Just a thought for O

ropomo

I know it is tricky to get off the mailing list  but keep trying   & eventually  you will not get all the brochures 😎

Like I said it took two years +  but  I am free of brochures  from O  

I am sure that every part of O's marketing budget has been carefully scrutinized and analyzed for its effectiveness (as have their budgets/expenditures for staff, maintenance, food, etc.) and adjusted as needed. Direct mail simply must work, or they would not be doing so much of it.

Personally, I often explore new cruise possibilities on the web, but I still enjoy getting O's brochures. Sure, I toss some of them immediately, but often I enjoy taking a few minutes to page through them. I may even save some of the larger, more comprehensive ones for future reference. Sometimes, it's easier to compare printed pages for different cruises than to try and do it on O's website.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Azamara and Regent are just as bad.  Such a waste of paper.

Strange.

We have sailed Azamara twice and currently have a cruise booked with Oceania. O sends us 5 or 6 times as much in the mail as Azamara.

Maybe that's related to the different TAs we used to book the cruises instead of the cruise lines themselves.

they must think that they average O demographic is digitally deficient.  Poor e mail and web surfing skills. There are some retailers that send out printed catalogues still.  

Cruise Critic posters are by definition good at using a computer

They wouldn't be doing it year after year if it didn't work

5 minutes ago, tfred said:

they must think that they average O demographic is digitally deficient.  Poor e mail and web surfing skills. There are some retailers that send out printed catalogues still.  

Or maybe smart marketing 😉

Some like to look at the brochures & are tempted by the pictures of places to travel then book a cruise

I do like their brochures  for the photos  but do not need  several a week

JMO

After our second cruise with Oceania and with two more on the books, the mailings abruptly stopped.  We then started receiving mailings from Regent. We have no interest in Regent and asked the mailings to be discontinued. The continued to come. Finally spoke to an Oceania representative and said if you must market me, please send Oceania brochures. He said it would take about six weeks and it did. 

I love receiving the brochures, it was never at the excessive amount described here, and I hope that it stays that way. 

Yes, yes, yes!  It's crazy.  We've sailed on "O" only once (we like it), but now I get promotional info just about everyday.  Really, everyday!  We've sailed at least 6 other lines, some of them frequently, and we do not receive nearly as many mailings from them.  All of the Oceania stuff, even the huge books, go directly to the recycling bin.  Dumb.

• Like 1

Although we're silver members we never get brochures through the post from Oceania although we do get emails 4 or 5 times a week.

Same with Azamara, we're Discovery members but only get frequent emails, no brochures.

Maybe the marketing in the UK is different.

• Like 1

It's interesting how some people gets loads of mail from Oceania and some get little or none.  I've been on 4 O cruises and have never gotten any mail from them that I can recall.  No emails either.  I don't know how I got this lucky because I don't recall opting out.  Everything I need or want to know I can find online.  On the other hand, there is one cruise line (Crystal) that I've never been on that has recently started sending us brochures - about 2 or 3 a month.  It's mystifying to me how promotional mailing lists get compiled. 

12 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

It's interesting how some people gets loads of mail from Oceania and some get little or none.  I've been on 4 O cruises and have never gotten any mail from them that I can recall.  No emails either.  I don't know how I got this lucky because I don't recall opting out.  Everything I need or want to know I can find online.  On the other hand, there is one cruise line (Crystal) that I've never been on that has recently started sending us brochures - about 2 or 3 a month.  It's mystifying to me how promotional mailing lists get compiled. 

some TAs  belong to  a larger company  or Consortium  & your name may have been added  to the mailing lists

14 hours ago, tv24 said:

Yes, yes, yes!  It's crazy.  We've sailed on "O" only once (we like it), but now I get promotional info just about everyday.  Really, everyday!  We've sailed at least 6 other lines, some of them frequently, and we do not receive nearly as many mailings from them.  All of the Oceania stuff, even the huge books, go directly to the recycling bin.  Dumb.

Hey! Good to "see you"...and how can I say this "times two"!! ;) :) :  LuAnn

12 hours ago, Glenndale said:

Although we're silver members we never get brochures through the post from Oceania although we do get emails 4 or 5 times a week.

Same with Azamara, we're Discovery members but only get frequent emails, no brochures.

Maybe the marketing in the UK is different.

Dear friends...I think it MUST be different in the US...because it goes on and on!! :) Hope you are well??? LP

11 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Dear friends...I think it MUST be different in the US...because it goes on and on!! 🙂 Hope you are well??? LP

We’re both well thanks.

Sounds like Kenneth is feeling better too, which is good to hear 😀

We’re trying out a new ship in a few weeks, Saga Spirit of Discovery , it’s getting great reviews from Oceania and Azamara fans.

We’re trying to cut down on the flights.

Wouldn’t mind an occasional brochure though 😕

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Hey! Good to "see you"...and how can I say this "times two"!! 😉 🙂 :  LuAnn

Hi LuAnn:  Nice to hear from you as well.  Don't want to hijack this thread, but...Are you by chance boarding the Azamara Journey for the Nov. 5 crossing from Barcelona?

Tom

22 hours ago, tv24 said:

Hi LuAnn:  Nice to hear from you as well.  Don't want to hijack this thread, but...Are you by chance boarding the Azamara Journey for the Nov. 5 crossing from Barcelona?

Tom

NOooooo...are you 2 on board?...we are on X for that crossing...but will be on board with O and AZ again...trust me...we'll find each other on the same ship again!!! :):) 

On 9/5/2019 at 11:47 PM, tv24 said:

Yes we are on board.  And Robin as well, without Robert.  I know we will meet up with you again, LuAnn.  Happy sailing!

On 9/5/2019 at 11:47 PM, tv24 said:

Yes we are on board.  And Robin as well, without Robert.  I know we will meet up with you again, LuAnn.  Happy sailing!

I know... and I know that you will "watch out for her"...not that she needs that...but good to have "buddies" on board!! Have a great sailing...LP