now what ?Need to disembark 2 days early whah

BeeSkip

Hello...I am booked on a cruise and its too close to cancel.  So I need to get off 2 days early...Can I just get off the ship and go to the airport to fly home to the states?  I will be in Canada when this happens.  What is the consequences of just having to disembark?  I would have to go through Customs at the airport anyway???  Anyone know???  

Thanks

B

Just now, BeeSkip said:

Hello...I am booked on a cruise and its too close to cancel.  So I need to get off 2 days early...Can I just get off the ship and go to the airport to fly home to the states?  I will be in Canada when this happens.  What is the consequences of just having to disembark?  I would have to go through Customs at the airport anyway???  Anyone know???  

Thanks

B

You need to arrange this aheadh of time with the cruise line.  You may be charged a fee.

7 hours ago, BeeSkip said:

I would have to go through Customs at the airport anyway???

That would be for leaving Canada, the cruise line will have to arrange for Customs and Immigration to clear you into Canada when you leave the ship.

We were able to do it in July on getting off Ovation in Victoria.  Notified the concierge that we were getting off at last port and not returning to Seattle. She said she would find us the procedure to depart early. A few days later she informed us what times we could depart the ship with luggage.  Also told we had to goto guest services on the day of departure to get an all clear card to leave ship.  At gangway they will take your seapass card after dinging you out. I believe they had to notify the Canadian authorities of our intentions.  Canadian customs were expecting us when we walked into building and had us goto a different area for processing.

9 hours ago, frank808 said:

We were able to do it in July on getting off Ovation in Victoria.  Notified the concierge that we were getting off at last port and not returning to Seattle. She said she would find us the procedure to depart early. A few days later she informed us what times we could depart the ship with luggage.  Also told we had to goto guest services on the day of departure to get an all clear card to leave ship.  At gangway they will take your seapass card after dinging you out. I believe they had to notify the Canadian authorities of our intentions.  Canadian customs were expecting us when we walked into building and had us goto a different area for processing.

Any reason you didn't make these arrangements before boarding or was it an emergency? 

On 9/2/2019 at 10:34 PM, BeeSkip said:

Thanks

B

1)  If you try to get off with your luggage, they will not allow it, unless pre-arranged.

2)  If you got off and just left the ship, you will have illegally entered Canada.  And when you go through IMMIGRATION at the airport, it may cause major issues.

BTW Immigration is for people, Customs is for items.

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

Any reason you didn't make these arrangements before boarding or was it an emergency? 

Told my TA that instead of going back to Seattle and driving back to Vancouver day of departure.  We would like to just disembark in Victoria and make our own way to Vancouver to board Radiance the next day.  

Told our TA 2 months before sailing and they said they would get back to me after asking royal.  Forgot about all of this until we were in California and at Star Wars land (about 10 days before cruise).  Called TA and they contacted Royal.  TA said that they were told for me to see guest services on board.  First time on Quantum class and went about exploring on boarding day.  During happy hour wife reminded me and instead of going to GS, I asked the concierge.  She told me me she would take care of it.  2 nights before docking in Victoria, concierge hands me a letter on what to do and she says we are all set.  She got a nice tip for her assistance.  

Edited by frank808

5 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Told my TA that instead of going back to Seattle and driving back to Vancouver day of departure.  We would like to just disembark in Victoria and make our own way to Vancouver to board Radiance the next day.  

Told our TA 2 months before sailing and they said they would get back to me after asking royal.  Forgot about all of this until we were in California and at Star Wars land (about 10 days before cruise).  Called TA and they contacted Royal.  TA said that they were told for me to see guest services on board.  First time on Quantum class and went about exploring on boarding day.  During happy hour wife reminded me and instead of going to GS, I asked the concierge.  She told me me she would take care of it.  2 nights before docking in Victoria, concierge hands me a letter on what to do and she says we are all set.  She got a nice tip for her assistance.  

Glad it worked out for you...but it seems your TA should have taken care of this and followed through in a more timely manner.

I had a medical emergency with my husband in 2017 and we were taken off the ship in Canada to get him to the hospital. I had to turn my pass Ports over to the Authorities but when we were getting my husband home, had to go back to the airport to get our pass ports before flying out. I left the next morning, while he was taken back on a medical plane. Our cruise ship made all the arrangements for our getting off in Canada.