Majesty "pro tips"

On 8/3/2019 at 7:43 PM, Merion_Mom said:

I can’t think of a cabin location that would subject you to loud parties, unless you are unfortunate in your neighbors. 😳

Thanks, it sounds like I will be ok then. (I think I tried to post this reply a few days ago and my internet was acting up).

Thanks again for the reply.

Via the app, I've been able to look at some info for my sailing. It's a 5 night sailing and it appears there will not be lobster. I'm just posting that as information.

I'm a big fan of lobster but I had a lot of it in my land travel to Maine last summer. In this case, I'll be looking forward to the steaks and maybe I'll try some new things. The MDR menu for my sailing has been posted. There is only one night that I am iffy about due to an allergy of mine when they are serving several dishes with it but I already noted it in my reservation and will remind the MDR when I board. I'm sure I'll be fine, I'll just have less choice that night. 

23 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Two five night cruises.  Ten nights.  No lobster.

I take it you mean no complementary lobster.  I am pretty sure that every Royal Caribbean ship has a whole Maine lobster available for dinner in the MDR for an up-charge.  Last time I checked, I think it was $29.99.

1 minute ago, actuarian said:

I take it you mean no complimentary lobster.  I am pretty sure that every Royal Caribbean ship has a whole Maine lobster available for dinner in the MDR for an up-charge.  Last time I checked, I think it was $29.99.

Of course that's what I meant.  🙂 

4 hours ago, extiger said:

Is the Concierge Lounge on 14 behind the Viking Crown Lodge?  Doesn't show on deck plan.

The front portion of the VCL is used for the nightly "Diamond" Happy Hours.  They do an EXCELLENT job.  Better than many designated lounges on other ships.

• Like 3

Carol,  thanks for sharing so much of what you experienced on the MJ.    We board Wednesday for two weeks, and it's just a kick back after selling one of Bobbie's moms homes.   I'm sure you remember her mom and dad from the "Around the Horn" cruise.  They are both gone,  and we have one home to go, but are taking off a month for cruising...........just to get away.

Rick

3 hours ago, rubrrick said:

Carol,  thanks for sharing so much of what you experienced on the MJ.    We board Wednesday for two weeks, and it's just a kick back after selling one of Bobbie's moms homes.   I'm sure you remember her mom and dad from the "Around the Horn" cruise.  They are both gone,  and we have one home to go, but are taking off a month for cruising...........just to get away.

Rick

Bon Voyage!

Hi,

Thanks for all the great info.  Hadn't really looked at Majesty before but definitely think she might be worth a try.  Enjoy the smaller ships.  Glad that there is still the Happy Hour even tho no lounges.  Like the sociability (& drinkies of course).  

Is there a Solarium on the ship?

Curious though, with the four & five nite cruises - always heard these are "party" type cruises.  Do find that's the case?  Or are they similar crowd to what we'd find on other cruises?

Thanks so much!

NJ 

1 hour ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi,

Thanks for all the great info.  Hadn't really looked at Majesty before but definitely think she might be worth a try.  Enjoy the smaller ships.  Glad that there is still the Happy Hour even tho no lounges.  Like the sociability (& drinkies of course).  

Is there a Solarium on the ship?

Curious though, with the four & five nite cruises - always heard these are "party" type cruises.  Do find that's the case?  Or are they similar crowd to what we'd find on other cruises?

Thanks so much!

NJ 

There are always partiers.  On neither of these 5 nighters was it dominant or overwhelming.  And I have seen as much on the standard 7 night cruises on other ships, particularly the Oasis class.  🙂 

What I experienced was a lot of happy people who were just glad to be on a nice getaway cruise.  🙂  

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I need some expert tech help. 

@Host Clarea   @twangster

Which is the most end user friendly way to post the Cruise Compasses?

Pics from my iPhone or scans from my printer/scanner?

I would find PDF files most convenient for me..  They could be easily downloaded and printed..

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I would find PDF files most convenient for me..  They could be easily downloaded and printed..

Thanks, that's what I was afraid.  Much more work for me.  But I'll take one for the team.  😉 

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Thanks, that's what I was afraid.  Much more work for me.  But I'll take one for the team.  😉 

Carol, I use a laptop, so I'm biased.   People who use phones might prefer a different format.