Place to iron on the edge

Tess2mommies

While I have not sailed on the Edge, I have never known any Celebrity ship to have any sort of self service laundry/ironing facility.  My DH either uses Downy wrinkle release or sends his things out to the laundry for pressing.  

• Like 1

There is no place and irons and steamers are both forbidden. Do not try to take them on, they will be taken from you and it will delay your boarding, or will delay you getting your suitcases if they are seen during the screening process.

Yes, there is a place!

You place the articles you want ironed in the provided bag, select type of service speed you desire i.e. same day, 24 or 48 hour and the items are returned ironed for you.

bon voyage

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Yes, there is a place!

You place the articles you want ironed in the provided bag, select type of service speed you desire i.e. same day, 24 or 48 hour and the items are returned ironed for you.

bon voyage

Bo- I wish I had this option at home!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TeeRick said:

Bo- I wish I had this option at home!

t - You might, yet have to decide what is the quid pro quo worth to 'politely' request such service! LOL

I get it at home, when I do it myself... LOL

bon voyage

It is a spray that helps reduce wrinkles.  You can even get it in a travel size.  You have to spray things very thoroughly and then let them dry.  Not sure I would use it on a suit or jacket, but it works fairly well on shirts.  

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

What's that? Sounds useful

I believe its a mixture of fabric softener and water if you google Downey it will tell you how to make something similar . Amazon sell it but not in travel size -I can only get that is US

I heard that using tumble drier sheets in packing helps reduce creases !!

Edited by emmas gran

Hang the things with wrinkles in the bathroom when you shower, the wrinkles should then fall out. Only one time it didn't work -  when we (me) tried it with dear MiL.🍻

There is another anti wrinkle product besides Downey Wrinkle Release, Day2 Dry Wasch Spray

https://day2.com/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We have used home made wrinkle release on cruises for years.  No need to bring a heavy bottle of it.  Just bring a fabric softener-type dryer sheet.  And an empty standard size spray bottle.  On ship add about 1/2 sheet to spray bottle and fill with tap water.  Instant wrinkle release.  If you are skeptical just try it at home!

• Like 2