Uniworld 2021 Itineraries?

Roz

When will Uniworld release their 2021 itineraries?  I see Viking has theirs out (as witnessed by the number of brochures in my recycling bin 🤨).

Roz

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this up since I didn't get any responses back in August.  I'm only seeing cruises on Crystal and Viking.  When will AMA, Uniworld, Avalon, etc. release their 2021 itineraries?

Roz

5 hours ago, Roz said:

I'm bumping this up since I didn't get any responses back in August.  I'm only seeing cruises on Crystal and Viking.  When will AMA, Uniworld, Avalon, etc. release their 2021 itineraries?

Roz

You *might* start seeing something in late October, but often not until early in the New Year (ie: Feb/March etc) if memory serves.

Fran

A few years ago river cruises were selling out quickly.  That would lead the cruise lines to post new schedules early.  Now they don't sell out, so the lines want to hold off to entice people to book the existing offerings.  [Just my theory.]

14 minutes ago, Ritabob said:

Roz,

Let us know as soon as you see something. I think in past years we got our brochure in the mail around February. 

RB

Will do.  I'm considering a variety of vacation options in 2020 and 2021, including land tours.  Besides Uniworld, I'm looking at AMA, Avalon, and Croisi.  Uniworld's fares have gotten very expensive, especially since I sail solo and discounts on the single supplement aren't what they used to be.

I have a full transit Panama Canal cruise booked for Feb. 1, 2020, but that's it.

Roz

I had the same question about Uniworld's 2021 offerings. I'm surprised they're not opening them up at this point since I'm seeing so much of 2020 booked up - at least on the Douro itineraries I was interested in. 

I'm also finding that river cruises in general seem to have gotten very pricey. I was shopping around a bit this time despite our repeated cruises with Uniworld but wasn't finding anything that made the switch an attractive enough option overall.

1 hour ago, bubbulz said:

I had the same question about Uniworld's 2021 offerings. I'm surprised they're not opening them up at this point since I'm seeing so much of 2020 booked up - at least on the Douro itineraries I was interested in. 

I'm also finding that river cruises in general seem to have gotten very pricey. I was shopping around a bit this time despite our repeated cruises with Uniworld but wasn't finding anything that made the switch an attractive enough option overall.

Bub, thank you for confirming what I've been finding - overall fares have gone up.  I'm somewhat surprised by this, given the number of new ships that have come into service the last couple of years, along with the bad publicity European river cruising got last year with the drought.  You're correct, a lot of 2020 sailings are already booked.  

Roz

All those cancellations and compensations last year put a big dent in the river cruise lines’ bottom lines. The higher prices we’re seeing now are either to make up for that or to build a cushion against the next bout of bad weather. 

• 5 weeks later...

Roz here....still waiting on Uniworld. 😎

I keep getting emails from them letting me know they're extending their 2020 early booking offer.  Pretty soon it's not going to be early anymore. 😉  Maybe they're having trouble getting bookings at the increased fares they're showing for 2020.  It looks like Viking and Crystal are still the only ones with early 2021 itineraries out.  

• 2 months later...

Roz, thanks for starting this topic.  Many of us keep checking our inboxes, mailboxes, and the Uniworld website to no avail.  Have been wondering whether I should just book a Viking trip to ensure I don't miss out!  

Uh, Uniworld, where are you?

• Like 1

More and more river cruises have published their 2021 itineraries, and Uniworld is still lagging behind.  If you read the thread I started the other day, they've released some of them to TAs, but they aren't showing on the Uniworld website.  And it's not a complete year's worth of voyages.

I'm bored so thought I'd check Uniworld's website again.  Nada.  AMA seems to have their full complement of 2021 itineraries available.  Wonder what the holdup is with Uniworld?  

13 minutes ago, Roz said:

I'm bored so thought I'd check Uniworld's website again.  Nada.  AMA seems to have their full complement of 2021 itineraries available.  Wonder what the holdup is with Uniworld?  

Yesterday they removed the sale for 2020.  Today, they put it back in.  

I think there is a price ceiling they crossed a while back and having trouble filling their ship now.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Roz said:

Too funny ... I was just doing the same thing. 😂 I noticed that they do have 2021 itineraries for India, China and Egypt but it looks like that's it. Hopefully more coming soon ...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kent9xxx1 said:

Yesterday they removed the sale for 2020.  Today, they put it back in.  

I think there is a price ceiling they crossed a while back and having trouble filling their ship now.  

I agree with you, Kent.  I was perfectly happy with Uniworld, but their high prices compared to similar lines sent me looking elsewhere.  I'm still looking and waiting to book anything for 2020 or 2021.

Checked again this morning, and it looks like the 100th anniversary sale has been extended thru Feb. 29, 2020.  Looks like Uniworld isn't going to release the 2020 itineraries until the 2020 inventory is sold. 😩

On another subject, I wonder what, if anything, they're going to do with U  River Cruises?  I have no idea how they're doing financially.  Their cruises and onboard experience rather intrigue me. 

Interesting since many of the lower level cabins are sold out on the itineraries I've been watching, and often the discounts don't apply to suites.

ETA: I just called and was told they've actually released everything for 2021; it is just not up on their website quite yet. I was told they'd be happy to price something for me and that most itineraries were the same as for 2020. I told the rep I was just interested in browsing at this point.

Edited by bubbulz
  • Like 1

Yes; interesting.  I emailed them last night and got this reply: 

The 2021 season actually has been priced and scheduled, we just haven’t updated the website yet. That should be done by the end of this month, but in the meantime you can call us at 1-800-733-7820 and we’ll be happy to go over options with you.

Also, they confirmed the River Queen will be a new Super Ship, the SS Queen, for 2021.

Wsconn, that's an interesting response.  I'm like Bubbulz, I like to browse and comparison shop on my own before I call my TA to get actual prices and book something.  

I leave for a Panama Canal cruise at the end of this month, so hopefully by the time I get back mid-February the 2021 itineraries will be posted.  

14 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Roz, who are sailing for the Panama Canal?

I'm on the Carnival Miracle.  They have to move the ship from the West Coast to the East Coast for a dry dock, so it's not one of their usual itineraries.