4 Night Apex Taster Southampton

philsuarez

Is it just me or is nearly £900 pp for an inside cabin for four nights really expensive. I was thinking £400-500 would be reasonable. I can have a week away for that else where on the Celeb site. Appreciate it’s first cruise for Apex but generally that means things won’t run smoothly either!

• Like 1

We thought the same, would have thought the price would have been more reasonable.  Different if all included like Saga are offering on their new ships. Cost £1,632 total for both of us on a 4 night Saga cruise which includes balcony, gratuities, wifi, drinks, travel insurance and car to Dover.  We did get a small reduction for early booking.

When you consider a P&O cruise for 4 nights out of Southampton in a balcony (on an older ship) is about £630 pp, and the promo is worth about £350pp, we didn't think it was that bad.

I agree it is pricey, but I see this as a one off.  We are paying £742 per person.  That's for an inside, no frills.  Added to this, I am taking my son with me (unless I can change him for another adult)!! So at least it will be £742 per adult!!

I really want to do this class of ship and will just adjust my future cruises accordingly.  So will have to cancel/rebook some of the other cruises I have planned.  (I must add the price seems ok when you take into account they want £1300, per person, for the 8 night inaugural)!

For comparison, I looked at Cunard.  They are offering the Cunard Fare on QM2 and that is coming it £1200 for 2 people, basic inside; also for four nights but during the summer holidays.

We did an Edge 3 night Preview cruise and paid the long price. It was worth it for me because I wanted to be on the ship early on. As @panamapd discussed, we adjusted other cruises. They did not fill the ship on our Preview cruise, likely because they wanted to have the staff and crew learn about the ship with smaller numbers. They did have some press, travel agents and VIPs onboard as well.

I have to say that it wasn't the typical relaxing cruise that we usually crave, but we booked this one for the excitement of the new ship, not to relax. There were some glitches and everything wasn't up and running yet, but it was a lot of fun and worth it for me! This one looks like a better deal, with 2 great ports and 4 nights to get to explore the ship. I would be there because we will be onboard on 4/5 and it would have made the overseas flight costs more worthwhile, but we have another cruise until 4/4 that we can't miss.  

Edited by vtcruising

There is already a post about the Apex 4n cruise

Given that you get £70 of free car park, £44 of free tips and £458 of free drinks package, and $200 OBC,  I think it is a reasonable price.

Edited by little britain

3 hours ago, little britain said:

There is already a post about the Apex 4n cruise

Given that you get £70 of free car park, £44 of free tips and £458 of free drinks package, and $200 OBC,  I think it is a reasonable price.

23 hours ago, Taitaimary said:

When it says free drinks, does that mean a drinks package? If so why not say that????

It is the current promotion of classic drinks package, grats and $200 OBC. We have just booked whilst on board the Constellation as I am keen to see the ship, and got an additional $100 OBC. We are planning on staying on the ship mainly.

Hello

love the Constellation, we have had a couple of cruises on her, same cabin both times. 

We are actually booked on the Apex for the Inaugural Cruise and did wonder about doing the Tester Cruise as well but we have all decided that as we will be cruising (Spain/Portugal) then we will leave the additional days and use our money towards a river cruise to the Black Sea. Enjoy your trip

18 minutes ago, downsmead said:

It is the current promotion of classic drinks package, grats and $200 OBC. We have just booked whilst on board the Constellation as I am keen to see the ship, and got an additional $100 OBC. We are planning on staying on the ship mainly.

31 minutes ago, philsuarez said:

£2100 for four nights means I'm out!

We are actually booked on the Apex for the Inaugural Cruise and did wonder about doing the Tester Cruise as well but we have all decided that as we will be cruising (Spain/Portugal) then we will leave the additional days and use our money towards a river cruise to the Black Sea.