First Timer on Celebrity and Chose the Edge

Cruisegirl6

5 hours ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

Yes, we will have to walk off the ship with our luggage, we do have TSA so maybe that will help.  We are hoping we get off the ship by 9am.

Getting off is fast - there is facial recognition so you don't need to go through a customs line. If the screen likes your face, you are waved through. It is a long walk to the taxi station (across the street and down a ways), but once we decided to leave, we were in a taxi within about 20 minutes, I would say (and that is with picking up luggage). 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

A point about the infinite balcony, as stated really a window cabin , that opens if the seas are ok.  If you really want a true balcony cabin, try a aft cabin- if not you might not mind the infinite balcony cabin.  It felt closed in to me and narrow.  The pools were beautiful on the edge, but not the cabanas- not worth the up charge.  We got off the ship early, but had priority disembarkation- it was a breeze.  If you self disembark- remember the elevators are mobbed and could be a problem.  

Also, loved the Equinox-just sailed on her a few weeks ago, and will be on the Harmony this winter- a wonderful ship also!  

10 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Getting off is fast - there is facial recognition so you don't need to go through a customs line. If the screen likes your face, you are waved through. It is a long walk to the taxi station (across the street and down a ways), but once we decided to leave, we were in a taxi within about 20 minutes, I would say (and that is with picking up luggage). 🙂

Thank you, we have some encouragement hearing this!  I will have my elderly father in law (81) with us, I wonder if we can call uber at the pier?

16 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

From experience, for you to make a 10:50 flight out of MIA you will need to walk off well before 9am as MIA can have quite lengthy lines once you are at the airport.  Good luck!

I have usually experienced significant delays getting thru Customs in Fort Lauderdale.  Is not my favorite.  Then you have to get a cab and then have  the airport to deal with.  You are really pushing it for a 10:50 flight.

34 minutes ago, keesar said:

I have usually experienced significant delays getting thru Customs in Fort Lauderdale.  Is not my favorite.  Then you have to get a cab and then have  the airport to deal with.  You are really pushing it for a 10:50 flight.

We have a 10:50am flight out of Miami, have to get off the ship asap get a cab or perhaps uber be faster and get to Miami international, I know its cutting it close but I am hoping since its a sunday (but last weekened before Christmas) hoping we make it.

21 hours ago, 39august said:

Be sure you join the Captain's Club before your cruise. I assume if you have sailed RCI a lot you are at least Diamond Crown and Anchor members. That makes you Elite on Celebrity. There are several perks associated with that level, some of which are similar to RCI's perks. 

The best perk offered as an Elite member that RCL Diamond does not offer is a laundry perk.  We find it the most useful.  You each get a bag of wash & fold laundry (up to 30 items).  You cannot use it on the last three days of the cruise however.   Celebrity does not have a dedicated lounge like the Diamond Lounge.  But you can use happy hour free drinks at any bar.

33 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

The best perk offered as an Elite member that RCL Diamond does not offer is a laundry perk.  We find it the most useful.  You each get a bag of wash & fold laundry (up to 30 items).  You cannot use it on the last three days of the cruise however.   Celebrity does not have a dedicated lounge like the Diamond Lounge.  But you can use happy hour free drinks at any bar.

We get the three free drinks on Celebrity also?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, Cruisegirl6 said:

We get the three free drinks on Celebrity also?

As Diamond/Elite you will get unlimited drinks at bars during Elite happy hour on Celebrity.  You can not use the drinks in the MDR but you can carry in from a bar.  There is also a nightly event (most nights) in a given location with canapes.  There will be information about the Elite events/benefits in your stateroom.  I love getting a rose in my cabin.