Statue of Liberty?

DaisyGirl55

3 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

It does, but again, it's subject to river traffic and completely at the pilot's discretion who can overrule the captain on the sail by. 

Maybe, but to me it looks like Celebrity is selling the idea that your going to be hanging by the SOL for 45 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 10:33 PM, Turtles06 said:

The Celebrity Summit has definitely been making an effort to do a sail up to the SOL from Bayonne, according to posters in the Celebrity forum.  Certainly there are no guarantees that this will happen.

So we were very pleasantly surprised when we boarded the Summit yesterday and Captain Matt announced at the end of the muster drill that he was taking us up to the SOL. He did so, and then stopped the ship for a good bit right in front of the Statue. Then turned, so everyone had a great view. It was a beautiful afternoon for this. I was very happy for the folks on board who had never sailed past the Statue. 

We're back from our cruise now; here's one of my photos from our sail past the Statue of Liberty:

enhance

(photo by turtles06)

• Like 2

If you look at Turtles awesome photo you will see a Clipper type ship close to the SOL. I recommend this to anyone who wants up close photos of the SOL but doesn’t want to actually go to Liberty Island. You pick up the cruise at Battery Park and reserve online. There are also smaller sail boats that leave from the marina at the mall by the WTC. 

4 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

If you look at Turtles awesome photo you will see a Clipper type ship close to the SOL. I recommend this to anyone who wants up close photos of the SOL but doesn’t want to actually go to Liberty Island. You pick up the cruise at Battery Park and reserve online.

Thanks for the kind words about my photo.  And yes, that Clipper was sailing back and forth around Liberty Island; the folks on board no doubt had fabulous views.  Thanks for letting people know how to book it.