Missed off Free at sea !

debgreg

Hi,

I booked a package through a TA , flights , hotel and 3 cabins, free at sea included. When

one of the party tried to book a dining option we noticed she was being charged and when we emailed they said that cabin didn’t have free at sea.

It was all done at the same time, paid the same price on the same booking with sequential booking numbers. I’ve emailed the TA & NCL as I’m not sure whose mistake it was, has anyone ever had this happen before as she is starting to panic ?

Thanks

Just now, shof515 said:

it might be because they made dinning reservations and the computer systems thinks they are all out of meals so it is showing the original pricing when you do not have dinning reservations

Just now, shof515 said:

Nope , they have emailed me back saying two cabins have it and the third doesn’t. I then emailed back saying they were all booked together at the same price so they should all have it, but I waited weeks for the last reply about why it was showing a charge and I couldn’t get through on the phone.

I’m hoping the TA will be able to sort it ?

I was wondering if this had ever happened before? 

4 minutes ago, debgreg said:

The TA can fix it, they will have to contact NCL.

Most likely it is a glitch in the system where the dinning package gratuity was not assigned to the right person correctly causing the other person to not have the package. sometime similar to this happen to me about 2 years ago.

14 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Three cabins, all the same, two have it the other doesn’t , she asked what we wanted , we chose DP & dining all on one booking 

What does your booking confirmation say about the promos you each chose?   (My current bookings are directly with NCL, but at the bottom of my confirmations there's a list of the promos we have. )   What promo does NCL contend your friends have in lieu of the dining package?   You should also be able to call NCL and have them said you what's called an "Amenity Invoice," which lists all of your promos, OBC, etc.

What is your TA's position on this?  It's up to the TA to get this worked out, and I'd be all over them to get it fixed.  That's part of their job when they or the cruise line screws up.

Good luck, and let us know what happens. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Turtles06 said:

What does your booking confirmation say about the promos you each chose?   (My current bookings are directly with NCL, but at the bottom of my confirmations there's a list of the promos we have. )   What promo does NCL contend your friends have in lieu of the dining package?   You should also be able to call NCL and have them said you what's called an "Amenity Invoice," which lists all of your promos, OBC, etc.

What is your TA's position on this?  It's up to the TA to get this worked out, and I'd be all over them to get it fixed.  That's part of their job when they or the cruise line screws up.

Good luck, and let us know what happens. 

Thanks I only realised today when they responded to my email asking why the Cirque dining was full price on the last cabin. They said that cabin doesn't have free at sea, but the first two do 🧐

I tried to call but the TA is closed until tomorrow, I’ve emailed them but I will also call tomorrow. They booked it so either she missed it off the last cabin, which I presume they will have to rectify or NCL haven’t added it on 🙈

2 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Thanks I only realised today when they responded to my email asking why the Cirque dining was full price on the last cabin. They said that cabin doesn't have free at sea, but the first two do 🧐

Who is "they?"  NCL or your TA?   Do you not have any written confirmation of your bookings?

NCL replied after I asked why room three was being charged. The information sent by the TA doesn’t mention Free at Sea on any of the cabins but when I logged into the app, mine is in the summary,  as is my friends in cabin two, but not for cabin 3 ?

My agency booking has a line by line breakdown of charges showing beverage and dining service charges, so that's one clue, and then a summary at the bottom showing all the benefits included in the booking.  You should get no less from your agency, and it should be broken down cabin by cabin, showing the total amount for each cabin.  If you can see the charges are the same for each cabin and they are all the same category and all assigned cabin numbers, then you have a good case for a screw up that should be corrected.  If you have nothing but an invoice with a total $ for three cabins, then your agent probably screwed up the booking and did not select free at sea.  Your cost per cabin would be different if you could see that.  If it was your agent the screwed it up, good luck. They may lose money on your booking if they set it right. With 3 cabins total maybe they will break even.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I've spoken to the TA this morning and she said she cant understand how its not been added as she can see we selected the DP & Dining. 

She said she was going to speak with her manager to see if it could be rectified at their end if not she would call NCL to sort it.

It is a large company not a small TA so hopefully if they have messed up they will have to take the hit.

I'll keep you posted.

• Like 3

On 8/4/2019 at 4:04 PM, PelicanBill said:

My agency booking has a line by line breakdown of charges showing beverage and dining service charges, so that's one clue, and then a summary at the bottom showing all the benefits included in the booking.  You should get no less from your agency, and it should be broken down cabin by cabin, showing the total amount for each cabin.  If you can see the charges are the same for each cabin and they are all the same category and all assigned cabin numbers, then you have a good case for a screw up that should be corrected.  If you have nothing but an invoice with a total $ for three cabins, then your agent probably screwed up the booking and did not select free at sea.  Your cost per cabin would be different if you could see that.  If it was your agent the screwed it up, good luck. They may lose money on your booking if they set it right. With 3 cabins total maybe they will break even.

Our TA always sends us a complete statement listing everything we have paid for, what we booked and what is included. Even the most minor changes we get a new invoice listing what we now have. 

On 8/4/2019 at 1:05 PM, debgreg said:

Nope , they have emailed me back saying two cabins have it and the third doesn’t. I then emailed back saying they were all booked together at the same price so they should all have it, but I waited weeks for the last reply about why it was showing a charge and I couldn’t get through on the phone.

I’m hoping the TA will be able to sort it ?

Once you have a travel agent it is their job to get this straightened out. If they don't, you have a poor travel agent. Get another one. The travel agent gets a commission and, if they are a good one, they would prefer that you take your problems to them. Why should you spend any time on the phone or internet with the cruise line?