Breakaway Extended in Cozumel due to Dorian

Heronymous

FYI!

Norwegian Breakaway – September 1, 2019Sailing
Due to Hurricane Dorian in the Caribbean, the departure schedule for the September 1, 2019voyage on Norwegian Breakaway has been revised to accommodate an earlier check-in beginning at 9 a.m. All guests must be at the port by 11 a.m. or sooner, as the United States Coast Guard will be taking all necessary precautions to prepare the port for closure later that day, in advance of the storm.  The ship will sail her original Western Caribbean itinerary.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, graphicguy said:
FYI!

Norwegian Breakaway – September 1, 2019Sailing
Due to Hurricane Dorian in the Caribbean, the departure schedule for the September 1, 2019voyage on Norwegian Breakaway has been revised to accommodate an earlier check-in beginning at 9 a.m. All guests must be at the port by 11 a.m. or sooner, as the United States Coast Guard will be taking all necessary precautions to prepare the port for closure later that day, in advance of the storm.  The ship will sail her original Western Caribbean itinerary.

People on another site are saying that now the cruise is cancelled.  Many saying they personally called NCL.  They said this happened just about 45 minutes after news brief was reported on NCL site.

I can confirm that I called NCL in Miami and they told me that tomorrow's cruise is cancelled. I called up an officer on the ship and they wouldn't tell me anything other than "The captain will announce if there are any changes".  We were supposed to be sailing B2B next week but haven't been told anything about the cancellation yet. I'll respond once I hear the official announcement..

Edited by Heronymous

16 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

So are they extending the current cruise? As of one hour ago the BA was moving at 17 knots toward Miami 

Yes, but no estimate or idea of how long.  All they know is we can't return to port tomorrow to drop off passengers or pick up new ones, so the next cruise is cancelled.  That explains why they weren't telling anyone about the next cruise being cancelled, it didn't only affect those people but everyone currently on-board who now have to cancel their flights and /or hotels but can't book anything new since no one knows when we'll get back to port. Again, it's not NCL's fault since they have no choice as the port of Miami was closed on them. I just wish they stuck with their original plan to extend the stay in Cozumel. I wonder how many days we're talking about until they re-open the port...

2 minutes ago, Heronymous said:

Yes, but no estimate or idea of how long.  All they know is we can't return to port tomorrow to drop off passengers or pick up new ones, so the next cruise is cancelled.  That explains why they weren't telling anyone about the next cruise being cancelled, it didn't only affect those people but everyone currently on-board who now have to cancel their flights and /or hotels but can't book anything new since no one knows when we'll get back to port. Again, it's not NCL's fault since they have no choice as the port of Miami was closed on them. I just wish they stuck with their original plan to extend the stay in Cozumel. I wonder how many days we're talking about until they re-open the port...

Unreal we are trapped,they really dropped the ball on this one...should have cut it a day early .instead they let greed win over giving a crap about people...I can’t wait to go to the desk and ask questions...drink packages??new flights???

4 hours ago, alreadypacked said:

image.png.3bcca6d0d1c1f57f6ae45a54a4a39362.png

Looks like Port of Miami has cancelled their emergency status and is open (and likely will be tomorrow).

Miami, Port Everglades and Port Canaveral have all set Port Condition Yankee. Click on the USCG Marine Safety Information Bulletin for the details, but in a nutshell, no incoming vessels over 500 gross tons allowed for Condition Yankee.

ALERT | HURRICANE DORIAN

AUG. 31, 2019

ALL PORT USERS

PortMiami is open. The Captain of the Port has established Hurricane Port Readiness Condition YANKEE for PortMiami. See attached the USCG Marine Safety Information Bulletin for further information.

Passengers please contact the cruise lines for up to date itinerary information.

Edited by put me on a ship

28 minutes ago, hilomelko said:

Unreal we are trapped,they really dropped the ball on this one...should have cut it a day early .instead they let greed win over giving a crap about people...I can’t wait to go to the desk and ask questions...drink packages??new flights???

The issue is with the port of Miami, not NCL.  The port pulled this stunt after NCL had worked out the arrival and new cruise.  No weather issues in Miami so why is the port of Miami closing?  That is the answer I would like to know.

33 minutes ago, hilomelko said:

Nothing to do with NCL. They only left Cozumel because the US Coast Guard thought the port would be open tomorrow. Then, at noon today, promptly raised hurricane condition from WHISKY to YANKEE (no inbound).

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, JoeTec said:

It doesn't even make sense Miami isn't even in the cone anymore

Maybe not in the cone, but the seas will be impacted and the surge could easily impact the port. It would not take much of a wobble to the southwest to put Miami back dead center of the cone.

Edited by zqvol

If Port of Miami elevated to condition Yankee at noon ET today, why did NCL post an update on their website at 4pm ET today telling passengers of the 9/1 Breakaway sailing that our itinerary had been revised to accommodate an earlier check-in at 9am; that all guests must be at the port by 11am tomorrow?  That's the disconnect that especially frustrates me.  That 4pm website update really screwed me over.

• Like 1