CNN story about NCL passengers kept in fenced area with no water!

PortFees45

5 hours ago, hypercafe said:

As far as it being so risky to sail during June to October only fools go, why do the cruise lines have these trips in the first place putting everyone in danger? 

I guess in the end I am responsible for my safety.  I would not rely on a cruise line to decide that for me.  If I thought it was dangerous, no matter how much I was out I would cancel my trip.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So, this was not the at the port or the ship. These were people who asked for the free charter transportation back to Miami (vs. making their own way home via a commercial flight). Looking at the video, it looks more like TSA didn't want uncleared people wandering around the MSY tarmac. And that the charter company was not prepared for delays in getting aircraft to MSY to take these folks on to Miami.  wrt medicines, we always have our daily meds with us (not packed in a suitcase which we may see in several hours. 

As an NCL cheerleader will you ever see that they are ot the perfect company you think they are. Ask some of their former crew if you want to take off your rose tinted glasses 

This is horrid, misleading reporting.

They make it sound like the passengers were detained inside of a padlocked cage like a Trump camp.

In reality, they couldn't get on to the Tarmac, because there was nothing to go to yet.  But they weren't being prevented from leaving any time they wanted to, to make their own travel arrangements.  Can you imagine if someone called a news crew every time you got to the terminal in an airport because the door to the jetway was locked?

God this is an eye roller.

"We've been in this airport for hours with nothing but coffee, and sandwiches, and a bar, and lavatories, and a Sbarro!"

Edited by MotownVoice
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, bmwman said:

As an NCL cheerleader will you ever see that they are ot the perfect company you think they are. Ask some of their former crew if you want to take off your rose tinted glasses 

Did I state something that was not factual?  The news report was about a 2+ hour wait for a charter plane at the airport. Nothing in NCL’s direct control.

And the fact that for the two hour wait, there was no buffet line set up to feed the 100 passengers, like on the ship. I have sat on planes on airport tarmacs a lot longer and didn’t call CNN to create sensationalized news that people were suffering because they had to wait for a plane. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PortFees45 said:

Let us know the next time you're at an airpot and have that view. 

Most people associate being at an airport in a major city like New Orleans with being in a terminal.

<snip>

You must have never flown charter.  In most major cities, the charter flights do not depart from the regular terminal.  Those gates are assigned to regular flights.  Every charter I have flown, we boarded from the tarmac in a similar area to that shown.