Best pizza in Manhattan

Lenquixote66,  that's funny; but it's true.  Lot of inner city places are becoming that way.  In downtown Cincinnati;(where I live); some of the old neighborhoods have been raised from the dead.  

6 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Lenquixote66,  that's funny; but it's true.  Lot of inner city places are becoming that way.  In downtown Cincinnati;(where I live); some of the old neighborhoods have been raised from the dead.  

Friends and myself went to Crossley Field in the early 60’s to see our METS play your REDS .Has that area changed ?

On 1/6/2020 at 12:17 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Very few of the pizza parlors from 40 or 50 years ago are still around in Brooklyn.That is because Brooklyn has changed so much since it was yuppified .

I am amazed that houses that sold for 50k in Brooklyn in 70’s now are over a million.  Agree most pizza laces from back then are not there now.   

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I am amazed that houses that sold for 50k in Brooklyn in 70’s now are over a million.  Agree most pizza laces from back then are not there now.   

I grew up in an apartment building ,3 stories,no elevator.Currently the apartments are going for close to a million .

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I grew up in an apartment building ,3 stories,no elevator.Currently the apartments are going for close to a million .

Same here old brownstone in ridgewood on Brooklyn queens border went to bushwick hs. 

lenquixote66,  Crosley field was on the outskirts of downtown Cincy.   The sight was right off interstate 75, which is now buildings and business'.  The Reds Ballpark along with the Bengals ballpark are downtown Cincy right on the river.  You can walk from the baseball stadium to the football stadium.  In between the two stadiums are bars, and restaurants

Edited by AF-1
spelling

On 1/7/2020 at 10:31 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Friends and myself went to Crossley Field in the early 60’s to see our METS play your REDS .Has that area changed ?

37 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

lenquixote66,  Crosley field was on the outskirts of downtown Cincy.   The sight was right off interstate 75, which is now buildings and business'.  The Reds Ballpark along with the Bengals ballpark are downtown Cincy right on the river.  You can walk from the baseball stadium to the football stadium.  In between the two stadiums are bars, and restaurants

Crosley Field was named after Powell Crosley Jr. who purchased the Reds in 1934. Crosley automobiles, radios, electronics, and founder of WLW radio station.  50,000 watt transmitter largest in the nation at that time.  Believe still is.  Little history note.  Regards, Gerry.

11 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Gerry, WLW is still a power house and they still have lots of power to transmit across the country. You can find Crosley radio's and record players in antique shops.  

My father was an amateur (Ham) radio operator and had a 250 ft.  self supporting Blaw-Knox tower in his backyard. W8VYE.  Remember many nights as a boy listening to dad speak to people all over the world. Regards, Gerry. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 7:49 AM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

A couple guys in our roll call were discussing the best pizza in Manhattan. There’s nothing I like more than a good pizza!  We will be staying at the Courtyard Central Park, looks like it’s at Broadway and 54th St. What are the best pizza places in either that area or near Chelsea Piers?  

On 8/13/2019 at 9:16 AM, 1025cruise said:

Ask 4 different New Yorkers about their favorite slice, get 4 different answers. Just about any pizza place will offer a good slice.

Pretty much. 

My favorite is Pizza Suprema on 8th and 31st, across from MSG.  Go there at least once a month.  

4 hours ago, geegee1 said:

Pretty much. 

My favorite is Pizza Suprema on 8th and 31st, across from MSG.  Go there at least once a month.  

In 1964 Pizza Suprema raised the price of a slice from a nickel to a dime and there was nearly a riot.People were picketing.They have been in business this long primarily because they were there when the new MSG opened .

On 1/8/2020 at 1:20 PM, George C said:

Same here old brownstone in ridgewood on Brooklyn queens border went to bushwick hs. 

The school zoning were very strange.My late brother in law lived in Bushwick and went to Jefferson.I should have been zoned for Boys High but I went to Wingate.