Question about Oceania Club Benefits

netpj

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Dan, when there are gratuities coming from a TA the amount you get if you are Silver has been capped at $250 per cabin for a few years. 

I'm not sure exactly what you are saying in the first two lines but if you are Silver and are receiving free grats for your cruise there is no cap on them. Let's say you're going 20 days in a suite which would be $46 a day x 20 days = $920. All of that would be paid. 

In the last printed material the Oceania club level for OBC for the Silver category was $250 and the gold $400. Platinum is $500. These are cabin amounts not per person.

Just so I have this clear in my mind, if our TA gives us an 11% discount on the O fare, but does not include free gratuities, then as Silver we will still get free gratuities for the entire cruise from O + $250 SBC. The only time the $125 pp cap comes into play is when our TA also offers free gratuities as part of their booking promotion. Have I got this straight?

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just so I have this clear in my mind, if our TA gives us an 11% discount on the O fare, but does not include free gratuities, then as Silver we will still get free gratuities for the entire cruise from O + $250 SBC. The only time the $125 pp cap comes into play is when our TA also offers free gratuities as part of their booking promotion. Have I got this straight?

Just to be clear, the $250 SBC is for your Silver loyalty level. It has nothing to do with gratuities. Then on top of that you get all the gratuities paid. IF your TA is also giving you gratuities then you get ANOTHER $250 shipboard credit. Those that were Silver before a certain date(maybe 2013-or 14) get even more. At one point they were getting the full amount of the grats again. I'm not sure now, maybe one of them could chime in.

Oceania has a really good Loyalty program, even with the cuts coming up it's still one of the best. Just look at the free cruises. On Celebrity I think you get a free cruise at or after 100, or when you hit Zenith with them. 

It's nothing for some Oceania cruisers to have OBC in 4 digits, and that's before the TA part kicks in. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ORV said:

Just to be clear, the $250 SBC is for your Silver loyalty level. It has nothing to do with gratuities. Then on top of that you get all the gratuities paid. IF your TA is also giving you gratuities then you get ANOTHER $250 shipboard credit. Those that were Silver before a certain date(maybe 2013-or 14) get even more. At one point they were getting the full amount of the grats again. I'm not sure now, maybe one of them could chime in.

Oceania has a really good Loyalty program, even with the cuts coming up it's still one of the best. Just look at the free cruises. On Celebrity I think you get a free cruise at or after 100, or when you hit Zenith with them. 

It's nothing for some Oceania cruisers to have OBC in 4 digits, and that's before the TA part kicks in. 

Thanks ORV. Oceania does have a great loyalty program. On Princess we automatically start with $750 SBC as both my DW and I are retired military plus we have 100 shares of Carnival stock as well as Norwegian. Our goal is to reach Elite on Princess for the free laundry and better internet discounts and Elite+ on Celebrity for the 2 bags of laundry per person per leg as well as 3 free drinks a day during happy hour.

As you might notice, we dont like doing laundry on cruises. On Celebrity since we usually book a sky suite, we usually get all of the other perks (internet for 2, free gratuities, premium beversge package and $300 SBC) for free anyway.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

8 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Orv, would you explain Zenith?  I saw reference to this earlier, and though I googled for 15 minutes was not able to put the comment in context.

I think he was being funny

like it will take you  a long time on other lines to get  a "free cruise" unlike on O

Some lines you  need 50 days to get a free drink  some  a 100 to get free laundry  ETC

Actually Zenith is the highest level of Celebrity's loyalty club. Most of them achieved it under the old Celebrity system where they awarded status by number of cruises instead of nights and room level, which they now use. Under their old system any cruise over 14 nights got 2 points, cruise in a Concierge or higher get another point on that cruise. 

For example, I made Elite in 5 cruises, it required 10 cruise points. 

But back to the Zeniths, many of them are from the Florida area, cruised b2b short cruises at last minute pricing in insides or whatever was cheapest. It was pretty easy for them to rack up 100 cruise points. Now it is almost impossible to make Zenith on Celebrity. They tend to get the same perks as the suite passengers, regardless of which room they book on a cruise. It's a great deal for them. 

The only level between Elite & Zenith is Elite plus. 

I know that was more information that you asked for but there it is. 

PS, Zenith was the name of their 3rd ship. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, bigmjh said:

Attached are the changes that were compiled a couple of months ago (may be slightly outdated) ...

2019 O's Benefit Changes.pdf 87.76 kB · 17 downloads

Just looked at my booking confirmation and notice something - Bronze OBC benefit listed as $50 pp, while the listing above (2019 O's Benefit changes) indicates $100 OBC.  The way it's listed it would appear that each bronze member would be getting $100 OBC (which is reduced from the previous $200 benefit).  Both my sister and I are Bronze currently.  Also one bottle of wine, not one for each Bronze member.

What am I missing?

1 minute ago, GeorgesGal said:

Just looked at my booking confirmation and notice something - Bronze OBC benefit listed as $50 pp, while the listing above (2019 O's Benefit changes) indicates $100 OBC.  The way it's listed it would appear that each bronze member would be getting $100 OBC (which is reduced from the previous $200 benefit).  Both my sister and I are Bronze currently.  Also one bottle of wine, not one for each Bronze member.

What am I missing?

The benefit is for the cabin and is based on the person who has the highest loyalty standing.

1 minute ago, GeorgesGal said:

What am I missing?

the OBC is per cabin

it always was 

sometimes it is listed on the invoice as PP  but the total is still the same

18 hours ago, ORV said:

Actually Zenith is the highest level of Celebrity's loyalty club. Most of them achieved it under the old Celebrity system where they awarded status by number of cruises instead of nights and room level, which they now use. Under their old system any cruise over 14 nights got 2 points, cruise in a Concierge or higher get another point on that cruise. 

Thanks very much!  Now the other comments make sense to me.  We've only cruised once on Celebrity, and that was on the old Century (liked that ship!).  Now their ships are just too big for our tastes.

20 hours ago, ORV said:

Those that were Silver before a certain date(maybe 2013-or 14) get even more. At one point they were getting the full amount of the grats again. I'm not sure now, maybe one of them could chime in.

Yes - if you reached Silver before 12/31/2013, you will get a full amount of SECOND PPG.

In other words, as a Silver and above you get PPG as a benefit, if your TA gives you PPG, the “grandfathered” cruisers will get a full amount of PPG as OBC (others will max out at $250). On the rare occasion where there are 3 PPGs (loyalty, TA and O promo), the THIRD PPG maxes out at $250 for everyone (even the grandfathered ones).