Speciality Dining

Cruzin Grandma

18 minutes ago, Cruzin Grandma said:

I will probably have to get a definite answer once on board but I thought I’d ask here for your thoughts.  We have 4 specialty dining “credits”.  Do you think they will allow us to trade for one Ultimate Balcony Dining package? 

I am sure it would have to be dollar for dollar exchange,but best to call Princess and  or wait til you get onboard.

Balcony dinner is $100./ for 2 people.

Balcony Breakfast  is $45. For 2 people.

I believe specialty dining is $29./ person.

Doesn’t hurt to ask if its possible to do.

It all depends. We too got a balcony breakfast as part of a suite upsell. As we would prefer to have breakfast at Sabatini’s, we had no need of the suite breakfast, so when DINE called to ask what day we wanted breakfast, we said that we didn’t really need it. They said that they would send someone along to pick up the voucher and we would receive a $45 cabin credit that would appear within 24 hrs. When the credit didn’t appear on our folio within that time frame, I went to the passenger service desk. They informed me that as it was given to us “free” (even though we had to pay for the upgrade), no cabin credit would be forthcoming. I asked them to deliver the half bottle of champagne that was part of the breakfast instead then. It showed up about 30 mins later. 

I believe it depends primarily on the source of the specialty dining credit, but it is not consistent from ship to ship. I have received nonrefundable OBC in some cases but not in others. Calling Princess in advance would be absolutely worthless - they may give you an answer but it won't mean anything on the ship. When I have received a refund in OBC, I've always done it by taking the voucher to Passenger Services and asking there.

14 hours ago, polmcs said:

It all depends. We too got a balcony breakfast as part of a suite upsell. As we would prefer to have breakfast at Sabatini’s, we had no need of the suite breakfast, so when DINE called to ask what day we wanted breakfast, we said that we didn’t really need it. They said that they would send someone along to pick up the voucher and we would receive a $45 cabin credit that would appear within 24 hrs. When the credit didn’t appear on our folio within that time frame, I went to the passenger service desk. They informed me that as it was given to us “free” (even though we had to pay for the upgrade), no cabin credit would be forthcoming. I asked them to deliver the half bottle of champagne that was part of the breakfast instead then. It showed up about 30 mins later. 

same with us - no way to pay the difference for the upgrade to UBD ... we took the breakfast - was actually  lot nicer than we had remembered from a previous perk when we had it

but, yeah ... seems strange as a perk with Sabatini's breakfast included ... which we really enjoyed also