Apex is early... new 4n taster cruise added

little britain

Yay! Happy she is on track to be for the Inaugural. Sounds like what happened with the Edge with the preview cruises (of which two were later cancelled). They have also discussed having more travel agents onboard pre-Inaugural, so likely will have some on the 4/1 cruise and may also have some Press and Trade cruises prior to that (The Edge had 3). I think the Naming Ceremony is on 4/1, unless they have changed it.

The prices for the 4 night Preview cruise: $10, 500 for the Iconic, $2500 for a Sky Suite, $789 for SVs -  most are still available, $589 inside. It sails to Bruges and Amsterdam. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

15 minutes ago, little britain said:

$589 is much cheaper than £799....!!!

$589 works out at £486.... does the USprice include the drinks/tips/OBC??

Okay, so I went back and did a dummy booking on X website. The insides are all guarantees (assigned by X). The basic price with non-refundable deposit and no perks was $589 and with refundable deposit, $300 OBC and Beverage package was $769.

Some things are "sold out", such as Panoramic Ocean Views. Maybe being kept open for Press and TAs?

Edited by vtcruising

Had a look, but I think it is a bit risky to book this far in advance. 

However, whilst looking I was shocked at the prices of the first few cruises on The Apex.  A one week Norwegian Fjords early May is £14,498 for a Celebrity Suite.  We are doing a one week Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Silhouette on 1st Sept in a Celebrity Suite for £5900.  I can't believe that many UK cruisers would pay that much to sail on the Apex, even if she is a brand new ship.  Can't compare the other cabin categories.  Hopefully there will be a few last minute bargains next year!

22 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

However, whilst looking I was shocked at the prices of the first few cruises on The Apex.  A one week Norwegian Fjords early May is £14,498 for a Celebrity Suite.  We are doing a one week Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Silhouette on 1st Sept in a Celebrity Suite for £5900.  I can't believe that many UK cruisers would pay that much to sail on the Apex, even if she is a brand new ship.  Can't compare the other cabin categories.  Hopefully there will be a few last minute bargains next year!

Yes, the suite prices are outrageous right now on the Edge Class and the X revolutionized ships. We're booked in a Sunset Veranda for the Apex Inaugural and am watching sky suite prices (lowest sky suite is $4649 for an 8 night cruise).  We are paying about $2500 less including all 4 perks and airfare for our SV.  We will be happy with our large aft balcony and enjoy the non-suite life on a brand new ship, but with all the suite availability, maybe there will be a Move Up offer that we can't refuse. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

1 minute ago, little britain said:

When I spoke with X UK they said it was the only thing they were booking all morning .... she told me only 2x OV left.... Just checked the UK site and they now only have Panoramic OVs at £999pp so I guess she wasn't fibbing!

I booked two Edge Preview cruises the day they were announced and it was very exciting. I will be onboard on 4/5, but we have another cruise in the US booked just prior to that one and will be flying in on 4/5, so can't make it. I will just have to wait. I do have to say that the Edge Preview cruise we did was exciting, but many things were not in place yet and the staff not versed on everything - understandable, but we had paid a lot for a suite. Things will hopefully be a little more settled on the Inaugural. 🙂

This was perfect for us trying to spread our annual leave across multiple cruises next year! Booked an SV after not liking the infinite on the Edge inaugural sailing we did in December. We are 2.5 hours drive from Southampton so nice to be so close this time!

Sandra

2 minutes ago, dides said:

This was perfect for us trying to spread our annual leave across multiple cruises next year! Booked an SV after not liking the infinite on the Edge inaugural sailing we did in December. We are 2.5 hours drive from Southampton so nice to be so close this time!

Sandra

That's great! The SV's are awesome.  🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dides said:

Sandra

We’ve booked three SVs on the May 10 Apex sailing for our annual family vacation, didn’t like the look of the IVs 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

Hmmmm, I've just looked on our TA's website and they are quoting £6,899 for a CS for an 7 night Norwegian Fjords cruise on 4th May next year...…£13,673 for an Edge Villa. Might you have been looking at the wrong category?

Edited by Ehg
I'm a dumbo!

5 hours ago, little britain said:

April 1st 4n from Southampton 

free drinks, free tips, free car parking 

prices start £799pp

Whoopee! I'd better look out my "formal" clowns outfit for that one! 🙄

• Haha 2

Woo! Booked on this- the Single balcony was the cheapest I could find. The insides on Celeb's site and everywhere else were disappeared? Do people think the prices will go down nearer the time or just get higher as it's likely to be v popular.

Anyone any idea why they doing this?

I was originally booked on the 7 night Med cruise- but they got cancelled and replaced with 10 night ones! Wonder why that did that too??? Anyone any idea.

This taster cruise is perfect in terms of duration!

Can't wait! x

1 hour ago, Ehg said:

Hmmmm, I've just looked on our TA's website and they are quoting £6,899 for a CS for an 7 night Norwegian Fjords cruise on 4th May next year...…£13,673 for an Edge Villa. Might you have been looking at the wrong category?

Just double checked on the Celebrity site and unfortunately I am not wrong!!  This is of course for 2 people, but so was our fare on the Silhouette. 

image.png.6028113c79393e99c0c42b34c566a576.png

22 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

Just double checked on the Celebrity site and unfortunately I am not wrong!!  This is of course for 2 people, but so was our fare on the Silhouette. 

image.png.6028113c79393e99c0c42b34c566a576.png

Wowzers!! I suppose they are banking on it being popular with it being it's maiden season. I really want to sail on Edge or Apex so I'm sure thousands of others do too.....trying to persuade my husband to book one of those first cruises....😀

1 hour ago, johnnylikely said:

Well, I did read that sales are not going well in the Med on Edge.

One TA site that I saw this morning were also adding $200 OBC.

I was later sent an e mail from Princess, they are also doing a 4 night, 2 port cruise from Southampton on Crown. The price is half that of Apex, but no perks, so you are paying for the included perks on Apex. I was comparing balcony catageory.

April 1st 4n from Southampton 

free drinks, free tips, free car parking 

prices start £799pp

Edited by upwarduk

4 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I was later sent an e mail from Princess, they are also doing a 4 night, 2 port cruise from Southampton on Crown. The price is half that of Apex, but no perks, so you are paying for the included perks on Apex. I was comparing balcony catageory.

Ahhh, I thought as much! Eek, shame that! Methinks Celeb won't be launching a new Edge class ship in our neck of the woods anytime soon lol

11 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Ooooh, what date is the Princess cruise - we are looking for a short one to do with friends but the X one is rather expensive - I know it's got the perks but still.....

3 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

Woo! Booked on this- the Single balcony was the cheapest I could find. The insides on Celeb's site and everywhere else were disappeared? Do people think the prices will go down nearer the time or just get higher as it's likely to be v popular.

I was originally booked on the 7 night Med cruise- but they got cancelled and replaced with 10 night ones! Wonder why that did that too??? Anyone any idea.

This taster cruise is perfect in terms of duration!

Can't wait! x

The prices will be probably at least stay the same unfortunately. For the Edge, I was told they didn't fill the preview cruises because they were shakedown cruises for the crew to get used to the ship (of course, some of the experienced Edge people will be moving over to the Apex). They also had some press and trade people onboard for the preview cruises, so can fill some cabins with them (complimentary for them). Not sure if it will be the same on the Apex, but that would be my guess.

As far as why they are doing the Preview cruise, it is common to add them on once the completion date seems firm. There were 4 originally for the Edge, cut back to 2 eventually. They can make some money and have the crew get used to the ship on a shorter cruise with likely fewer paying guests.

When we did the Preview cruise, we had to be very flexible and understanding and lower our expectations a bit. Though very exciting to be on a new ship, they won't be offering everything most likely and the crew will be a bit clueless about some things. Ours wasn't perfect, but we loved it!!  Enjoy!! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising