Hurricane Dorian talk

4 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

So since they are issuing fcc which expire in a year, will travel insurance reimburse us the cost of the cruise. 

That is a question for your insurance company.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Anyone have any news on Empress? We are sitting in Cozumel overnight. We are suppose to return Sunday, but after seeing the Allure/Harmony changes, I don't believe we are returning either.

We’re supposed to be getting on Empress 9/1 and no news yet! Doesn’t seem promising 😩

I'm a little surprised they said Wed when so far the local weather guys on the 11pm news have said we might not be clear of it until Thursday. They didn't specify wind speed so maybe the forecast is for it to breakdown enough that it's just a lot of rain Wed but not much wind? 

Just updated

Empress 8/24/19 Sailing

We’re extending this sailing and will return on Wednesday, 9/4/19. We have added a visit to Roatan on 8/31/19. We’ll then have two sea days and visit Nassau on 9/3/19, before returning to Miami on 09/04/19.

DATES DAY ORIGINAL ITINERARY REVISED
ITINERARY
8/24 Saturday Miami, Florida Miami, Florida
8/25 Sunday Key West, Florida Key West, Florida
8/26 Monday Cruising Cruising
8/27 Tuesday Costa Maya, Mexico Costa Maya, Mexico
8/28 Wednesday Belize City, Belize Belize City, Belize
8/29 Thursday Cozumel, Mexico Cozumel, Mexico
8/30 Friday Cozumel, Mexico Cozumel, Mexico
8/31 Saturday Cruising Roatan, Honduras
9/01 Sunday Miami, Florida Cruising
9/02 Monday - Cruising
9/03 Tuesday - Nassau, Bahamas
9/04 Wednesday - Miami, Florida

I don't know how many times per minute I refresh their site looking for updates.

Sail Sat 8/31, no update yet but original return was Tuesday. All others are now back Wednesday so I would expect at least that. More important is when they plan on closing Port of Miami and if ship will even sail on Saturday. Board flight tomorrow afternoon and rather not get stuck in Florida for storm with no way back to NY.

In the 10pm update it has Symphony now staying out until next Wednesday but not returning this Saturday 8/31 to pickup/disembark passengers, looks like it is canceled.

Symphony 8/24/19 Sailing

We’ve replaced our visit to CocoCay with Nassau, Bahamas, and extended our sailing.

ITINERARY
8/25 Sunday Cruising Cruising
8/27 Tuesday San Juan, Puerto Rico San Juan, Puerto Rico
8/28 Wednesday Labadee, Haiti Labadee, Haiti
8/29 Thursday Cruising Cruising
8/30 Friday Nassau, Bahamas Nassau, Bahamas
8/31 Saturday Miami, Florida Cruising
9/01 Sunday - Cruising
9/02 Monday - Cozumel, Mexico
9/03 Tuesday - Cruising

7 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Just updated

Empress 8/24/19 Sailing

We’re extending this sailing and will return on Wednesday, 9/4/19. We have added a visit to Roatan on 8/31/19. We’ll then have two sea days and visit Nassau on 9/3/19, before returning to Miami on 09/04/19.

ITINERARY
8/25 Sunday Key West, Florida Key West, Florida
8/27 Tuesday Costa Maya, Mexico Costa Maya, Mexico
8/28 Wednesday Belize City, Belize Belize City, Belize
8/29 Thursday Cozumel, Mexico Cozumel, Mexico
8/30 Friday Cozumel, Mexico Cozumel, Mexico
8/31 Saturday Cruising Roatan, Honduras
9/01 Sunday Miami, Florida Cruising
9/02 Monday - Cruising
9/03 Tuesday - Nassau, Bahamas

How is mom doing?

Ugh, this is disappointing news for 9/1 Empress! Does anyone know if RCI will pay for the extra nights of hotel in Miami? If our flight isn’t canceled, we’re arriving Saturday evening from Seattle and have just that night of hotel booked. We can’t change the flight/ hotel either because we’re cheapos who settled for the lowest $ non-refundable options! 🤣

6 minutes ago, May26 said:

Ugh, this is disappointing news for 9/1 Empress! Does anyone know if RCI will pay for the extra nights of hotel in Miami? If our flight isn’t canceled, we’re arriving Saturday evening from Seattle and have just that night of hotel booked. We can’t change the flight/ hotel either because we’re cheapos who settled for the lowest $ non-refundable options! 🤣

Which airline? Most (all?) are letting you reschedule flights for no fee regardless of purchased fare. I don't see royal paying for your hotel, travel insurance might. But I would reschedule the flight if I were you. I would not want to ride this out in a hotel if I could help it - especially since one of the models have it going further south. 

I say this as a central Florida native that isn't leaving her place, though I'm further in than John 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Which airline? Most (all?) are letting you reschedule flights for no fee regardless of purchased fare. I don't see royal paying for your hotel, travel insurance might. But I would reschedule the flight if I were you. I would not want to ride this out in a hotel if I could help it - especially since one of the models have it going further south. 

I say this as a central Florida native that isn't leaving her place, though I'm further in than John 😉

Thanks for your thoughts! We bought the super saver fare from Alaska, and they’re not allowing “free” changes unless you’re scheduled for 9/1 or 9/2, and ours is on 8/31. We’re not sure what we’re going to do yet, but will keep monitoring the developments!

• Like 1

It certainly appears the August 31st sailing of the Symphony of the Seas is canceled being the current cruise won't return until September 4th, but we got NO notification.  There are 51 of us going, some supposed to leave Friday morning, others already there... I think it is really unfair to show the current cruise altered itinerary and not notify us that we are canceled and allow folks to get on planes for no reason. I just can't comprehend this.  Of course reservations is closed.  UGH.  Safety is a priority, but so is alerting folks their cruise is canceled. 

1 minute ago, dodge9 said:

It certainly appears the August 31st sailing of the Symphony of the Seas is canceled being the current cruise won't return until September 4th, but we got NO notification.  There are 51 of us going, some supposed to leave Friday morning, others already there... I think it is really unfair to show the current cruise altered itinerary and not notify us that we are canceled and allow folks to get on planes for no reason. I just can't comprehend this.  Of course reservations is closed.  UGH.  Safety is a priority, but so is alerting folks their cruise is canceled. 

Is your cruise cancelled, or only shortened?