Princess Cruise Credits

anjo

48 minutes ago, anjo said:

Hi Everyone, can someone please tell me what these are and what are they used for. TIA. Anjo

Cruise credits are 'earned' when you book a cruise. The booking of a normal cabin earns each person one credit, but if you book a suite, I understand you earn two credits. If someone books a cabin as a solo (paying 200%) I think they also earn two credits.  When you have sufficient cruise credits, you move up to the next level in the loyalty scheme.

1 hour ago, anjo said:

Hi Everyone, can someone please tell me what these are and what are they used for. TIA. Anjo

Join up to online the Captain's Circle on the Princess website. Even if you haven't cruised with Princess any P&O Australia cruises count as well.

That's how I became Platinum after one Princess cruise.

The main benefits for Platinum level are priority boarding and free internet minutes, and for Elites that plus free laundry and priority tendering.

Thankyou for your replies. So they are just a way of getting  to move up the tiers, but if you cruise more days, rather than the number of cruises, you get to Elite faster? Anjo. I am Elite by cruise days, rather than credits then?

37 minutes ago, anjo said:

Thankyou for your replies. So they are just a way of getting  to move up the tiers, but if you cruise more days, rather than the number of cruises, you get to Elite faster? Anjo. I am Elite by cruise days, rather than credits then?

It is not a count to get to elite  for the loyalty bonus you cont the cruise credits to 21 and then you get obc for each cruise until 31 then you get $50 obc and upwards 

11 hours ago, anjo said:

You can be Elite by cruise days (151+) or by the number of cruises (15+) or cruise credits. For people in our part of the world where most cruises on Princess are 14 days+, we achieve the Elite level with the number of days. For Americans where there are many very short cruises (2 or 3 days), many people reach Elite just by the number of cruises, but theoretically might have less than 50 days cruising.

13 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Join up to online the Captain's Circle on the Princess website. Even if you haven't cruised with Princess any P&O Australia cruises count as well.

That's how I became Platinum after one Princess cruise.

The main benefits for Platinum level are priority boarding and free internet minutes, and for Elites that plus free laundry and priority tendering.

P and O sailings no longer count for Princess

Both P&O UK and Cunard ended the reciprocal agreement a number of years ago, but Princess has continued to honour it until now. The details are: ... P&O Cruises bookings that are booked on or after Wednesday 13 December 2017 will not count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership.Dec 4, 2017

Cheers Carole

2 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

You will notice I said P&O Australia, whose cruises do still count towards Princess cruise credits.

That's the explanation! Thank you. After Elorac's post I wondered why our future P&O Australia cruises show up on our Captain's Circle list of cruises. I didn't read her post carefully enough to see that it said "Both P&O UK and Cunard ...."

3 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

You will notice I said P&O Australia, whose cruises do still count towards Princess cruise credits.

Thanks for the correction Sinbad, sorry if I miss led anyone with my post.

its good news for me as I have a 7 day P and O booked next August that will put me up to the next level for our Northern explorer the following year in March 

Cheers Carole

Edited by Elorac123
Missed something

Aus traveller is correct

In the extreme It is possible to be elite with princess in 6 days. You would need to do 5 one night cruises in a suite on your own

1 credit for cruise

1 credit for solo 

1 credit for suite

x 5 cruises = 15 cruise credits 

Cruise again on day 6 and enjoy your black card benefits. 

There are plenty one day repo cruises between Vancouver and Seattle. Some locals do just that to accumulate cheap credits or top up for a future world cruise where elite status is really handy especially with tender ports and laundry 

Also plenty of two day repo  cruises from Sydney 

This is probably the least enjoyable and mercenary way to get over the line. The reason for the dual qualifier I think might be that 150 cruise days can be difficult to reach if you are not retired or you have a young family so the 15 cruise target is there to keep the demographic balanced.

This allows passengers of working age who probably spend more than the retirees to be motivated by the loyalty programme to cruise more often

win win I figure.

It’s a pity that the bonus OBC doesn’t go off days as well, as we tend to two types of cruises, 7 days or there about to Tasmania or much longer cruises like circumnavigation of Aus, we will be to 200 days way before we get to 20 cruise credits.

Hit Elite on, I think, our 6th or 7th cruise with Princess.

To be totally honest I don’t think much of the benefits of all, much prefer to do our own laundry, Elite lounge doesn’t interest us, get priority boarding now days just by needing a wheelchair (but would swap that in a heartbeat) the mini bar is nice but as non drinkers it all goes to diet coke, as I invariably have a Soda Card anyway it’s only a small convenience.

Too many Elites these days, they reckon 75% of the pax on the last Sea Princess Worldie were Elite, 4 days to get your free laundry back.  Should be a Super Elite status for those over 500 days cruising with Princess, we would be just about there.