Blue Book

Roccaforte

How far ahead should I expect to get my blue book, luggage tags etc. ?  Will it be sent to me or my TA?

Last cruise in March it never arrived.  We had to print out our documents to board the ship in Miami and have O mail us generic luggage tags. 

Would love to get the folder this time.

It could be sent to you if your TA requests  it  or to the TA

It should be sent  prior to 30 days before sailing 

We got ours about 2mths prior on our last cruise

The Final Summary email is sent  about 2-3 weeks prior  IME

• Like 1

Just sent an email to our O TA!!!

OUR CONCERN

1: we leave on HAL San Diego to FLL on March 11th 2020. Arrive FLL on March 27th! Will be on O on March 30th out of Miami on March31st!  Will we have the Blue book in time?

2: we will be on O again April 17th Monte Carlo to Barcelona!! Will we have our Blue Book prior to that cruise!!

Our O/TA said Oceania sends them out 60-30 days prior to cruise. So what do we do IF WE DON’T RECEIVE THEM PRIOR TO OUR HAL CRUISE? We pay in full Nov, and Dec. Show a receipt that it is paid in full!

HAL was easy’ we printed our own docs.

Denise😊 

My first O cruise is several weeks away, but I can only imagine the only need for the "Blue Book" is to get past port security, not to check in with O.  Port security varies port to port from none to showing some sort of proof that you belong there.  So it really comes down to what you will need to get past security in Miami and Monte Carlo.  I would think that a print out of your invoice would suffice in most instances

In addition to a printout of your invoice, O also sends email "final documents".  Even if you are traveling before the cruise, assuming you have internet access you should be able to get the email.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mura said:

In addition to a printout of your invoice, O also sends email "final documents".  Even if you are traveling before the cruise, assuming you have internet access you should be able to get the email.

Love to all!

Thanks as always! I guess I’m too hyper vigilant .

Denise😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Just sent an email to our O TA!!!

OUR CONCERN

1: we leave on HAL San Diego to FLL on March 11th 2020. Arrive FLL on March 27th! Will be on O on March 30th out of Miami on March31st!  Will we have the Blue book in time?

2: we will be on O again April 17th Monte Carlo to Barcelona!! Will we have our Blue Book prior to that cruise!!

Our O/TA said Oceania sends them out 60-30 days prior to cruise. So what do we do IF WE DON’T RECEIVE THEM PRIOR TO OUR HAL CRUISE? We pay in full Nov, and Dec. Show a receipt that it is paid in full!

HAL was easy’ we printed our own docs.

Denise😊 

You should get it for the 1st cruise in time 

probably for the 2nd one if you go home between cruises   if not the porters have blank luggage tags   just ask  at the dock

You really only need the Final Cruise Summary that come in an email ..print it off

Passports & credit card  & you are all set

Ask your TA to have the book sent directly to you ..there is really nothing for TA's to check in it like the old days  when TA's checked the Docs  over for errors

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Love to all!

Thanks as always! I guess I’m too hyper vigilant .

Denise😊

Not at all, Denise!  On one or maybe two occasions we did not receive our documents in time and we were not leaving for the cruise until a few days before. We still got them in time by contacting our TA.  The emailed versions are relatively recent, but at least available for several years now.  I'm sure you'll be fine -- just check in with your email while you are on the road.

Hyper vigilance can be a good thing, of course ... such as when you are traveling BEFORE your cruise!

Mura

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mura said:

Not at all, Denise!  On one or maybe two occasions we did not receive our documents in time and we were not leaving for the cruise until a few days before. We still got them in time by contacting our TA.  The emailed versions are relatively recent, but at least available for several years now.  I'm sure you'll be fine -- just check in with your email while you are on the road.

Hyper vigilance can be a good thing, of course ... such as when you are traveling BEFORE your cruise!

Mura

As always Mura THANKYOU!!

As a retired DDS my hyper vigilance is something I have done forever!!!

Inwill just print out the email or show it. On my phone👍👍

Denise😊

22 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You should get it for the 1st cruise in time 

probably for the 2nd one if you go home between cruises   if not the porters have blank luggage tags   just ask  at the dock

You really only need the Final Cruise Summary that come in an email ..print it off

Passports & credit card  & you are all set

Ask your TA to have the book sent directly to you ..there is really nothing for TA's to check in it like the old days  when TA's checked the Docs  over for errors

LHT28!! Won’t be home to get 2nd blue book!! So I will print it at my hotel in Milan!

Thank you!

Denise😊

6 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

LHT28!! Won’t be home to get 2nd blue book!! So I will print it at my hotel in Milan!

Thank you!

Denise😊

All you really need is the FINAL CRUISE SUMMARY  email   as I said  the porters have blank tags

The Blue  books  are not what they used  to be   a nice touch for first timers  though

I am sure you will be fine

Lyn

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

All you really need is the FINAL CRUISE SUMMARY  email   as I said  the porters have blank tags

The Blue  books  are not what they used  to be   a nice touch for first timers  though

I am sure you will be fine

Lyn

Thanks Lyn!

I will show my email on my phone as well as have a print out of my cruise summary if necessary. My O/TA said the blue book is like a souvenir!!!! In Monte Carlo we will bring our bags on board.

Much Appreciate your kindness as always 

Denise😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bbtondo said:

Also wondering how far before my cruise will I get the blue book.  Yes, I know I don't need it, just wondering how far before a cruise do you typically get it.  Thanks!

Did you read post #2

We get ours usually 60 days  prior  sometimes 45 days

If you have not received it  by 30 days prior  check with your TA if you used one or Oceania

JMO