, bass and occasionally some brass, plus a vocalist.   Nice dance floor.   I sure hope that HAL doesn't destroy that great bar when they rip out "The Mix" to install the dual pianos of Billboard Onboard during the upcoming drydock..   

39 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Any thoughts/guesses on how they might fix the lifeboat overhang issue for the Panama Canal"

Roy

I am not sure Roy, but our HD on the Prinsendam told us that the lifeboat scenario on the 2 Pinnacle Class ships was a huge error.  He said that the new ship was having the issue addressed so it should be able to go through the Panama.

• Like 1

There are a couple of scenarios related to the lifeboats - A) you widen the hull of the vessel so that lifeboats do not protrude or B) you remove the verandahs from rooms on deck 4 and make them obstructed oceanview akin to the Vista/Signature class ships so the lifeboats can be mounted higher, and further in.  One costs more to build and is a fixed cost that can be amortized across all cabin types for the lifespan of the vessel, the other potentially reduces cabin revenues which reduces potential profit on each sailing.  Sort of a pick your poison situation, and I'm sure the HAL bean counters would rather take A over B, though HAL loyalists would prefer B over A as it would restore the Promenade to it's previous glory.

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Any thoughts/guesses on how they might fix the lifeboat overhang issue for the Panama Canal"

Roy

50 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

They will line them all up behind the ship and go through the locks in one line.. and be billed for 3 ships..

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2019 at 12:27 PM, InTheWASide said:

Found this link on the HAL website with a quick compare chart across the fleet.

file://usflnas1/Home$/559897/Downloads/HAL_Ships_at_a_Glance_Chart.pdf

Comparing Ryndam to sisters Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam a couple things stand out:

No De Librije popup (dont in the PG 1 or 2 nights each cruise)

Instead of the Fuji Wonder Shop for photos, there is just "Photo Shop"

BLEND by Chateau Ste Michelle will not be onboard

Another thread someone was wondering if it will be a "Crow's Nest" or an "EXC" and the chart shows EXC.

So there's at least one space with something new coming and that's the space BLEND previously took up.

It will be around the corner from the Ocean Bar and Pinnacle/Sel de Mer and directly adjacent to Club Orange (and it DOES show Club Ornage will be carried forward to Ryndam)

Ahoy There InTheWASide - my sincerest apologies for hijacking this link and stalking you, however desperation unfortunately  has no bounds. 😮🙂 With that, do you still have your pictures available from the inaugural Koingsdam cruise?  It appears the twitter link has been broken.  Interested in the cabin photos folks write about.  Again, apologies for the intrusion and thank you in advance for any assistance. S

On 7/26/2019 at 6:32 PM, rafinmd said:

... and how that might affect the Promenade and the deck 5 VH cabins?

On 7/26/2019 at 10:06 AM, Sir PMP said:

We were on the Koningsdam for 9 days in January....I walked by it many times, never stopped in.

ocean.jpg