Carnival Glory - LIVE - Aug 25-Sep 1 - NOLA - Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Saint Greg

Got to the late night comedy less than 10 mins before showtime. The only two person spots I could see open were the couches where your feet get stepped on and rolled over by strollers. 

I hit the bar. Another problem with this low bar is there are only a few decent seats. The others you either have a pole blocking your view of the microphone or you’re in danger of someone coming in late and standing in front of you. As seen here.

A69E56E5-D9DF-411F-B11D-07BC349BF37B.jpeg

C01E0B25-A5D0-4F63-97C8-54571832C7E8.jpeg

7A0A5F28-0EE5-4232-8B3B-F225BD123B7B.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg

I got a little lucky. I was in the pole seat and the guy next to me left while I was distracted typing. A couple comes up and is about to be

split by me. I’m more concerned about the guy taking the good seat. I say “oh I’ll move down for you.” The guy is like “you sure man?” “Yeah no problem. You can’t see anything in that seat anyway.”

On 8/23/2019 at 5:01 PM, Saint Greg said:

Welcome to Lee Circle..or Leeless Circle. The statue of Robert E. Lee that once stood on that pedestal was a casualty of the war on confederate monuments a couple years ago. A total of four statues were removed from around New Orleans.

529B7C07-CC6B-4928-996B-320FE65476B3.jpeg

That also pisses me off.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Anyone know why they have hooks in the elevators? Is this to hang our coats on for the 10 seconds we’re in the elevator...on a ship....in the Caribbean?

80896950-0C0E-4D62-A7B6-DD71476F7084.jpeg

8FAEED66-352F-4086-97FB-449EF4D489CE.jpeg

I believe they hang mats on those hooks when they are loading luggage for delivery on embarkation and on the last night when they’re taking luggage down, so the elevators don’t get all banged up, and maybe to muffle the noise.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, mama_2_boys said:

Yesss! So excited for this review! We are doing the same ship and itinerary in October. If you happen to remember would you see how loud Club O2 is when walking by late night one night? Our cabin is directly above and I'm nervous about the noise. Thanks and have an excellent trip! I'll be here reading daily!

When I walked by at 7 there was a sign saying it was closed. I walked by a couple times between 8-9:30 and there were about 50 kids crowded around the dance floor but the music was so low I wouldn’t have noticed it had i not been looking for it. I went by at 10:45 and all of that was shut down. Looked like two kids hanging out in the back. No music.

50 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

What about this? More good, less good, as good?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S7eCrnLRdoFrexnFgX8eIVXOk7OsRaZr/view?usp=drivesd

This probably looks the best but still like the 2nd better bc don't have to click on a link. 

just realized you can make it larger so it is probably better than the 2nd for that reason

Edited by canes20

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

When I walked by at 7 there was a sign saying it was closed. I walked by a couple times between 8-9:30 and there were about 50 kids crowded around the dance floor but the music was so low I wouldn’t have noticed it had i not been looking for it. I went by at 10:45 and all of that was shut down. Looked like two kids hanging out in the back. No music.

Thank you! I think some nights they have late night music but if it's not nightly I can deal with that. 

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The absinthe drip. They use the same contraption at the olde absinthe house I covered in New Orleans. I was going to try to catch that on video but nobody ordered absinthe while I was there. This is the first time I’ve seen them do it at the alchemy.

https://www.behindthebar.com/blog/how-to-perform-a-traditional-absinthe-drip/

~That's~ cool.

On 8/23/2019 at 5:01 PM, Saint Greg said:

Welcome to Lee Circle..or Leeless Circle. The statue of Robert E. Lee that once stood on that pedestal was a casualty of the war on confederate monuments a couple years ago. A total of four statues were removed from around New Orleans.

529B7C07-CC6B-4928-996B-320FE65476B3.jpeg

In New Orleans we now call it "Pee" Circle...It's where all the Porta-Potty boxes are stationed for Mardi Gras parades!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Anyone know why they have hooks in the elevators? Is this to hang our coats on for the 10 seconds we’re in the elevator...on a ship....in the Caribbean?

80896950-0C0E-4D62-A7B6-DD71476F7084.jpeg

8FAEED66-352F-4086-97FB-449EF4D489CE.jpeg

Not sure if someone answered this but I thought I'd jump in- it's to allow them to hang padded wall coverings when they're moving the luggage racks in and out, to avoid the walls from getting banged up. It's the same thing you'll see in other buildings like apartments, where they have an elevator that is temporarily being used by movers....

• Like 3