Water on Insignia

Go-Bucks!

This news IS distressing.  We've been on Insignia multiple times but not recently ... never had such a problem on ANY of the ships (and we've been on all of them).

I sure wouldn't be happy to see colored water coming out of the tap ...

Mura

39 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Yes, there are individual 16 oz. bottles or tall glass containers of the Vero water.

And is where is this water being made?  On the ship?   I will not drink it. !!!  Need bottled water that comes from a place not under the control of the cruise ship. 

we are sailing on the insignia in 3 weeks and very nervous about this water situation.  What happens when you do 

laundry ?  will there be a problem bringing my own water on board?  I guess I will be drinking more wine

or soda at dinner --so much sugar - 

arl_nocaps

13 minutes ago, arl_nocaps said:

we are sailing on the insignia in 3 weeks and very nervous about this water situation.  What happens when you do 

laundry ?  will there be a problem bringing my own water on board?  I guess I will be drinking more wine

or soda at dinner --so much sugar - 

arl_nocaps

They do cook with ship's water & wash the produce with it  as well as wash  the sheets & towels

I wonder how you avoid those things ??

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Are they providing bottled water to take ashore still ?

I was still on the ATW cruise when they made the “cutover” from outside bottled water, to the ship-refilled bottles of Vero Water.... however, as of July 8th, they were still providing small bottles of outside bottled water to take off when going ashore...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

I was still on the ATW cruise when they made the “cutover” from outside bottled water, to the ship-refilled bottles of Vero Water.... however, as of July 8th, they were still providing small bottles of outside bottled water to take off when going ashore...

Yes, they are available at the gang way. They will also provide these small bottles in your cabin.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

YIKES! We were on Insignia for 21 days Southampton-MIA and returned home 12 July. Don't recall seeing the rusty colored water in on cabin on Deck 7 but if we did, we'd certainly pursue the situation. 

Going to be on Insignia for 31 days in Dec....O will hopefully have addressed the problem....as in NOW! Any updates from the Corporate office? 

Just got off today. We had brown water in our cabin sink briefly and only once and it didn't last long. As far as the Vero water goes, we only had 1 glass bottle in our cabin. It was being served by staff at all bars and restaurants with glass bottles that they refilled. The bottles came in still and sparkling and were only handled by staff and never left on our table. Spring and still waters were available at the gangway and Horizons as mentioned above, We also found bottled spring water on the jogging track in a cooler.

3 hours ago, Jim and Monika said:

Spring and still waters were available at the gangway and Horizons as mentioned above,

I'll ask again.  Are those waters that we can use to fill our own bottles?

23 minutes ago, clo said:

I'll ask again.  Are those waters that we can use to fill our own bottles?

the water at the gangway are small individual sealed  bottles like you buy in the store   ....you can take them with you ashore,   refill if you choose  or fill your own container  if you choose

Same for those in the gym or walking track

like this

image.png.f80679b01743764195bf7099b4f139e0.png

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

the water at the gangway are small individual sealed  bottles like you buy in the store   ....you can take them with you ashore,   refill if you choose  or fill your own container  if you choose

Same for those in the gym or walking track

like this

image.png.f80679b01743764195bf7099b4f139e0.png

Thanks.  I'll be filling my own bottle.  Would I do that in our cabin or where?  Thanks.

Just now, clo said:

Thanks.  I'll be filling my own bottle.  Would I do that in our cabin or where?  Thanks.

we would get the staff to fill our reusable bottle  at the Terrace 

on HAL  I used a glass to refill my bottle as they did not want people putting their personal bottles near the spout

• Thanks 1