Changes coming to Freedom

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

We didn't care for Freedoms CL anyway. DL was much nicer (but the DLC for both legs of that cruise was the worst. The bar staff was great and that's all that really matters). That's how the whole conversation started with the LA as we told her we didn't like the CL location. I guess time will tell. If it doesn't happen, then I guess I started one hell of a rumor. 😜 Hell, it's almost 2020!!! Man, how time flies when your retired and having a blast. 🍺

Totally agree there.  We preferred the DL to the CL on Freedom. Nice airy room, floor to ceiling windows, good layout.  The CL was like a dark closet for sure.  But we did use it for morning coffee and after dinner drinks at times.  Of course now you have to be in full suite or Pinnie to use alternate lounge (SL).  And further to drag my butt up for coffee in the morning.  😉  Back up plan for broken coffee machine was a plus with choice of two lounges.  

Agree...love this retired life.  And yes...time flies when you are Royal DS and enjoying the good life!  😄 🍷

14 hours ago, fletch1027 said:

We love FOS and the Oasis class! In my experience (in regards to Caribbean ports), the only ports Oasis doesn’t do is tender ports (like Grand Cayman).

Oasis class ships were not designed to tender.  And you will notice 90% of the time, they dock up on the Starboard side which they are also designed for.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

And you will notice 90% of the time, they dock up on the Starboard side which they are also designed for.  

Oh, that's why I always had a port view on my Harmony cruise!

That's also why the elevators were angled to face the starboard side.

Edited by jbethel11
Typographical errors
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, dada2199cc said:

Super disappointed that Hooked wasn’t mentioned.  We love Hooked so much and heard rumors they were replacing Sabor with it on Freedom.

boo!

I think the way it will work is that Izumi will replace Sabor down by Schooner Bar and Sabor will be "replaced" by the Mexican walk up area by the pool deck...

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, MalteseMama2 said:

I just watched the video about the changes planned for FOS. Looks pretty good to me. All I can say is I hope there are no further delays in finishing her as we are scheduled for the first cruise after her upgrade. I hadn’t scheduled to be on the first voyage because I didn’t want to worry about being canceled. But now she is already delayed up to our cruise. 

Thank you so much for this video.  I sail on FOS March 22, 2020.  I have a lot to look forward to - my first time sailing as a Diamond member and accessing the Diamond Lounge and experiencing the new features on the ship!   :classic_biggrin:

Edited by laedw
typo
  • Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:58 AM, island lady said:

Thanks for the link!  Hope you have a great cruise.  We are not back on Freedom until Jan. 2021.  Was curious if they are pulling out the CL on deck 10 (replacing with inside cabins) and putting in SL...like other sister ships and Voyager ships.  The deck plans after May 2020 don't show that change.  

Hope you come back and post a review!   How are your babies doing?  🙂 

We were on Liberty in March and loved the SL. I hope they do the same on Freedom- lots of windows and even an outdoor space. 

Our babies are great, but the older one is starting to show her age. ☹️  How are you and Bucky?

2 hours ago, laedw said:

Thank you so much for this video.  I sail on FOS March 22, 2020.  I have a lot to look forward to - my first time sailing as a Diamond member and accessing the Diamond Lounge and experiencing the new features on the ship!   :classic_biggrin:

We love Freedom. This will be our 6th time on her. DH & I are excited to see the changes. 

I hope one you have a great time!

• Like 1

On August 21, 2019 at 1:43 PM, BillOh said:

So the rumors of more new cabins in the Windjammer are not validated?

The "sweet suite "concept with expansive windows and 24hr desserts courtesy of WJ .

This is gold Jerry pure Gold!

13 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We were on Liberty in March and loved the SL. I hope they do the same on Freedom- lots of windows and even an outdoor space. 

Our babies are great, but the older one is starting to show her age. ☹️  How are you and Bucky?

On Mariner, I actually like the DL over the SL...seemed like a better seating arrangement...but that's just me.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the lounges (if at all) on Freedom..SL yah or nah....by the time we board Jan. 2021.  

Bucky and I are spending the summer up here in Maine...but sadly our beloved Katie was taken by the demon cancer this last spring.  So tough to be up here without her little face staring at me as I type.  😞  Happy to hear your babies are doing well.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

I will be on FOS for the 4/19 sailing and it has always been scheduled to dock in St. Maarten.  We've been booked since May 2018.  I can't wait.  I think I am the only one that feels a bit meh about these updates though.  I was on FOS May 2017 and loved the ship back then.  Hopefully once we board, the updates will be a little more exciting to me.  I was in a full arm cast so surely I will enjoy her more this time around.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:53 AM, island lady said:

On Mariner, I actually like the DL over the SL...seemed like a better seating arrangement...but that's just me.

Will be interesting to see what they do with the lounges (if at all) on Freedom..SL yah or nah....by the time we board Jan. 2021.  

Bucky and I are spending the summer up here in Maine...but sadly our beloved Katie was taken by the demon cancer this last spring.  So tough to be up here without her little face staring at me as I type.  😞  Happy to hear your babies are doing well.  🙂 

I’m sorry to hear about Katie. 🙁 Our pets become such a presence in our lives and are really missed when they are gone. 

John has been working hard this summer. I took a week to go to Mass for a cousin’s wedding. We are both looking forward to our Dec cruise on Harmony. 

19 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Haven't been on the Freedom just the Liberty , but will be with the daughter in March, her first Freedom Class should be a wonderful cruise. Island lady sorry to hear about your losing Katie we said goodbye to our beloved Marmy   a few years ago and still miss him. 

They never actually leave us...permanent paw prints on our hearts.  🥰

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

I’m sorry to hear about Katie. 🙁 Our pets become such a presence in our lives and are really missed when they are gone. 

John has been working hard this summer. I took a week to go to Mass for a cousin’s wedding. We are both looking forward to our Dec cruise on Harmony. 

Thanks.  It is never easy.  Indeed they are such a huge part of our lives.  They give you so much unconditional love, and ask nothing in return.  Was hardest still since this was our last pet and leaves us without a fur baby to snuzzle.  

I have since added additional cruises, since Bucky has been wanting to do longer trips...added another leg onto our next Freedom cruise.  Will be interesting to see the changes, as it was actually quite impressive what they did to Mariner.  

I was on the Freedom some years ago in a ocean view balcony room and really liked the ship. However, since losing my husband three years ago, I now travel with my adult daughter and a cousin of mine. The three of us sailed on the Allure OTS in 2017 and shared a Grand Suite. It had LOTS of room and storage for the three of us and we fell in love with the perks that go with staying in a suite; especially the Suites Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. Those areas on the Allure appear to be located in what used to be the Viking Crown Lounge.

Now, we are considering a southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on the Freedom for the summer of 2020. So, we will be looking at booking a Grand Suite, again, to comfortably accommodate the three of us. Hearing about the upcoming dry dock upgrades to the Freedom, we are hoping that the current VCL will be converted to a SL and CK. Any information on that sort of change coming to Freedom with these upgrades?

Thanks for any information.

Phyllis in GA

Edited by sushigirl53

2 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Our Marmy ( kitty ) has a place outside my bedroom window and keep a special photo of him. 

We used to cruise with multiple pictures of our two fur babies.  Lost first one two years ago, and then my special "Momma's girl" just this last spring, both to cancer, which seems to be all too common of a heart break with older cats. Since we are without pets right now, we have decided to do these longer cruises.  I still miss them terribly.