Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

16 minutes ago, spooky981 said:

So much talk about Coastal Kitchen. Is it the best specialty restaurant on the ships?

Food is subjective. Everyone has an opinion. But, I really enjoyed it on Allure in Oct. The food was similar to the MDR food (IMO) only a notch better. I loved the quietness & just the vibe in general. We ate breakfast, lunch & dinner there almost every meal. We ate at Chops (was not impressed)..sent my steak back, it was still mooing! We ate at Johnny Rockets...was NOT impressed at all. 

1 hour ago, The Grumpus said:

I see Oasis is calling for stops in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, in 2022.  Anyone ever been there and is that a good stop?

That might be the Amber Cove Cruise Terminal but I thought that was a Carnival built cruise stop.

I believe it to be a new cruise pier.  In Roatan Carnival has their little compound (Mahogany Bay) then a few miles up the coast is the cruise port other ships use.  Same sort of thing.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Plans-call-for-Puerto-Plata-cruise-terminal

• Like 1

It doesn't appear to be on the website, but the deployment flyer for Symphony lists an 8N Southern Caribbean cruise on 8/21/21 that calls in Aruba and Curacao. 

With new stops in Puerto Plata and Antigua as well, that would make 4 new ports of call for Oasis Class.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

I believe it to be a new cruise pier.  In Roatan Carnival has their little compound (Mahogany Bay) then a few miles up the coast is the cruise port other ships use.  Same sort of thing.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Plans-call-for-Puerto-Plata-cruise-terminal

That sounds more realistic. I didn't think Carnival was going to start sharing their toys (terminals) with RCI.  At least not without some extensive compensation.

15 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

Liberty of the Seas is NOT going to be in Bayonne in summer 2021. What ships are left?

12 minutes ago, twangster said:

Oasis has a gap in her calendar.  May through October.  Stay tuned.

Freedom and Explorer are also unaccounted for. Indy too, but I think she'll stay in Florida. 

13 hours ago, scottbee said:

Latest chart:
image.thumb.png.024812873558e919d6d27f8e3ad81cb6.png

Matt's site says Adventure of the Seas will offer 7- to 11-night sailings including overnights in St. Petersburg, Russia from Stockholm, Sweden and will also sail to Helsinki, Finland; Tallin, Estonia and Visby, Sweden. Adventure will be open for booking the week of December 9.

Just spoke with a RCI  agent about Odyssey sailings. The winter 2021 through spring 2022 are being slowly loaded and should be available soon. Some of dates that were shared include the two months I specifically asked about;

Dec 4 - 8N S Caribbean

Dec 12 - 6N W Caribbean

Dec 18 - 8N S. Caribbean

Dec 26 - 8N E. Caribbean

March 6 - 6N

March 12 - 8N S. Caribbean

March 20 - 6N W. Caribbean 

March 26 - 8N S. Caribbean 

5 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Just spoke with a RCI  agent about Odyssey sailings. The winter 2021 through spring 2022 are being slowly loaded and should be available soon. Some of dates that were shared include the two months I specifically asked about;

Dec 4 - 8N S Caribbean

Dec 12 - 6N W Caribbean

Dec 18 - 8N S. Caribbean

Dec 26 - 8N E. Caribbean

March 6 - 6N

March 12 - 8N S. Caribbean

March 20 - 6N W. Caribbean 

March 26 - 8N S. Caribbean 

Thanks.  I was hoping it was the same 6/8 night pattern as they had this year.  The 8 night lines up nicely with March break for us.  First year without kids so it’s just DW (teacher) and I.  This will probably cost the same as what we paid for 2 cabins on Symphony last year.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thanks.  I was hoping it was the same 6/8 night pattern as they had this year.  The 8 night lines up nicely with March break for us.  First year without kids so it’s just DW (teacher) and I.  This will probably cost the same as what we paid for 2 cabins on Symphony last year.

You are welcome. Let’s hope the cost is reasonable 😀.

I was also hoping for one of the 8N sailings to the Caribbean in one of those months. We were waiting on the Odyssey sailings for Europe but I think it’s going to be expensive as others here have suggested. So we may end up doing the Caribbean.

By the way, the 6N W Caribbean includes Cococay, Falmouth and Grand Cayman.

10 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

You are welcome. Let’s hope the cost is reasonable 😀.

I was also hoping for one of the 8N sailings to the Caribbean in one of those months. We were waiting on the Odyssey sailings for Europe but I think it’s going to be expensive as others here have suggested. So we may end up doing the Caribbean.

By the way, the 6N W Caribbean includes Cococay, Falmouth and Grand Cayman.

I’m hoping for the Aruba, Curaco and Grand Cayman itinerary.   Same week this year had Aruba, Curaco and Labadee.  

The 6 night would have been better schedule wise but we’ve never been to Aruba or Curaco so really wanted to try to fit that in. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m hoping for the Aruba, Curaco and Grand Cayman itinerary.   Same week this year had Aruba, Curaco and Labadee.  

The 6 night would have been better schedule wise but we’ve never been to Aruba or Curaco so really wanted to try to fit that in. 

According to the info I got, that would be on March 12 and March 26 2022 to GC, A and C.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

It doesn't appear to be on the website, but the deployment flyer for Symphony lists an 8N Southern Caribbean cruise on 8/21/21 that calls in Aruba and Curacao. 

With new stops in Puerto Plata and Antigua as well, that would make 4 new ports of call for Oasis Class.

Which flyer? Link?