Guarantee to Stateroom?

oracer

We are 18 days out, when does RCL normally start moving from Guarantee to an actual stateroom number?  Its for our kids who have an inside.   I am hoping not 1-2 days out, need to print luggage tags.   

4 minutes ago, oracer said:

We are 18 days out, when does RCL normally start moving from Guarantee to an actual stateroom number?  Its for our kids who have an inside.   I am hoping not 1-2 days out, need to print luggage tags.   

regardless of when the cabin is assigned you can always get luggage tags from the porters when you drop off your bags.  They have access to a master list with cabin numbers and can make the correct tags for you and affix them to your bags.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, oracer said:

Understand, I'm more on the efficiency side where I like to make sure that it has the right tag and not a sharpie that has or hasn't written the tag correctly.   

Possible wont know cabin number until you get to Ship

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oracer said:

We are 18 days out, when does RCL normally start moving from Guarantee to an actual stateroom number?

Did you look at the SetSail pass? Does it have any info on it (like deck/muster)? Look for any cabins in that area - when you see nothing left online, you might get an actual assignment (very likely you already have one, they just won't tell you).

11 minutes ago, oracer said:

We are 18 days out, when does RCL normally start moving from Guarantee to an actual stateroom number?  ...

There's no "usually", it could happen at any time.

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Possible wont know cabin number until you get to Ship

Did it once by mistake. Did not know what cabin till I checked in. I always request a certain cabin. However, that time I must have screwed up or the TA did. So I never bothered looking before hand.

18 hours ago, oracer said:

Curious as too how old the kids are, if they are minors they must have a stateroom next to or across from yours, and shouldn't book a guarantee

1 hour ago, oracer said:

People are funny, trying to find things.  Our "kids", which we still call them, are 20 and 23 years old.   Find someone else to flame.

I don't see anybody flaming you. I understand the need to be close to your kids. And even when they are 50 they will still be your kids.

In fact, I found most of my questions answered by the helpful folks here. But I would love more info on whether if if was an inside, ocean view or balcony GTY they booked and what cabin they got.

Last time, it was about a week prior; I was on the 7th floor and slightly FWD. This time, I'm prepared to find out on the ship if necessary. My specific sailing still has quite a few empty cabins. I'm not expecting an upgrade but I'm hopeful for a decent assignment within my category. I'm not overly particular in this case or I would have booked a specific assignment. There are certainly itineraries for which I would do so.

I've thought about it and I probably won't Royal Up unless I really don't want my room. If for some reason, I'm not able to swap my room, I'm sure I'll be ok.

Edited by Wanderista

On 8/7/2019 at 12:33 PM, oracer said:

Understand, I'm more on the efficiency side where I like to make sure that it has the right tag and not a sharpie that has or hasn't written the tag correctly.   

Just so you know we always know cabin # before our sailing, but since cruiselines stopped sending real tags (2 out of 8 still do) we always ask porter to put our cabin # and names on real but generic tags.

We never had any problems with getting our language.

I think you will get cabin assigned before boarding though.

13 hours ago, sure-win said:

We're 30 days out and received our email with stateroom numbers today.

I didn’t know they will email us. I can stop checking my set sail pass.  I check it every day.  

DW and I are on the 5 Oct 2019 Anthem to Bermuda.  When I booked this cruise in May only balcony guarantee (XB) available. I checked this morning and there are 2D cabins on deck nine for less than $50 more than I paid for my guarantee. 

I called my TA to upgrade to this cabin but RCCL said that it would be like a new booking and a $200 penalty would apply.

I was under the impression that you could upgrade after final payment without penalty.

Gotten finalized, the kids were moved from a guarantee inside to Spacious Oceanview on deck 12.  YEAH!   So I now have a room for them and it is better than what they got.  Thanks RCL.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 8:34 AM, oracer said:

People are funny, trying to find things.  Our "kids", which we still call them, are 20 and 23 years old.   Find someone else to flame.

Wow, chill out, not trying to "Flame" you, just trying to be helpful and pointing out a possible problem

23 hours ago, Trailcon said:

DW and I are on the 5 Oct 2019 Anthem to Bermuda.  When I booked this cruise in May only balcony guarantee (XB) available. I checked this morning and there are 2D cabins on deck nine for less than $50 more than I paid for my guarantee. 

I called my TA to upgrade to this cabin but RCCL said that it would be like a new booking and a $200 penalty would apply.

I was under the impression that you could upgrade after final payment without penalty.

You are right.  Perhaps your TA is not doing his/her job...….?

On 8/8/2019 at 1:16 PM, doones2 said:

I didn’t know they will email us. I can stop checking my set sail pass.  I check it every day.  

I think getting an email is hit or miss.  Just got assigned for a cruise in Oct 2020, and only found out by logging in.  Have another GTY in Feb 2020, and no assignment yet.  I would keep checking.