Confused on Cabin Selection

rwhit712

My wife and I are planning our 2nd ever cruise, and it's been over ten years since our last.  We are looking at the Celebrity Equinox.  Is the Aft Balcony worth the extra dollars, is it worth paying for Concierge Class to get Priority Check-In?  Any help you can give me on this.  I don't mind spending the money, however, I don't want to waste money either!  Thank you.

• Like 1

First, I would ask this on the Celebrity board here.  Second, just as there are those who will never sail without a balcony, there are those who simply must have an aft balcony.  If the aft balcony is larger, it might be a consideration.  If you like to watch the wake, another consideration.  Keep in mind that there are no aft elevators on Equinox, so it can be a long walk to midship.  As to concierge and priority boarding, unless you are among those who simply must be the first to board, there won't be significant lines.  In the past I have found that being Elite or Concierge only means that there is a separate line to check in, but if the line for suites has any people in it, they will take them to every check in person and make all others wait.  EM

Celebrity doesn't "stagger" boarding, so if you get there earlier, it's not a big issue  I wouldn't pay for Concierge service simply to get onboard 30 mins earlier......

Will you USE the concierge?  If so, it might be worth it..but most folks make their own arrangements well in advance...

If you want a balcony (and I would!), get one...don't pay for the extras, unless it's something that is REALLY important for your well-being for a week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Celebrity doesn't "stagger" boarding, so if you get there earlier, it's not a big issue  I wouldn't pay for Concierge service simply to get onboard 30 mins earlier......

Will you USE the concierge?  If so, it might be worth it..but most folks make their own arrangements well in advance...

If you want a balcony (and I would!), get one...don't pay for the extras, unless it's something that is REALLY important for your well-being for a week.

And as usual...cb has no idea what concierge means on Celebrity...

• 1 month later...

When we can afford the upgrade, we have never regretted spending the money, whether it was a small increase for a spa balcony or a larger increase for a concierge suite. We sail to enjoy ourselves and if these extras help and we can afford it, then by all means take them.

Edited by Daytona_MAc
spelling

• 4 weeks later...

We are also confused in that we are trying to decide concierge class balcony or a sky suite.  It's our 20 yr anniversay and we haven't been on a vacation at all in 4 years so we want it to be special but at the same time we don't want to spend money that doesn't mean something,  We have only been on a couple of cruises that were short so we are not experts at all.  We are planning on an Alaskan Cruise on Celebrity Eclipse last August 2020. 

Thanks

5 hours ago, Maxie Girl said:

We are also confused in that we are trying to decide concierge class balcony or a sky suite.  ... We are planning on an Alaskan Cruise on Celebrity Eclipse last August 2020. 

Hi Maxie!

I hate to just send you to a different board, but I am not familiar to Celebrity's classes or amenities, and you didn't ask about particular cabins (that I might have looked up on cruisedeckplans.com, for instance) -- So I have to suggest that you ask the same question, here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/

Good luck!

On 12/2/2019 at 8:47 PM, Maxie Girl said:

We are also confused in that we are trying to decide concierge class balcony or a sky suite.  It's our 20 yr anniversay and we haven't been on a vacation at all in 4 years so we want it to be special but at the same time we don't want to spend money that doesn't mean something,  We have only been on a couple of cruises that were short so we are not experts at all.  We are planning on an Alaskan Cruise on Celebrity Eclipse last August 2020. 

Thanks

I'm a lot more familiar with RCI (25+ cruises) but we've just booked our 2nd cruise with Celebrity. The first time on Eclipse in a Aqua category and now have booked a true aft Sky Suite on the Reflection...I think we've chosen well this time. Have you compared the Concierge to Aqua...however I'm pretty sure either won't compare to the sky Suite and the perks given with that category...we got 4.