Ultimate World Cruise 245 days and all the parts. Ongoing review, questions, opinion

Jim Avery

2 hours ago, NY Nick said:

Not a lot of fun. What was the issue?

I Was told a "cardiac event".  Must be serious to medievac over stabilization and offload this am in San Diego.  Dont have any names of course.  Pulling into San Diego as we speak.  😎

Hey Nick, love the shirt.😎

Awaiting our early am face to face with THE MAN to get our Passports back, I need to catch up a bit.  Cabo had 4 ships anchored off the port (no docking in Cabo) when we were there.  A combined passenger load of 10,000+.  Not counting all the crew going ashore too.  In reality it was very crowded but not total gridlock as feared.  Viking tendering continues to be among the best and once ashore it spreads for miles so a certain amount of dispersion took off quickly.  We had absolutely perfect weather which always helps.  No problem getting into our favorite Taco & Margarita place, Captain Tony's.  In fact ran into several of our favorite crew there having some well earned fun.  They headed off to the beach and we headed off to find the perfect quesadilla.  A cerveza at Cabo Wabo, among other places, some junk shopping, a bit more food sampling, and before you know it it is time to head back.  Again, amazingly, all the hordes of passengers and crew seemed to have a good time and find their own way.  We have always enjoyed Cabo.  Now it is off to play in San Diego as soon as we pass muster.......😳

On 12/23/2019 at 6:47 AM, NY Nick said:

“Kiss the fish”, a walk in the park compared to my crossover during my Navy days. USS Kitty Hawk, CV-63, July ‘81. Golden Dragon soon thereafter.

Looking forward to another crossing 38 years later. 

F1948DFC-46B5-4F92-BDFA-DB2B90D39945.jpeg

7507F722-0073-45B5-A5BF-5327348ADD16.jpeg

Oh, my.  The “Shi*ty Kitty”.  

9 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I Was told a "cardiac event".  Must be serious to medievac over stabilization and offload this am in San Diego.  Dont have any names of course.  Pulling into San Diego as we speak.  😎

Currently sitting in the Crowne Plaza and have a great view of the harbour from the room. Will watch you sailing in tomorrow morning.

When is the ETA?

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Currently sitting in the Crowne Plaza and have a great view of the harbour from the room. Will watch you sailing in tomorrow morning.

When is the ETA?

Published arrival at berth is 0800. Usually a bit early. What is it 90 miles from San Diego?🍺🍺🍺🍺

We hit Fiippis Pizza Grotto in Little Italy the weekend before Thanksgiving.  That was a lot of great food for the money.  Plus the table next to me gave us a carafe of wine they couldn't finish.  It was a good time!

Safely tucked in across from Evergreen container ship and packing.😱 Suddenly the band has stopped playing. Safe travels to departing passengers and crew and welcome to all the new World Cruisers.  More later after meeting Andy and pals.🍺🍺🍺

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

Safely tucked in across from Evergreen container ship and packing.😱 Suddenly the band has stopped playing. Safe travels to departing passengers and crew and welcome to all the new World Cruisers.  More later after meeting Andy and pals.🍺🍺🍺

Just back at the hotel after a walk up town and a cup of tea. Heading over to the W&A shortly.🍻

15 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Just back at the hotel after a walk up town and a cup of tea. Heading over to the W&A shortly.🍻

Haha, just pulled into the W&A parking lot. Wearing my best Hog Penny Pub t shirt. See y’all soon 

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

“The party’s over, turn out the lights, turn out the lights”....

Jim, you passing by San Clemente on your way home?  Stop in and have one for the road (well, one coffee anyway...).