Exciting Ocean Medallion App News

idahospud

9 hours ago, jeanandjim said:

A question for the expert. Has any thought been give to including daily menus in one of the apps, either Oceannow or Oceancompass? 

Jim😎

by the way, are your initials VJ?

9 hours ago, pms4104 said:

The team seems to have enuf on their plate without adding menus

Yes, but it would be a NTH.  I find myself taking a trip by a DR to check it out on the wall ahead of time.  Often I am checking to see what we might have so I know which wine to bring to dinner.  Sometimes we get a preview for the next night at dinner as our friend is pescatarian.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J&Dhighdesert said:

Our family of five will be traveling with a 11 year old girl.  My question is, do we need to buy a medallion for her?  Thanks in advance for your response.

6 hours ago, Plant said:

You don't buy medallion's, they are given to you.  They replace the cruise card. 

And, yes, she will need one.

On 9/1/2019 at 12:21 PM, jeanandjim said:

A question for the expert. Has any thought been give to including daily menus in one of the apps, either Oceannow or Oceancompass? 

Jim😎

by the way, are your initials VJ?

Hello @jeanandjim. Yes we do plan to incorporate dining room menu listings in a future release. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Question about the Medallion Class app on Android phones

I downloaded the app on a Samsung Galaxy (android) and on an Iphone and an I pad. On the Iphone and Ipad the OCEANREADY Pass is displayed on a single screen (no scrolling required) so you can save a screenshot of the entire pass. 

On the android phones (2 different ones) the OCEANREADY pass shows the name and voyage information and the top part of the QR code block. You have to scroll down to see the entire QR block but then the name and part of the passenger information is missing.  I called the ocean navigator line and asked if I could just capture the QR code and they said no, that the entire OCEANREADY pass would need to be captured. I know that I can just use the printed boarding pass and I have that printed out but it is really frustrating to have the app say you need to do  screen capture of the pass and then the app makes it impossible. 

43 minutes ago, jjr718 said:

I downloaded the app on a Samsung Galaxy (android) and on an Iphone and an I pad. On the Iphone and Ipad the OCEANREADY Pass is displayed on a single screen (no scrolling required) so you can save a screenshot of the entire pass. 

On the android phones (2 different ones) the OCEANREADY pass shows the name and voyage information and the top part of the QR code block. You have to scroll down to see the entire QR block but then the name and part of the passenger information is missing.  I called the ocean navigator line and asked if I could just capture the QR code and they said no, that the entire OCEANREADY pass would need to be captured. I know that I can just use the printed boarding pass and I have that printed out but it is really frustrating to have the app say you need to do  screen capture of the pass and then the app makes it impossible. 

Hmm... smacks of perhaps a slap-dash conversion to Android???

46 minutes ago, jjr718 said:

I'm impressed you got the MedallionClass app to work on your Galaxy. I can install it but when I bring it up it freezes completely.  I did get OceanReady to work as a separate app and my have some help for your problem.  On my Galaxy S10, I went into settings/display and there adjusted the screen "zoom" and made the font size smaller.  Now the my name, ship, sailing date etc. and the QR Code display on one screen.  If they want all the voyage information below the QR Code on the same page, I don't see how that is possible on any phone screen.

23 minutes ago, sfoak said:

I'm impressed you got the MedallionClass app to work on your Galaxy. I can install it but when I bring it up it freezes completely.  I did get OceanReady to work as a separate app and my have some help for your problem.  On my Galaxy S10, I went into settings/display and there adjusted the screen "zoom" and made the font size smaller.  Now the my name, ship, sailing date etc. and the QR Code display on one screen.  If they want all the voyage information below the QR Code on the same page, I don't see how that is possible on any phone screen.

Thanks for that tip on the zoom.  I had never bothered to use it before.  I had two decent screen shots but I re-did them. 

You know, there is no reason we cannot pull up the BP's in the OCEAN Medallion App at check-in - just like airline BP's.  I have never swiped and saved those off.  Only reason for a screen shot IMO is if cannot get the app up or a passenger is not connected to internet at the time (like not connected to a mobile provider). 

5 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

I don't see how.  I would expect to have similar behavior with it as sitting here at home.

I was just hoping that Princess had an app. There are other companies that have apps and show a countdown and roll call for your cruise. I am surprised Princess has nothing other than medallion apps.

9 minutes ago, denmarks said:

I was just hoping that Princess had an app. There are other companies that have apps and show a countdown and roll call for your cruise. I am surprised Princess has nothing other than medallion apps.

I agree.  Very behind the times as most travel industry big players have well-developed mobile apps by now.  Princess only has browser interface for their website functions.  The legacy internet runs off browsers using <shipname>.princess.com when on board.

On 9/10/2019 at 2:39 PM, steelers36 said:

Thanks for that tip on the zoom.  I had never bothered to use it before.  I had two decent screen shots but I re-did them. 

You know, there is no reason we cannot pull up the BP's in the OCEAN Medallion App at check-in - just like airline BP's.  I have never swiped and saved those off.  Only reason for a screen shot IMO is if cannot get the app up or a passenger is not connected to internet at the time (like not connected to a mobile provider). 

On 9/10/2019 at 2:13 PM, sfoak said:

On my Galaxy S10, I went into settings/display and there adjusted the screen "zoom" and made the font size smaller. 

Wow Wow Wow!!!   we are getting on in Rome and don't plan on being connected to the internet until we are safely on-board and connected thru medallion-net.

Thanx,Jim😎

Edited by jeanandjim

On 9/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, steelers36 said:

Yes, but it would be a NTH.  I find myself taking a trip by a DR to check it out on the wall ahead of time.  Often I am checking to see what we might have so I know which wine to bring to dinner.  Sometimes we get a preview for the next night at dinner as our friend is pescatarian.

I've asked this question many times directly with Santa Clarita and haven't gotten the answer to if there is enough bandwidth to add the evening menu to the intranet app.  We have the practice of going to the DR sometime during the day and looking on the wall for the evening fare and that's not a big deal.  Most times it doesn't matter because we are going there anyway and even if we were to decide ahead of time what we were going to order, our waiter would probably talk us out of it based upon what he has seen.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:58 PM, sfoak said:

Still does not work with a Samsung Galaxy S10 running Android 9. The current version of the Medallion Class app opens but then locks up and is completely unresponsive.

I have the same problem with a Samsung S8 running Android 9.

Any fixes?

Thank you.