Happy Hour?

clalieb1

We are going on the Coral in October and I was wondering if Princess has a happy hour? We were on Oceania recently and they had several and actually one night offered free drinks to all for 2 hours! If not what is the charge for a glass of wine?

• Haha 1

I never buy the drink package. It would be a waste of money for me. House wine is just fine by me! Disappointing that they don't have a happy hour..but whatever I'll make it work! Cabernet is my drink of choice.

Edited by clalieb1

7 minutes ago, clalieb1 said:

I never buy the drink package. It would be a waste of money for me. House wine is just fine by me! Disappointing that they don't have a happy hour..but whatever I'll make it work! Cabernet is my drink of choice.

bring your 1 bottle per adult in the cabin, bottle of wine to be consumed in your cabin, without corkage ...

3 minutes ago, denmarks said:

The closest thing to a happy hour is the Platinum and Elite lounge before dinner where there are snacks and a few drinks at a lower price.

The drinks available at a lower price ($6.50) are all cocktails and not too many of those.

If one is a wine drinker and you favor a particular label/type, the most cost effective thing  to do is to buy a bottle of wine and have the bartender pour it when you want a glass rather than paying for wine by the glass.  The bartender will store the bottle at that bar for you.

Did not ask on Coral Princess if my bottle was stored at Crooner's and I was in the Explorer's Lounge if the Steward would go and obtain my wine.  On HAL ships, the Stewards will do this and I imagine that this could be done on a Princess vessel as well.  (Just my opinion, but if one makes such a request, I think it is appropriate for a small gratuity be given to the Steward who is the "runner".  After all, he/she is receiving no gratuity on an already purchased bottle of wine.)

3 hours ago, clalieb1 said:

We are going on the Coral in October and I was wondering if Princess has a happy hour? We were on Oceania recently and they had several and actually one night offered free drinks to all for 2 hours! If not what is the charge for a glass of wine?

No Mas.

Nothing is really free.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we don't have drink package, we will often buy a bottle in the dining room and ask for it to be saved for later use. While we have always consumed those bottles in the MDR, I have seen other cruisers request a glass from their bottle from the dining room. Someone from the bar goes to get it for them.

On our Royal Princess cruise last fall, they surprisingly had a free happy hour one evening in the Piazza. There was an inconspicuous notice in the Patter that day. I'm sure more people would have shown up if they had known about it.