Propulsion problems on Grandeur?

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

As my username states, I am a 1975 graduate of "KP", the US Merchant Marine Academy.  I have been sailing as a ship's engineer for the last 44 years, 36 of them as Chief Engineer.  I have served on most major types of ship that ply the oceans:  offshore drilling rigs, drillships, RO/RO ships, container ships, bulk carriers, tankers, and cruise ships.

Are you sure the Grandeur problem isn't the hamsters that run in the perpetual motion cage to generate power weren't fed or were out surfing?  image.png.4164eb5d3456f72429cde874885eff65.png

Pretty sure they are out playing

giphy.gif

Edited by AlanF65
  • Haha 1

Just reviving this thread to ask a few questions.  Refunds were to be credited by 6 pm Friday.  I see nothing yet.  Also, we are supposed to be contacted by Crown and Anchor regarding points.  Anyone been contacted?  I realize that the Royal folks in Miami must be incredibly busy.  Just wondering if the no contact is everyone or just me.  Hope everyone has recovered from our little adventure on Grandeur.  Katherine

Katherine, no refund for us for our cruise fare or excursion purchase. And we have not heard back regarding the limited reimbursement for our necessary  last minute air tickets home. ( email about our air ticket noted that they would contact us by yesterday)    I would really like the credit, so we can pay for the nearly $600 last minute airfare tickets home.    Won’t be using the credit  for  another cruise, but to pay the wasted expenses to get to the cruise and back home.    I called customer service today and was told the cruise and excursion refund would come in a couple of days.  They couldn’t give me any information regarding if and when I would receive the reimbursement for our airfare. 

I was told that we would get NO points because we got a future cruise credit. 

I am am not a happy camper. 

Marci 

26 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Katherine, no refund for us for our cruise fare or excursion purchase. And we have not heard back regarding the limited reimbursement for our necessary  last minute air tickets home. ( email about our air ticket noted that they would contact us by yesterday)    I would really like the credit, so we can pay for the nearly $600 last minute airfare tickets home.    Won’t be using the credit  for  another cruise, but to pay the wasted expenses to get to the cruise and back home.    I called customer service today and was told the cruise and excursion refund would come in a couple of days.  They couldn’t give me any information regarding if and when I would receive the reimbursement for our airfare. 

I was told that we would get NO points because we got a future cruise credit. 

I am am not a happy camper. 

Marci 

I am not surprised that RC is late with the reimbursements with all that is going on in Florida.  I can be ok with that.

But . . . I would like at least one point from Crown and Anchor since I was on the ship over 24 hours (or 2 points since I was solo).  As a previous post of mine stated this trip was to take me to 699 points — Pinnacle for my next trip on 9/14.  You stated you talked to Customer Service — not Crown and Anchor?  The Loyalty Ambassador email, assuming all got that, said that Crown and Anchor would be contacting us about the points for the trip.  Guess it’s a wait and see situation.  Katherine

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

I am not surprised that RC is late with the reimbursements with all that is going on in Florida.  I can be ok with that.

But . . . I would like at least one point from Crown and Anchor since I was on the ship over 24 hours (or 2 points since I was solo).  As a previous post of mine stated this trip was to take me to 699 points — Pinnacle for my next trip on 9/14.  You stated you talked to Customer Service — not Crown and Anchor?  The Loyalty Ambassador email, assuming all got that, said that Crown and Anchor would be contacting us about the points for the trip.  Guess it’s a wait and see situation.  Katherine

I have not received reimbursement either.  I called and was told it will be a few more days.  I did not receive an e-mail from the Loyalty Ambassador.  Did it say anything besides contacting us about the points?  I did talk to her on the ship and she said at that point a decision had not been made on giving any points.  I also believe we should at least get credit for the one day.

23 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

No, the email just stated that C and A would be in touch regarding points.  The LA was wonderful in my opinion.  Very helpful and pleasant to deal with in what must have been a difficult situation.  Katherine 

No e-mail for me yet.  I did get a partial refund of cruise price - they advised it would come in increments because I had a RoyalUP payment involved.  Also have received a refund of the coffee card purchase (although I have the card and can use it on other sailings).

LA was very nice and even gave me my crystal block that was due on that sailing had I earned some points. Will be interesting to see if they try to give me another one on my sailing beginning tomorrow!

Update. 

It appears we got a refund for our excursion. We also got two separate refunds for our cruise fare but the amount is still short of the actual fare. 

Katherine, do you have LA Diane’s email?   I think they use some generic email for loyalty ambassadors and an abbreviation  for the ship but I don’t know what it is. 

I didn’t receive any kind of email from the loyalty ambassador regarding points or any other issue. 

Thanks 

marci 

Edited by cruisegirl1

13 hours ago, lovelife said:

No e-mail for me yet.  I did get a partial refund of cruise price - they advised it would come in increments because I had a RoyalUP payment involved.  Also have received a refund of the coffee card purchase (although I have the card and can use it on other sailings).

LA was very nice and even gave me my crystal block that was due on that sailing had I earned some points. Will be interesting to see if they try to give me another one on my sailing beginning tomorrow!

Yes, unfortunately refunds from Royal come in multiple never the same amounts. Been this way for down payments and canceled Cruises also. Most time was within time said, few took couple extra days get all amounts

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 minute ago, lovelife said:

Finally received complete refund five days after promised date. Does anyone  know if the RCI travel insurance  should be refunded? My sister was told she would  not receive it.

I'd be surprised if the insurance was refunded.  Can't remember anyone reporting that.

• Like 1

Just now, Lady Hudson said:

FYI — Crown and Anchor just told me that everyone is getting two points.  Makes no difference what kind what cabin type or traveling solo.  Happy camper here.  Only needed one point.  Traveling on Saturday.  Katherine 

Is that two points per night?

FYI — Crown and Anchor just told me that everyone is getting two points.  Makes no difference what kind what cabin type or traveling solo.  Happy camper here.  Only needed one point.  Traveling on Saturday.  Katherine 

So will that get you to the new level? If so congrats 

Marci 

Edited by cruisegirl1

No two points total — onboard for me about 32 hours.

Thanks so much for the info on the points.  Did they give you any posting date. 

Today I checked my credits and I now have a total of seven credits, from two cruise payments direct   to Royal Caribbean and one  excursion for the two of us. . Not sure, nor do I care why it is seven credits but the amounts are not adding up yet. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Yes, that will get me to “Pineapple”.  No information on posting of points.  I have gotten 3 credits so far totaling around $125.  Can’t figure it out either.  This doesn’t even cover the taxes and port charges.  But I will be patient knowing that they have a lot of stuff to deal with after the hurricane.  Katherine

Edited by Lady Hudson

1 hour ago, BillHana said:

Anybody know what the actual failure was and what it took to repair? Is it now back to 100% or still in need of dry dock repair soon? We are booked for 12 nighter on Grandeur in March.

I'm on the Adventure and we were in Halifax yesterday with the Grandeur.  Some of her passengers were on my excursion.  They said that the ship seems to be running perfectly.

15 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I'm on the Adventure and we were in Halifax yesterday with the Grandeur.  Some of her passengers were on my excursion.  They said that the ship seems to be running perfectly.

Thanks, Carol, that is good to know.  Hope your trip to Canada is going well.  We will be on approximately the same trip next year on Vision.  Katherine