3 For Free starts Wed 9/4

Coffeeluvr05

3 for FREE (9/4 – 10/31)

It's the sale we've all been waiting for. The sale that clients go crazy for! 3 for Free starts soon, so start spreading the word! With this sale, all four guests in a stateroom get the amazing perks of: FREE gratuities†, a FREE stateroom location upgrade†† and FREE onboard spending money!‡ It's more than free — it's 3 for Free — so get ready to BOOK BOOK BOOK!

• FREE Gratuities
  • FREE Stateroom location upgrade
  • FREE Onboard Spending money (up to $800)
  • Like 3

This sale has already been posted.  Don't see need for a new thread.  The default pricing displayed on Princess is for the NRD version.  A refundable option is available, but you have to call in to Princess to request it.  Or talk to a TA.  Some TA's may show pricing options on their website pages.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

3 for FREE (9/4 – 10/31)

It's the sale we've all been waiting for. The sale that clients go crazy for! 3 for Free starts soon, so start spreading the word! With this sale, all four guests in a stateroom get the amazing perks of: FREE gratuities†, a FREE stateroom location upgrade†† and FREE onboard spending money!‡ It's more than free — it's 3 for Free — so get ready to BOOK BOOK BOOK!

• FREE Gratuities
  • FREE Stateroom location upgrade
  • FREE Onboard Spending money (up to $800)

Thanks for posting. I needed this reminder. Making a call today for the refundable price.

12 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Better wait until tomorrow.

Thanks for picking up on that!

Just contacted my TA to price the cruise I am interested in first thing WEDNESDAY MORNING.

Will compare the promotional price she gets tomorrow with today's price.

I use a TA for most of my bookings since I am only interested in refundable deposits.

32 minutes ago, dog said:

Thanks for picking up on that!

Just contacted my TA to price the cruise I am interested in first thing WEDNESDAY MORNING.

Will compare the promotional price she gets tomorrow with today's price.

I use a TA for most of my bookings since I am only interested in refundable deposits.

I spoke to my TA last Friday. He'll be swamped tomorrow because of the sale, and he only needs to re-fare my sailing, so I told him I'd call him over weekend.

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

I spoke to my TA last Friday. He'll be swamped tomorrow because of the sale, and he only needs to re-fare my sailing, so I told him I'd call him over weekend.

good luck getting a deal

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Ask your TA if (s)he doesn't have a self-service booking webpage you can use.  I can see all the pricing options on my TA's live booking website.  Saves phone calls and emails for research.

Edited by steelers36

10 hours ago, MountainEER74 said:

How exactly does the free stateroom location upgrade work? You pick a stateroom and then they move you, or is the price of your selected stateroom listed as though it was a lower class? How would you know since fares change?

What is highlighted is true.  You pick the cabin you like - up to a "xB" type - and you are billed at the "xF" type rate - the lowest in the class.  Note that "A" type cabins are excluded and are priced at the going fare rate. 

How do you know?  Well, let say that without 3FF, the six types of Inside cabins go up by $30 per letter code for a particular cruise.  So that means if an "IF" costs $1000, the "IA costs $1150 (5 "grades" higher @ $30 per).  With 3FF, all of IF, IE, ID, IC, and IB are priced at $1000 and the IA remains at $1150.

Same principle with Balconies, etc.

Edited by steelers36

6 hours ago, steelers36 said:

What is highlighted is true.  You pick the cabin you like - up to a "xB" type - and you are billed at the "xF" type rate - the lowest in the class.  Note that "A" type cabins are excluded and are priced at the going fare rate. 

How do you know?  Well, let say that without 3FF, the six types of Inside cabins go up by $30 per letter code for a particular cruise.  So that means if an "IF" costs $1000, the "IA costs $1150 (5 "grades" higher @ $30 per).  With 3FF, all of IF, IE, ID, IC, and IB are priced at $1000 and the IA remains at $1150.

It was written on the cruise confirmation I received by email. It said Upgrade from BF to BE.

However, I checked fares last week, then again day before sale and sale price was $200 morepp for the sale.

32 minutes ago, dog said:

It was written on the cruise confirmation I received by email. It said Upgrade from BF to BE.

However, I checked fares last week, then again day before sale and sale price was $200 morepp for the sale.

Some people report encountering higher prices when the sale starts and others save money.  Guess it depends on the original price plan whenever a booking is made.

On 9/4/2019 at 11:10 PM, steelers36 said:

My sister's TA is telling her that her IA interior cabin can't be refared with 3FF.  I get that the "A" type cabins are excluded from the free stateroom upgrade part of the promo. But she can still refare the cabin at the current fare, correct? It's a lot less than when she booked it in May. And she wants the free gratuities and extra OBC for the third person in the cabin. 

11 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

My sister's TA is telling her that her IA interior cabin can't be refared with 3FF.  I get that the "A" type cabins are excluded from the free stateroom upgrade part of the promo. But she can still refare the cabin at the current fare, correct? It's a lot less than when she booked it in May. And she wants the free gratuities and extra OBC for the third person in the cabin. 

Sounds like another TA not up to par.  Of course it applies.  All your sister needs to do, is do a mock booking on Princess website for the cruise she is on and will see that the 3FF applies to all letter codes.  As you say, she just isn't getting a price break that she would get if booking a B-level or lower.  If she wants, and they are available, she can change to a B-level.  They are very much just as good as an A-level IMO.

Edited by steelers36
  • Thanks 1

Yes thank you! That is what I told her. On our cruise the fare for her IA cabin is currently $1409pp. She booked it at $1634pp in May. The free stateroom upgrade/lowest price is $1299. She would be happy to get the $1409 fare. Her TA is saying that she can't refare it with 3FF because it's the special excluded category (the "A") yet she did refare her other cabin which is a suite (also listed as being a special excluded category for 3FF). It makes no sense. She needs this particular IA cabin because it is the only quad cabin across from their suite. It sucks because she is stuck dealing with the TA and can't get it refared herself with Princess. 

24 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

Yes thank you! That is what I told her. On our cruise the fare for her IA cabin is currently $1409pp. She booked it at $1634pp in May. The free stateroom upgrade/lowest price is $1299. She would be happy to get the $1409 fare. Her TA is saying that she can't refare it with 3FF because it's the special excluded category (the "A") yet she did refare her other cabin which is a suite (also listed as being a special excluded category for 3FF). It makes no sense. She needs this particular IA cabin because it is the only quad cabin across from their suite. It sucks because she is stuck dealing with the TA and can't get it refared herself with Princess. 

She could contact TA management perhaps?  Not sure of best approach.  If her TA isn't actually saving her any money over Princess pricing, why not call Princess and explain that the TA is uncooperative and she is unhappy and wants Princess to take back the booking from the agent and re-fare her under 3FF.  Then I would find a new good TA that discounts.

48 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

I would suggest calling Princess, do not tell them you are booked, ask if this category has the option to be refared. If they say no, call back later and ask for a supervisor and ask again. If you say you are booked, working with a TA you will be told to deal with them.

Hello,

What if you are already booked and have made final payment. Will the agent refare it or will we not be eligible for the new fare? Our cruise is 63 days from now. We already got a price reduction once,  as it went down in price the day before the deposit was due to Princess. Thanks for any feedback.

Andrea

29 minutes ago, andrek said:

Hello,

What if you are already booked and have made final payment. Will the agent refare it or will we not be eligible for the new fare? Our cruise is 63 days from now. We already got a price reduction once,  as it went down in price the day before the deposit was due to Princess. Thanks for any feedback.

Andrea

My understanding is you cannot re-fare after FP.  In effect, you would be cancelling and re-booking, subject to whatever percentage loss of fare as stipulated in the Passage Contract.  That said, some have reported contacting Princess when seeing a price drop after FP and making a case for a rebate or OBC grant from Princess.  This was a thread about 3FF and just to note that any cruise coming up within 63 days would NOT be under a current sale promotion. 

47 minutes ago, andrek said:

Hello,

Andrea

Current 3FF promotion would not apply to your cruise anyway.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I just read the promotion completely and saw it was for bookings in 2020-21. We would not qualify as your said. I will keep looking but we did get a very good deal and Princess was generous enough to refund some money once already!

Andrea

3 hours ago, andrek said:

Hello,

Andrea

Well, there are always exceptions made: my TA has been able to keep a couple of my bookings the same and re fare my cruises after final payment. Saved me $1700 for 2 people on my last 14 day cruise. 

Call your travel agent and see if they can do something for you.

8 hours ago, rentlady said:

How long is this sale going  and is it for only bookings to given locations?

It goes until Halloween and is for most sailings from May 2020 through May 2021. You would need to check to see if a particular cruise shows the 3 For Free promo banner.