Fresh coffee at 5 am

justjill1

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

And just joined on Tuesday!

Welcome to cruise critic botanica!  I don't know if you are cruising on RCI or are just considering it or are doing research on a number of cruise lines.  Each cruise line has its own board (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/858-categories/).   They are invaluable for asking cruise line specific questions. 

Considering and doing research. Thank you!

8 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Strangely I prefer my coffee just very warm. Hate it when its boiling hot.

I will put cold water in it if it's too hot.

Same here. I just don't understand how people don't burn their mouth from it being so hot.

8 hours ago, botanica said:

Considering and doing research. Thank you!

I can fill in the information for Princess ships:  coffee from free room service is available 24/7 and on most ships there is an International Cafe (or similar) with specialty coffees and teas plus pastries, panini, salads, gelato (only on certain ships), etc. available at appropriate times of the day (i.e. at 5 am it is probably just pastries but I wouldn't know because I haven't been up that early on a cruise ship 😀).  The coffees and teas require purchase with a coffee card while the pastries, paninis, and salads are free:

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-physical-card-disclaimer/

Enjoy your researching!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, clo said:

Thanks.  I knew the first part but not the second.  I'll share that on a food site I'm on.  So I wonder if the machine itself would be considered safe in cabins.  

PS  I don't need coffee that much.

I seriously doubt it.  

DON

My suggestion is that you cruise on Princess :).  Their fabulous International Café is open 24/7 and not only has small batch freshly brewed coffee (for a small fee)...but some decent donuts and snacks (no extra cost).

Hank

• Like 1

Hello all.  With being new to this site posted topic for all cruise lines when meaning to do for RC, specifically Brilliance.   

Apologies.  Must say have enjoyed replies tho.   Have re-posted properly now.  Thank you.

7 hours ago, evandbob said:

The older I get, the harder it becomes for me to party all night till 5AM.  Over 50 cruises and I've yet to stay awake all night and then get to see a sunrise.🤨😏

ALL night !?!? Heck, I'm doing good to stay awake past midnight !!🙄 Course I was getting up at 3 a.m. every work day for twenty years till I retired soooo that's probably got something to do with it !! LOLLLLLL !

Mac

• 4 weeks later...

I, too, am generally an early riser, and it takes only the first morning to locate your fellow coffee drinkers. On one of my early RCL cruises, we discovered an out-of-the-way coffee station with hot coffee very early. On Carvival Magic they serve an early riser continental breakfast in Ocean Plaza, on the Promenade deck. 

25 minutes ago, simplelife said:

I, too, am generally an early riser, and it takes only the first morning to locate your fellow coffee drinkers. On one of my early RCL cruises, we discovered an out-of-the-way coffee station with hot coffee very early. On Carvival Magic they serve an early riser continental breakfast in Ocean Plaza, on the Promenade deck. 

I've noticed that listed on the back page of the 'Fun Times' and have often wondered IF any body did show up. I'd wake up and thought about heading down BUT I know my wife isn't interested because she sleeps till 10-10;30 which to me is almost lunch time. We've got an Christmas cruise coming up and I think I might just see how good the coffee is 😁. All by myself, of course. Hopefully there will be some dedicated  coffee drinkers who will greet me.

Mac