Bringing Water onboard Summit

artvlay

Taking a cruise out of Bayonne in a few weeks on Summit.  In the past, I would put a luggage tag on the case of water and check it with my luggage.  Now I understand they don't do this any longer,  I must carry it on. What is the current procedure? 

Edited by artvlay

12 standard-size (17 oz. /500 ml) cans, bottles or cartons of water, juice, soda  may be carried on.  Checking non-alcoholic beverages (i.e. sticking luggage tags on cases of water) will no longer be permitted. Wine & champagne are allowed in your carry-on luggage, but is limited to 2 750ml bottles per stateroom.

Thank you for this information.  Do you happen to know if the 17oz bottles of water are

per person or stateroom.  In the past I stuck a luggage tag on the water however, I have read

this is no longer permissible.

I'm wondering if this has to do with the water being in single use plastic bottles.  In the past, when I brought a case of water on board, I always put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to my stateroom. I've done this in the past on several Celebrity ships, including Summit.  With Celebrity moving away from single use plastics, and having bottled water in glass bottles and aluminum cans on board the ships, they may be trying to limit the amount of single use plastic brought on board the ships. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 12:49 AM, CruiserFromNJ said:

12 standard-size (17 oz. /500 ml) cans, bottles or cartons of water, juice, soda  may be carried on.  Checking non-alcoholic beverages (i.e. sticking luggage tags on cases of water) will no longer be permitted. Wine & champagne are allowed in your carry-on luggage, but is limited to 2 750ml bottles per stateroom.

I think this is the Royal Caribbean policy.  Have they recently changed it for Celebrity?   We've always taken a case of water with a luggage tag stuck on it, except when we have the beverage package.  🍷

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

I think this is the Royal Caribbean policy.  Have they recently changed it for Celebrity?   We've always taken a case of water with a luggage tag stuck on it, except when we have the beverage package.  🍷

Well, I can pre order 12 bottles of Evian water for our up & coming Royal cruise on Explorer of the Seas. I think they are highly over priced however.

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

Mike"

I have also brought them on Summit unless I have the beverage package.  Someone reported recently that they were denied taking water on board on the Summit, you may be onto something in that perhaps the worker got confused.

37 minutes ago, artvlay said:

So, has anyone been on Summit recently that brought water onboarding either with luggage or carrying? And if so, how much did you bring on?

If its in the luggage or carrying it yourself, that's not a problem.  Problem reported a couple of weeks ago was putting luggage tags on and leaving it at the pier with your luggage.   Many have done that for years.  

I will be cruising on the Equinox next month and I wanted to know if I could prepay and get a case of water delivered to my cabin or if I could bring a case on board.  I could not find this info on their website, so I called.  I was told the only water package you could purchase is $16 per day,  per person (she quoted me $230 for two people for a six day cruise).  I was also told I could bring a case of water onboard.  She said it could not be a brand name (she suggested I bring Walmart or Target water) and that you had to physically carry it on.  No checking it in your luggage, no wheeling it on in any luggage and no checking it with the porter with a tag on it.  She said it had to be carried on in its original sealed case.  They are literally making it impossible to bring on your own water.  They want you to purchase the beverage package or the water package.  At least when Carnival stopped you from bringing on bottled water, they now sell it for $4 for a 12 pack and deliver it to your cabin.

11 hours ago, JennyD1 said:

I will be cruising on the Equinox next month and I wanted to know if I could prepay and get a case of water delivered to my cabin or if I could bring a case on board.  I could not find this info on their website, so I called.  I was told the only water package you could purchase is $16 per day,  per person (she quoted me $230 for two people for a six day cruise).  I was also told I could bring a case of water onboard.  She said it could not be a brand name (she suggested I bring Walmart or Target water) and that you had to physically carry it on.  No checking it in your luggage, no wheeling it on in any luggage and no checking it with the porter with a tag on it.  She said it had to be carried on in its original sealed case.  They are literally making it impossible to bring on your own water.  They want you to purchase the beverage package or the water package.  At least when Carnival stopped you from bringing on bottled water, they now sell it for $4 for a 12 pack and deliver it to your cabin.

That is not only wrong but ridiculous!   You can bring any brand of water onboard the ship. 

I honestly don't know what would motivate a person to take their own bottled water aboard ship. Simply take a refillable container, such as a Contigo bottle (Costco), and refill it from the sink or at any of the beverage stations on the ship.

Why go to the time and trouble of schlepping a case of water?

If a person thinks the water aboard ship is not well treated please ask for a tour of the water treatment facility and ask them to test the water that comes from the sink in your stateroom. You may find that the shipboard water is better treated than what you get at home (at least for us in Phoenix).

Someone please explain.

Edited by K12Guy
typo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, K12Guy said:

I honestly don't know what would motivate a person to take their own bottled water aboard ship. Simply take a refillable container, such as a Contigo bottle (Costco), and refill it from the sink or at any of the beverage stations on the ship.

Why go to the time and trouble of schlepping a case of water?

If a person thinks the water aboard ship is not well treated please ask for a tour of the water treatment facility and ask them to test the water that comes from the sink in your stateroom. You may find that the shipboard water is better treated than what you get at home (at least for us in Phoenix).

Someone please explain.

We are both big water drinkers.  We keep the bottles iced up in our cooler to enjoy on deck, on our balcony and for when we do a beach day.  When we are in the buffet or dining room we do drink the ship water and it is fine.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:58 AM, Wine-O said:

I copied that right from the Celebrity frequently asked questions.