What is the current content of the Elite mini bar set up

4x4bob

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If I might ask as my DW and I only drink wine and bottled water, what items can we swap out for wine and what items can we swap out for water?

You can swap the ENTIRE set up for ONE bottle of wine.

You can trade out any bottle of booze or beer, any can of soda for bottled water ... one for one 

15 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

You can swap the ENTIRE set up for ONE bottle of wine.

You can trade out any bottle of booze or beer, any can of soda for bottled water ... one for one 

I wish I knew that the entire set-up could have been exchanged for a bottle of wine.

Your comment that "you can trade out any bottle of booze....one for one" is true only if the ship has a supply of the small bottles of the liquor you want.  This is based on my August experience on Coral Princess.

3 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I wish I knew that the entire set-up could have been exchanged for a bottle of wine.

Your comment that "you can trade out any bottle of booze....one for one" is true only if the ship has a supply of the small bottles of the liquor you want.  This is based on my August experience on Coral Princess.

But if you wsnt to trade your little bottles of booze for water, which is what I meant, it doesn't matter what is in ship stores, as long as they have water ... my reply had to do with getting water  

The last time I swapped the entire mini bar for a bottle of wine, I was limited to the wine list in the room service menu and there was a max dollar amount, I think around $35 or $40. I asked if I could get a specific wine from the MDR wine list and pay the extra cost but was told “no”. In fact, even if a MDR wine was within the cost limit, swapping for that was still not allowed.

I am hopeful that the room service wine list has been improved now that Princess has revamped the other wine lists as getting 2 coffee packages when I’m the only one who drinks it, just isn’t practical.

2 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

The last time I swapped the entire mini bar for a bottle of wine, I was limited to the wine list in the room service menu and there was a max dollar amount, I think around $35 or $40. I asked if I could get a specific wine from the MDR wine list and pay the extra cost but was told “no”. In fact, even if a MDR wine was within the cost limit, swapping for that was still not allowed.

Just my opinion with which others are likely to disagree, this mini-bar Elite "perk" is much too restrictive to be appreciated by this Princess cruiser.

When I cannot exchange some small bottles of liquor for a Canadian Club or Crown Royal botles because "such is not available" is NOT Elite Guest friendly.  If a small regional jet's galley can provide such small bottles, and the storerooms of a Princess ship cannot?  

We've only done two Elite cruises so far. I'm happy to receive 10 complimentary alcoholic drinks from Princess. I usually drink wine so I've appreciated having something different to try. I'm settling on which couple of mini-bar items I'll favour. My husband just has a couple of beer.  Now that I've earned this perk, I wouldn't want Princess to take it away!

2 hours ago, generichandle said:

If your cruise is actually 2 back-to-back cruises, but bought as one, do you get a set-up for each segment? I am doing 28 days, with a 20-day, and an 8-day segment. Hopeful in all that time for renewal.

I have a 14 days in Oct that can be booked as 2x7 day.  I emailed Captain Circle, they said I would a set up for each segment so 2.