Adriatic during October

Hello all

Has anyone cruised the Adriatic during the last two weeks of October? We usually cruise through August which is mighty hot but great on sea days. I'm just wondering whether sunbathing on deck is still an option at that time of year and also if the sea is considerably rougher?

For us October temperatures are very pleasant, but it depends on what you are used to.

For seas, storms can happen anytime, but I have only experienced them in Jan/Feb. Again, it is very subjective, as my definition of a storm is much higher than DW's.

• Thanks 1

Most of my Med cruises have been in later October or November. You run the risk of cloudier weather (particularly in the more northern Adriatic), but when sunny it is still warm enough to sunbathe, particularly if there is a deck where there is some protection from the wind.

Only once in 7 Med cruises during these months do I recall some rough seas, and they weren't in the Adriatic.

Edited to add:  Of course, weather is weather. Rough seas COULD happen. I would just say that from my experience it's not too likely...

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Thanks 1

Not cruised, but used to go to somewhere in the Med during half-term holiday, 3rd week in October... for me, it was pleasantly warm wherever we went, but always a chance of rain. I remember that the sea was cooling down in more northerly places, and even in southern Spain the water was getting chilly if you stayed in long; Tunisia was the warmest. It's autumn; nights are lengthening, the weather's changing; - but I'm sure you'll find some sunbathing time on board. 🙂 

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

(Psst - Oct is best time for Adriatic)

We've always had good (sunny) weather in the Med during Oct.  Mrs Ldubs says good weather follows her around and based on our travel experiences I think that is true.  

• Thanks 1

Not sure if it will be warm enough to actually sunbathe but you certainly will be able to sit out in the sun. The weather can be variable (as anywhere). We have cruised several times in October and generally it isn't bad - certainly not the blazing heat of the summer. Bare in mind that the weather could be a bit hit and miss. We did have one particular storm that I remember !