Connie questions

39august

Thinking of taking Connie next Dec.( changing from RF ) as the Sky Suite rates are very good. Any advise about what cabins are most desirable on that ship? Noise? Larger balconies, etc.? Any and all info is appreciated. 

We have booked 6115 for  a cruise after the renovations are completed, and hope nothing too noisy will be below us.  Not sure from the  new deck plan. Any ideas?

Do you think Q sine will survive as Q sine?

Constellation is an M-Class ship so fewer amenities than the S-Class ones like Reflection.  I like it, but it's a different experience.  Many of the Deck 6 suites have views of the top of the lifeboats.

I did a crash course in learning about the Connie sky suites last night.

Found out that 6145 and 6146 are special, as they connect to the penthouse suites. Pros: nicer decor, huge bathroom with walk-in shower AND tub. Cons: engine vibration and noise possible from adjoining suite, including piano that is near the connecting wall.

6126 and 6132 (and opposite equivalents) have larger balconies that jut out. But we were getting $300pp higher pricing compared to the standard balconies, and to us, that just wasn't worth the bump from the next lowest Sky Suites.

6102 has privacy issues with the suite next to it being able to see the balcony pretty well

People have mentioned the lifeboats and the other equipment already, but I found this image very helpful in deciding which cabins to avoid.

image.png

We were going to book S2 cabins..price was a very reasonable jump over Aqua...but based on reviews and pictures like the one on the previous post, we opted to book A1 cabins with friends with the larger balconies facing aft on 11.   Luminae is attracting, the perks are attracting, but cabin location and view do matter....I'd just rather sip on my drink on my balcony watching the wake and the sunset.

DeninAntigua

Great job mapping the cabins on Deck 6..

Could you pissibly show 6115...opp side.

I suspected it was over a life boat but  am concerned with the apparatux show here in front of 6118....presume it  will be the same on opp side,..

6124 looks like the best S2

We decided to try the recently-announced Tampa 10-day for our 2021 anniversary, and agree the prices for S2 are "low" by recent Celebrity standards, so we booked one.  Our last Constellation Sky Suite experience (in Dec 2014, pre-Luminae and when Michael's was off-limits for lowly SS guests) wasn't all that great, but it gave us a little more stateroom space and the prices were much lower back then. Solstice class Sky Suites after that had considerably better decor and sea views.

Maybe I missed something, but is there such a thing as a "retreat" on the post-Revolution Constellation? If so, I sure don't see it on the post-rev deck plan shown on the X website.

Edited by Caribbean Chris

Did sister ship infinity in SS 6102 this year ,last year did same cabin on summit, small balcony, large closet. Nothing special about suite. But luminae is so good, service and food is excellent. Also service in suite lounge micheals is really great , micheals is elegant with free drinks from early morning till late , not like rccl 3.5 hours, if they do not have your scotch or wine of choice they will try to get it. 

6 hours ago, 39august said:

Thinking of taking Connie next Dec.( changing from RF ) as the Sky Suite rates are very good. Any advise about what cabins are most desirable on that ship? Noise? Larger balconies, etc.? Any and all info is appreciated. 

Found my review on the M class spreadsheet from December 2014. Tea carts in the afternoon wouldn't be a problem any more because I think X wisely did away with automatic tea service delivered to suites in the afternoon long ago. However, that bright light shining across the hall might still be an issue for 6121,

"Cabin: #6121

Deck#: 6 - Penthouse

Class Sky Suite2

Area Aft

Bed Near: Between bathroom and living area

Quiet: No. Directly across from Butler's large closet. Every afternoon, multiple tea carts are lined up in front of your door, to be navigated around as you try to arrive or leave your room. At night, even very late or early a.m, butlers come and go, with bright lights shining under your door every time their pantry door is left open.

Balcony View: Not good. View is not blocked if you look straight ahead or from your bed, but directly below your balcony is an industrial looking crew work area containing racks of round cases with life rafts. This area is where a tug with barge was attached for refueling one morning in port.

Balcony size: Average for Sky Suite. Two chairs, one footrest, one small table.

Wind? No

Soot? No

Problems/Comments: Switched to this room (as a Guarantee) in order to save $500 on the cruise fare. Worth it to me, but there must be better S2s."

12 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Found my review on the M class spreadsheet from December 2014. Tea carts in the afternoon wouldn't be a problem any more because I think X wisely did away with automatic tea service delivered to suites in the afternoon long ago. However, that bright light shining across the hall might still be an issue for 6121,

"Cabin: #6121

Deck#: 6 - Penthouse

Class Sky Suite2

Area Aft

Bed Near: Between bathroom and living area

Quiet: No. Directly across from Butler's large closet. Every afternoon, multiple tea carts are lined up in front of your door, to be navigated around as you try to arrive or leave your room. At night, even very late or early a.m, butlers come and go, with bright lights shining under your door every time their pantry door is left open.

Balcony View: Not good. View is not blocked if you look straight ahead or from your bed, but directly below your balcony is an industrial looking crew work area containing racks of round cases with life rafts. This area is where a tug with barge was attached for refueling one morning in port.

Balcony size: Average for Sky Suite. Two chairs, one footrest, one small table.

Wind? No

Soot? No

Problems/Comments: Switched to this room (as a Guarantee) in order to save $500 on the cruise fare. Worth it to me, but there must be better S2s."

Wonder if same applies to same cabin position on starboard, 6122. We are holding 6124 which is next to it. 

None of them are great but we switched to 6123...next door to the one with the neg notes....We'll hope for the best!

Dh was happy with the one we had but i did not like having the life boat right there..,So it'll be my bad if it was not a good switch!

I think 6124 is the same but opp side...which cruise are you looking at?  We could be neighbors!

Edited by hcat

We have stayed in 6119, 6123 and 6125.  The  balconies on 6123 & 6119 were small.  6119 had 2 chairs and small table I don’t think footstools would have fit.

6121 had 2 chairs and 1 footstool, no table.     Views had some obstruction from the lifeboats and other equipment.  6125 had a slightly larger balcony as it flares out a bit on one end  and a less obstructed view.  The Sky Suites on the  M class ships are smaller than the S Class SKy Suites.  The 50 sq ft or so difference in the suite combined with the small balcony makes these less desirable to us. 

We are looking at booking the Connie for a Panama Canal Cruise and have decided to book a AQ1 aft facing  cabin with the huge  balcony.  The price difference is $1900. 

We swapped a February cruise on RF in a Sky Suite for the holiday one on Connie in 6117.  Here's hoping it is a good room.  The lifeboats don't bother me.  I'm currently more worried about the smoke, but I'll have to hope for the best.  

What kind of grab bars are in the shower?  I was trying to leave the accessible suite for someone more needy than me, but II may need to switch to it.  We've only done S-Class ships.

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We have stayed in 6119, 6123 and 6125.  

.. 6125 had a slightly larger balcony as it flares out a bit on one end  and a less obstructed view.  The Sky Suites on the  M class ships are smaller than the S Class SKy Suites.  The 50 sq ft or so difference in the suite combined with the small balcony makes these less desirable to us. 

We were looking at 6125 last night. Found some images and I was tempted by the extra balcony space. But it was $600 total more than the S2 with the skinny balcony. 

Asked DH what he thought, as he loves having a balcony. He said “honestly? Not worth it”. Reminded me that the only time we tend to use the balcony is for coffee and croissants in the morning. So we’re saving the $600 to pay for something else. 

Jelayne and everyone

Thanks for all the info..we went back to our orig cabin over the life boat..6115.

My husb wants the suite experience so we'll make up our minds to  enjoy what  we get.  At least we know what to expect sort of...and a 10 day cruise on a renovated ship  will be great.,.

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

We decided to try the recently-announced Tampa 10-day for our 2021 anniversary, and agree the prices for S2 are "low" by recent Celebrity standards, so we booked one.  Our last Constellation Sky Suite experience (in Dec 2014, pre-Luminae and when Michael's was off-limits for lowly SS guests) wasn't all that great, but it gave us a little more stateroom space and the prices were much lower back then. Solstice class Sky Suites after that had considerably better decor and sea views.

Maybe I missed something, but is there such a thing as a "retreat" on the post-Revolution Constellation? If so, I sure don't see it on the post-rev deck plan shown on the X website.

I just booked 6115 for the Feb 15 sailing and the suite amenities included access to the Retreat.  

4 minutes ago, frankdp said:

I just booked 6115 for the Feb 15 sailing and the suite amenities included access to the Retreat.  

Yes, I’m seeing that amenity on the website for all revolutionized ships, but wondering where physically on the ship a Retreat space, if any, is to be located for Constellation.

The post-revolution deck plan shows Luminae and a Michael’s Club as usual in same locations -  but not any outdoor lounging space somewhere called “retreat.”

5 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

...The post-revolution deck plan shows Luminae and a Michael’s Club as usual in same locations -  but not any outdoor lounging space somewhere called “retreat.”

Would share a link to where you found the post-revolution deck plan? Thanks!

30 minutes ago, frankdp said:

Yup..that's our cabin but for a diff itin..great price 4 perks plus suite amenities!