Another dress code question...

I'm sure you are all sick of people asking about Celebrity dress code.  I also know you love to refer people to the Celebrity website. You don't need to, I've already been there.  This is from the Celebrity webpage:

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

My question is about jeans in the MDR.  In this forum some of you have said jeans without holes.  Well jeans with holes just happen to be in style, and their website does not mention that.  I have a pair of denim Capri jeans with holes and a pretty design on the side.  They are cute and super comfortable!  Would I be out of place wearing them in the MDR on a non-chic night?

15 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I'm sure you are all sick of people asking about Celebrity dress code.  I also know you love to refer people to the Celebrity website. You don't need to, I've already been there.  This is from the Celebrity webpage:

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

My question is about jeans in the MDR.  In this forum some of you have said jeans without holes.  Well jeans with holes just happen to be in style, and their website does not mention that.  I have a pair of denim Capri jeans with holes and a pretty design on the side.  They are cute and super comfortable!  Would I be out of place wearing them in the MDR on a non-chic night?

Wear them. The staff at the entrance to the MDR will let you know if they are allowed or not. If they are cool with your holey jeans that's all the matters. 

6 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Not giving an opinion but passing on that the website used to say no holes. That is possibly why you see some giving that opinion.

I'm was surprised they took the "no holes in jeans" out of the websites published dress code. 

35 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Not giving an opinion but passing on that the website used to say no holes. That is possibly why you see some giving that opinion.

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm was surprised they took the "no holes in jeans" out of the websites published dress code. 

Perhaps because under Chic Night it says “designer jeans” and many designer jeans have holes now since they are in style. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Perhaps. 

Could be since Celebrity nor anyone else has ever defined "designer Jeans" so probably anything goes.   I live in jeans in the winter but on a Caribbean cruise or my upcoming Bermuda cruise they won't even see the suitcase.   In Alaska we did wear our Le Kirkland designer jeans by Costco.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

Could be since Celebrity nor anyone else has ever defined "designer Jeans" so probably anything goes.   I live in jeans in the winter but on a Caribbean cruise or my upcoming Bermuda cruise they won't even see the suitcase.  

Summer denim isn't isn’t any warmer than dress pants, and I’ve found the theaters and dining rooms are typically chilly on ships. I don’t think I’ve ever cruised without them.  I agree on the designer definition. I would guess a suite passenger vs a regular passenger would have a different view of what labels would be considered designer. I’m just happy if my jeans can hide any flaws!  😜

In Alaska we did wear our Le Kirkland designer jeans by Costco.  

😂

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

44 minutes ago, Marelaine said:

I packed my white distressed ankle jeans with cute eyelet patches. I wasn't sure if I would wear them, but I put them on with gold sandals and a dressy tunic and was allowed into the MDR for dinner. 

Good!  Mine are faded with bling and a couple holes. I figured I’d pair them with a cute top. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Summer denim isn't isn’t any warmer than dress pants, and I’ve found the theaters and dining rooms are typically chilly on ships. I don’t think I’ve ever cruised without them.  I agree on the designer definition. I would guess a suite passenger vs a regular passenger would have a different view of what labels would be considered designer. I’m just happy if my jeans can hide any flaws!  😜

😂

I feel embarrassed to tell you we are in a Royal Suite......

• Haha 1

No idea of  how ripped up the proposed jeans are  ...but I  have not seen  very many jeans on X ships ;  blingy , ripped, faded, acid washed ,  laced ,  painted, tie dyed or otherwise.   But I expect more will appear as time goes by.  

Really has nothing to do with  designer labels  or what level  cabin one books....just a change in the "Modern Luxury" cruiser demographic and how they perceive themselves.  Getting dressed up for dinner is no longer a very big deal.

Not looking for formal dress but  in my opinion, a decent pair of  non denim capris  or cruise wear  would be much nicer than ripped  style jeans..

X  will.no doubt allow  casual cruisers  to push the  envelope and they will eventually win out.   Nice to shake the Captain's hand looking like a trip to the mall!

15 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

😂

Swing and a miss. You're not only guessing you're assuming. 🙄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I would guess a suite passenger vs a regular passenger would have a different view of what labels would be considered designer.

Elitist much? You're seriously assuming that a "regular" passenger has no concept of fashion or designer clothing?

Ripped jeans are ripped jeans no matter what the label is. And please don't confuse current popularity  with appropriateness. Just because a current style is en vogue does not mean it is suitable for wearing in all situations. Can you get away with wearing them? Possibly. Will you look conspicuously out of place in them? Possibly.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, mom says said:

Elitist much? You're seriously assuming that a "regular" passenger has no concept of fashion or designer clothing?

Ripped jeans are ripped jeans no matter what the label is. And please don't confuse current popularity  with appropriateness. Just because a current style is en vogue does not mean it is suitable for wearing in all situations. Can you get away with wearing them? Possibly. Will you look conspicuously out of place in them? Possibly.

Not at all. I’m one of the “regular” passengers.  I see many things I would love to have but can’t afford so I buy what’s within my budget. 

If I’m out of place being myself then this will be not only our first, but also our last cruise with Celebrity. My husband and I don’t feel the need to try to impress others.  I was initially concerned about giving Celebrity a try after reading some of the comments from people on this board. However it was cheaper than other cruises we were looking at so we decided to go for it.  I was greatly relieved after chatting with people that will be on our cruise. It seems that vast majority are down to earth and friendly. Obviously all aren’t. If Celebrity doesn’t want people wearing ripped jeans on their ships, they can state that in their dress code. Or maybe they need to check with the snootiest of their passengers to get their approval first. 

12 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Not at all. I’m one of the “regular” passengers.  I see many things I would love to have but can’t afford so I buy what’s within my budget. 

If I’m out of place being myself then this will be not only our first, but also our last cruise with Celebrity. My husband and I don’t feel the need to try to impress others.  I was initially concerned about giving Celebrity a try after reading some of the comments from people on this board. However it was cheaper than other cruises we were looking at so we decided to go for it.  I was greatly relieved after chatting with people that will be on our cruise. It seems that vast majority are down to earth and friendly. Obviously all aren’t. If Celebrity doesn’t want people wearing ripped jeans on their ships, they can state that in their dress code. Or maybe they need to check with the snootiest of their passengers to get their approval first. 

LOL good for you!  You will be just fine and you will also not find any of the elitist attitudes some people post here once onboard....its just so much easier for them to critique and criticize hiding behind their keyboards....frankly once onboard nobody notices much of anything other than if their drinks aren't poured correctly....

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Celebrity removed the 'no rips, holes or tears' from their dress code, so it's safe to assume that someone is aware of the current fashion. My husband and I also dress for each other. He likes the way I look and that's all that matters to me. Bring your jeans. If you're like me, you'll have plenty of back up items if you don't feel comfortable. Enjoy your cruise and come back and tell us you had a great time.

Edited by Marelaine
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We did our first cruise on Celebrity last month.  People onboard are WAY more easy going than people on the board who act like they own the ship.  

I wore pants to dinner every night and then changed into shorts for shows/bar afterwards. I also saw men wearing shorts in specialty dining, two teenagers wearing hats at specialty dining and a guy who wore shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt day and night (no idea where he ate).  What other people choose to wear had 0 impact on my enjoyment of the evening or the cruise. I choose to worry about myself. 

Edited by Dom G
  • Like 4