Uniworld 2021 Itineraries?

Roz

Have a great trip:classic_biggrin: I am sailing a week from Thursday....Jan 16th to the Caribbean. It will be a BIG R&R cruise for me.

I just retired on 12/31 and not sure if you knew but I had surgery the day before Thanksgiving---still healing. So I am really looking forward to a week of pampering.

When I get back I have to start 4 weeks of radiation treatments...…….

6 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Have a great trip:classic_biggrin: I am sailing a week from Thursday....Jan 16th to the Caribbean. It will be a BIG R&R cruise for me.

I just retired on 12/31 and not sure if you knew but I had surgery the day before Thanksgiving---still healing. So I am really looking forward to a week of pampering.

When I get back I have to start 4 weeks of radiation treatments...…….

Wishing you a relaxing trip and all of the best for when you return. My DH had (very unexpected) surgery and other medical treatment at the end of last year so we've had to postpone several trips. We're looking at getting back into the swing of things in a big way this year and onward! Life is too short. ❤️

9 hours ago, Roz said:

Checked again this morning, and it looks like the 100th anniversary sale has been extended thru Feb. 29, 2020.  Looks like Uniworld isn't going to release the 2020 itineraries until the 2020 inventory is sold. 😩

On another subject, I wonder what, if anything, they're going to do with U  River Cruises?  I have no idea how they're doing financially.  Their cruises and onboard experience rather intrigue me. 

That U by Uniworld is baffling.  They gave free cruises to a lot of influencers.  You can find all kind of review on youtube.  It is strange to see so many people on instagram all at once.  

Anyway, when do you get to select excursions on Uniworld?  I cannot find this information anywhere.  I don't know what the schedule is like.  

On Crystal, you can do it online as soon as you made the final payment.

1 hour ago, bubbulz said:

Wishing you a relaxing trip and all of the best for when you return. My DH had (very unexpected) surgery and other medical treatment at the end of last year so we've had to postpone several trips. We're looking at getting back into the swing of things in a big way this year and onward! Life is too short. ❤️

Thank you so much and my best wishes to your husband as well.:classic_smile:  The Dr said this cruise would be AOK! 

I had a shock with my last mammogram---had to go back twice and then a biopsy...well, it came back positive:classic_sad:

BUT THANKFULLY it was VERY, VERY, VERY small....the surgery was a success and I was told the radiation

can reduce the chance of a recurrence by 50% so really need to do it.

37 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thank you so much and my best wishes to your husband as well.:classic_smile:  The Dr said this cruise would be AOK! 

I had a shock with my last mammogram---had to go back twice and then a biopsy...well, it came back positive:classic_sad:

BUT THANKFULLY it was VERY, VERY, VERY small....the surgery was a success and I was told the radiation

I know what you mean about shock. My DH was quite accidentally diagnosed with lung cancer (never smoked, no symptoms, tumor found on an unrelated scan). Just goes to show that the time for us to live is now. So glad to hear that all is going well for you so far - and yes, very often the follow up treatment is well worth it. May we all remain healthy enough for many more years of wonderful travel experiences!

They just posted this on FB:

In honor of our family of brands turning 100 this year, we're extending the 100th Anniversary Celebration Event for a limited time – and adding dozens of new departures to choose from!

With itineraries starting from $2,099 USD, don't miss your opportunity to save up to 30% on The World's Best and Most Awarded Luxury River Cruise Line. #ExploreUniworld

View Offer: https://www.uniworld.com/current-offers/100/

45 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Lois,  I knew you were retiring but I didn't know about your cancer diagnosis and surgery.  Yikes!  You definitely need a cruise.  Glad it was caught early.  Everything you've said sounds promising.  I hope the radiation treatments go well. 

3 minutes ago, bubbulz said:

In honor of our family of brands turning 100 this year, we're extending the 100th Anniversary Celebration Event for a limited time – and adding dozens of new departures to choose from!

With itineraries starting from $2,099 USD, don't miss your opportunity to save up to 30% on The World's Best and Most Awarded Luxury River Cruise Line. #ExploreUniworld

I got that same message in an email this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, kent9xxx1 said:

That U by Uniworld is baffling.  They gave free cruises to a lot of influencers.  You can find all kind of review on youtube.  It is strange to see so many people on instagram all at once.  

Anyway, when do you get to select excursions on Uniworld?  I cannot find this information anywhere.  I don't know what the schedule is like.  

On Crystal, you can do it online as soon as you made the final payment.

Kent, you won't have a detailed schedule until you board.  On the Uniworld website you can see the day to day details of the itinerary which should give you a fair idea of what to expect.  The only excursions you can sign up for in advance are the Jewish Heritage tours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roz said:

Lois,  I knew you were retiring but I didn't know about your cancer diagnosis and surgery.  Yikes!  You definitely need a cruise.  Glad it was caught early.  Everything you've said sounds promising.  I hope the radiation treatments go well. 

Thanks Roz, appreciate the kind words:classic_smile:....yes, I have been told things look good and so will try to stay positive.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, bubbulz said:

Thank you for posting this. Just called my agent and Uniworld is going to adjust my fare for my upcoming cruise next Sept. This just saved me a lot of money. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dolllover said:

Thank you for posting this. Just called my agent and Uniworld is going to adjust my fare for my upcoming cruise next Sept. This just saved me a lot of money. 

Wonderful! Glad to hear this!!

On 1/6/2020 at 1:04 PM, wsconn1 said:

Yes; interesting.  I emailed them last night and got this reply: 

The 2021 season actually has been priced and scheduled, we just haven’t updated the website yet. That should be done by the end of this month, but in the meantime you can call us at 1-800-733-7820 and we’ll be happy to go over options with you.

I wonder how many bookings they will lose because of the lag time on this.   We were actually looking at doing Egypt with them this year - and the price (initially) was quite good... but they kept delaying the release of their extensions, which means we couldn't book our air without confirming what extensions would be available.  Extensions finally came out (contingent on number of bookings....) - but by then the price jumped significantly.  We ended up booking with another company that could confirm prices before we booked.

Fran

Edited by franski

On 1/7/2020 at 4:25 PM, dolllover said:

I just went back and looked and they reduced the week after our Douro cruise by A LOT! Unfortunately for us, not the week we're on the boat.