Ultimate World Cruise 245 days and all the parts. Ongoing review, questions, opinion

Jim Avery

On 11/28/2019 at 7:02 PM, OnTheJourney said:

I suspect we're talking about two different cruises. The one I'm referring to is a non-public sailing. 1/18/21 Rome to Barcelona. The March Sky guests were extended an invitation on it from Mr. Hagen following the 3/23 incident. I assume, then, that you're booked on the 1/26 Iberian Explorer (Barcelona to London)? That could probably be considered as the "inaugural sailing". Sorry for any confusion. What I tend to think of as the inaugural trip is the one the Sky guests were offered. 

When we talked with Hamed (on the Sun), he said that (re: The Venus), he thought the first sailing would be a short run with (normally) just Viking personnel, and the Barcelona to Londone would be the first “real cruise”. 
we assumed The Sky people would be on our sailing. We are THRILLED to hear that your sailing will be with all the Viking higher ups”. You all deserve that “red carpet” experience.  Bravo Viking!-Jeannette😌

On 11/28/2019 at 7:02 PM, OnTheJourney said:

I suspect we're talking about two different cruises. The one I'm referring to is a non-public sailing. 1/18/21 Rome to Barcelona. The March Sky guests were extended an invitation on it from Mr. Hagen following the 3/23 incident. I assume, then, that you're booked on the 1/26 Iberian Explorer (Barcelona to London)? That could probably be considered as the "inaugural sailing". Sorry for any confusion. What I tend to think of as the inaugural trip is the one the Sky guests were offered. 

Edited by Jukebo1x
  • Like 1

A rainy, chilly day in Punta Arenas. (This is almost summer?) Lots of beautiful Colonial era buildings and a lovely central park with some of the best looking trees and a statue of Ferdinand Magellan. But it is Sunday. The majority of the shopping and restaurants are closed. This has happened before, Sunday is not the best day to visit.  Still nice to get off the ship and walkabout.

A037910F-081F-490B-8CEB-2AF087F7B984.jpeg

8A65BB64-89A3-4E83-8C53-5A07882763EA.jpeg

731652D3-3B42-4884-A6EA-B61A99952D59.jpeg

• Like 2

A rainy and chilly sea day and another sea day tomorrow. Cruising the Chilean fijords so there’s a view. Around 3:30 this afternoon we are due to be at another glacier. One plus with the sea days is Viking puts on special food events. Today there are several soups and a selection of sandwiches on the Pool Deck. Good stuff. Also, Christmas decorations are going up. Great looking stuff so far. When it is all up there will be plenty of pictures posted.🎄☃️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

A rainy and chilly sea day and another sea day tomorrow. Cruising the Chilean fijords so there’s a view. Around 3:30 this afternoon we are due to be at another glacier. One plus with the sea days is Viking puts on special food events. Today there are several soups and a selection of sandwiches on the Pool Deck. Good stuff. Also, Christmas decorations are going up. Great looking stuff so far. When it is all up there will be plenty of pictures posted.🎄☃️

Soup &sandwiches sounds like terrific comfort food. .
cant wait to see the decorations. I’ll bet they will be stunning. -Jeannette😌 

For a change we have a beautiful, sunny, flat calm sea day.  It is warming up nicely the further North we get.  I for one have had enough snow capped peaks and glaciers.  Haha, be careful what I ask for, right?  Tomorrow, at Puerto Montt, it is supposed to be warmer but rainy.  And we are riding horses. 😱  But then, the weather changes often in this part of the world.  Today the fabulous Viking crew put on a brunch on the pool deck.  That really does not begin to describe the feast put out for us.  The work they went to was amazing.  I will probably forget some part of it but there was a Beef and Sea  (surf and turf?) station, a taco station, caviar with the trimmings, an ice cream bar with lots of toppings, an omelet station, pasta station, melon assortment, breads display, a donut display, other desserts, shrimp and crab displays, Prosciutto and anti pasta station, sushi station, cheeses, all washed down with mimosas and bloody marys or whatever else you wanted.  An amazing display.  I saw Tom taking lots of pictures so how about it Tom.....😎  Now, what to do for dinner??🍸

• Like 1

Oh my, did the crew have to drain the pool so that they had enough space for all that food?  Only joking😌
Jim, that sounds delish & FABULOUS!  !  It must have taken quite a while to Plan and then execute.  Kudos to the crew!-Jeannette

3 minutes ago, Jukebo1x said:

Oh my, did the crew have to drain the pool so that they had enough space for all that food?  Only joking😌
Jim, that sounds delish & FABULOUS!  !  It must have taken quite a while to Plan and then execute.  Kudos to the crew!-Jeannette

They filled the pool  with champagne.....  Ok, just kidding but it really was a fantastic spread.  I can only guess at how many people worked so hard on this.  🍸

54 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

They filled the pool  with champagne.....  Ok, just kidding but it really was a fantastic spread.  I can only guess at how many people worked so hard on this.  🍸

😮Hahaha, would not surprise me. 
it all sounded magnificent 😌-Jeannette

2 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

.  ....... An amazing display.  I saw Tom taking lots of pictures so how about it Tom.....😎  ....

That must be my doppelgänger you saw!
I spent 10:00 to 1:30 in the Kitchen Table Cooking Class and only got a muffin at the buffet for a quick breakfast.

I hope someone else got some good photos.

Edited by Tom.in.nc

14 minutes ago, Tom.in.nc said:

I spent 10:00 to 1:30 in the Kitchen Table Cooking Class and only got a muffin at the buffet for a quick breakfast.

Hi Tom,

What is the Chef’s name at the Kitchen table class? I was at his class in past January but when I saw your picture of him, I suddenly forgot his name - shame on me! 🙈

38 minutes ago, vnb2003 said:

Hi Tom,

What is the Chef’s name at the Kitchen table class? I was at his class in past January but when I saw your picture of him, I suddenly forgot his name - shame on me! 🙈

That would be Chef Wayan, a fantastic chef and a wonderful, real, person, who I am pleased to call my friend.

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom.in.nc said:

Haha, your evil twin. 🍸

5 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

For a change we have a beautiful, sunny, flat calm sea day.  It is warming up nicely the further North we get.  I for one have had enough snow capped peaks and glaciers.  Haha, be careful what I ask for, right?  Tomorrow, at Puerto Montt, it is supposed to be warmer but rainy.  And we are riding horses. 😱  But then, the weather changes often in this part of the world.  Today the fabulous Viking crew put on a brunch on the pool deck.  That really does not begin to describe the feast put out for us.  The work they went to was amazing.  I will probably forget some part of it but there was a Beef and Sea  (surf and turf?) station, a taco station, caviar with the trimmings, an ice cream bar with lots of toppings, an omelet station, pasta station, melon assortment, breads display, a donut display, other desserts, shrimp and crab displays, Prosciutto and anti pasta station, sushi station, cheeses, all washed down with mimosas and bloody marys or whatever else you wanted.  An amazing display.  I saw Tom taking lots of pictures so how about it Tom.....😎  Now, what to do for dinner??🍸

OMG!! - after that spread and they still served dinner. Counting the days! 😀🍺