Is there still a Captains Club Lounge on the Summit after the refurbishment.

DJLDRUMS

A question that most Celebrity Elite and Elite+ members should be able to answer that have sailed after the refurbishment. Where is the location of the Captains Club Lounge for the Elite and Elite+ members to be able to sit and have beverages and "pickies" from 5:00-8:00pm.

If, on a particular sailing and the Captains Club Lounge is full, do they use an overflow area or lounge similar to what Royal does on most of their ships? 

I know there's a daily three drink load on our sail cards, but would be interested in knowing if the Lounge is still available with the waitstaff as has been in past practice.

Thanks in advance to those who reply !

For the time being, the Sky Lounge is still the main meeting place for the Elite Happy Hour until they replace it with suites at a later refurb.  On our cruise in June there were just a few people there at 5:00 so we went down to the Rendezvous Lounge Bar.

You may be confusing Celebrity with Royal. The happy hour drinks are available from 5 to 7 only (unlike the more extended hours on Royal).  There is still a venue for elites to gather for drinks and appetizers (I forget what it's called on Summit but it's Deck 11 forward, I think.) In addition, you can have your elite drinks at any bar (not in the dining room) from 5 to 7 from the same limited menu. They have removed the three drink limit, so you can have as many as you like when you show your card.

4 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

You may be confusing Celebrity with Royal. The happy hour drinks are available from 5 to 7 only (unlike the more extended hours on Royal).  There is still a venue for elites to gather for drinks and appetizers (I forget what it's called on Summit but it's Deck 11 forward, I think.) In addition, you can have your elite drinks at any bar (not in the dining room) from 5 to 7 from the same limited menu. They have removed the three drink limit, so you can have as many as you like when you show your card.

Happy Hour is held in Sky Lounge on the Summit.

Edited by bkbarrym

"A question that most Celebrity Elite and Elite+ members should be able to answer that have sailed after the refurbishment. Where is the location of the Captains Club Lounge for the Elite and Elite+ members to be able to sit and have beverages and "pickies" from 5:00-8:00pm."

There never was a dedicated Captain's Club Lounge on Celebrity.  They take over one of the public lounges, the Sky Lounge, and it is from 5-7, not 5-8.  

I think you have confused how Royal and Celebrity handle their loyalty parties.  Royal has a dedicated space, available all day long, starting with coffees and continental breakfast.  Celebrity uses one of the specialty restaurants for its loyalty continental breakfast with the overflow sometimes going to a second specialty restaurant. 

9 hours ago, late2cruisin said:

Just to be clear, we can now go to any bar from 5-7 and get unlimited drinks (that are on the "elite happy hour" menu)?

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Yes. The only bar excluded is the WCB. 

DaveKathy thanks for your input on my post. We've been away from Celebrity for quite a few years while concentrating on achieving D+ status on Royal. Now, some of Celebrity's deals are great if you know where to look for them. Now, if you would , where and what is the WCB bar? 

38 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

DaveKathy thanks for your input on my post. We've been away from Celebrity for quite a few years while concentrating on achieving D+ status on Royal. Now, some of Celebrity's deals are great if you know where to look for them. Now, if you would , where and what is the WCB bar? 

WCB = World Class Bar. I don't believe the Summit has a WCB on her. 

Edited by davekathy

7 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Just an FYI, Cruisestitch is correct but to answer your question, there has never been a Captains Club lounge on any Celebrity ship. 

Sorry to date myself.. with a walk down memory lane

Yes there was a Cap Club lounge in Michaels for Elite "lite breakfast",  and a  pm get together  with drinks and snacks in Michaels for a long time on M and S Class ships...til they took the space away!   We still miss it and have finally booked a suite on Constellation to get back in!   Hope it is still nice.   The numbers of Elite  now could never fit once upon a time it was a great spot!

There was also a very nice Diamond Lounge on Royal C ships (Radiance Class).. it was a nice cozy place with bagels, snacks, magazines and a Concierge on duty. It  too was taken away for a suite lounge...a few yrs ago, we enjoyed the Diamond breakfast lounge and evening cocktail party on Oasis..,,one of the few plusses for that vessel.

I expect on Summit the nightly Cap Club will be upstairs or on ones card????   On EDGE they had a set spot to gather ( most times at the CLUB) or a  gen bar option. we did not go so not really sure,

Edited by hcat

Good point you brought up hcat that leads me to my next question. During the 5-7 free drinks in the Sky Lounge or wherever its held do they bring out a sampling of hot and cold hoer d'oeuvres such as what Royal does ? thanks in advance.

11 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Good point you brought up hcat that leads me to my next question. During the 5-7 free drinks in the Sky Lounge or wherever its held do they bring out a sampling of hot and cold hoer d'oeuvres such as what Royal does ? thanks in advance.

No hors d'oeuvres in the other bars. Sky lounge has some passed hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, but nothing like the nice spread they have on Royal in the Diamond Lounge.

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

WCB = World Class Bar. I don't believe the Summit has a WCB on her. 

World Class Bar is only on the Solstice Class ships (it replaced the Molecular bar of years ago). There's no WCB on the 4 Millennium Class ships.

• Thanks 1

Interesting late2cruisin ! Now, when you say have some (passed hot and cold hors d'oeuvres) what do you mean by "some passed" Is this not what they're doing in the Sky Lounge for their elite and Elite + guests right now?

Got to say, Royal did manage to put on a really nice spread for their members.

3 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

No hors d'oeuvres in the other bars. Sky lounge has some passed hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, but nothing like the nice spread they have on Royal in the Diamond Lounge.

Yup...I agree. 

The mini buffet in the Cocktail lounge on Oasis  was so awesome, we enjoyed that more than going to the mdr some nights!

X is not the same but some goodies,  on special event night like the Cap Club parties...there will be more and better goodies and music,  Nice party.

4 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

Interesting late2cruisin ! Now, when you say have some (passed hot and cold hors d'oeuvres) what do you mean by "some passed" Is this not what they're doing in the Sky Lounge for their elite and Elite + guests right now?

Got to say, Royal did manage to put on a really nice spread for their members.

Yes, Celebrity is doing what they've done for years in the Sky Lounge for Elite Happy Hour. The servers come around occasionally with hors d'oeuvres on a tray. IMHO, they are not terribly good and rather repetitive, so I'm never tempted to ruin my dinner by having them (unlike the spread on Royal or the tapas they serve on Azamara, which do tempt me...)

5 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

Can you get bottle water at the bars and in the lounge for elite members?  If so, what kind of water is it?  Spring or purified?

I was just on the summit. When we got water which was every night, we received spring water, not Avian which is the premium package water. Some night very hard to find the premium water on the ship. They save it for the dr. Large bottles are not an option at cc happy hour. 

"Yes there was a Cap Club lounge in Michaels for Elite "lite breakfast",  and a  pm get together  with drinks and snacks in Michaels"

But it really is no different than now -- they are using an otherwise public space for the drinks -- meaning that the Sky Lounge is open to all except during the Captain's Club event, and Michaels' Club was open to all except during the Captain's Club event.  There never has been a dedicated Elite Lounge as there is a Diamond Lounge on Royal, one that is open all day, and that entrance is restricted all day.