World Series

lenquixote66

Most likely, yes.  If there is a sports bar on board, or one that has TV's included in the venue, it will almost certainly be televised. It may also be shown on the poolside big screen if the ship is equipped with one.  Major sporting events that have coincided with a sailing have been broadcast on virtually every cruise we've been on.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

Most likely, yes.  If there is a sports bar on board, or one that has TV's included in the venue, it will more than likely be televised. It may also be shown on the poolside big screen if the ship is equipped with one.  Major sporting events that have coincided with a sailing have been broadcast on virtually every cruise we've been on.

Live?  Wow.  I'm impressed.

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will be on a cruise and since it is impossible to DVR the series I hope to be able to see the Mets defeat the Astros.

Well they both have to get there first, and while the Astro's certainly have a shot, not so sure about your Mets at 15 games behind......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Well they both have to get there first, and while the Astro's certainly have a shot, not so sure about your Mets at 15 games behind......

In April I told everyone I know who are baseball fans that the Mets would win the World Series.Tonight my favorite Mets player ,Rajai Davis crushed the Dodgers.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In April I told everyone I know who are baseball fans that the Mets would win the World Series.Tonight my favorite Mets player ,Rajai Davis crushed the Dodgers.

One small step.  Still a long ways to go to even have a shot at a wildcard.  But it's always fun - and easy - to have hope as a fan. Either way, the WS is likely to be shown on board your ship - whatever teams you are watching play....

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

One small step.  Still a long ways to go to even have a shot at a wildcard.  But it's always fun - and easy - to have hope as a fan. Either way, the WS is likely to be shown on board your ship - whatever teams you are watching play....

I have been a Mets fan since 1962 and always expect them to win.I am partial to Philadelphia,not for baseball but basketball.I know 2 guys who were great players,Billy Cunningham and Ed Pinckney.

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been a Mets fan since 1962 and always expect them to win.I am partial to Philadelphia,not for baseball but basketball.I know 2 guys who were great players,Billy Cunningham and Ed Pinckney.

Yes they were - you know them personally?  Although from a different direction, I feel your Mets fan pain as I am a long standing Eagles fan. (Hence my avatar).  I realize I had my day with the SB two years ago but many drought years in between.  I always figured I'd live forever as it was a bucket list thing to see them win a SB.  Now that that happened, a little concerned about my longevity.......

You realize we've hijacked your thread - but then again it is your thread to hijack!

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Yes they were - you know them personally?  Although from a different direction, I feel your Mets fan pain as I am a long standing Eagles fan. (Hence my avatar).  I realize I had my day with the SB two years ago but many drought years in between.  I always figured I'd live forever as it was a bucket list thing to see them win a SB.  Now that that happened, a little concerned about my longevity.......

You realize we've hijacked your thread - but then again it is your thread to hijack!

I played semi pro basketball and had the opportunity to meet many guys who played in NYC and Philly.

In 2011 I contributed to the making of a Basketball documentary that played in many cities as well as PBS stations and is currently on You Tube.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I played semi pro basketball and had the opportunity to meet many guys who played in NYC and Philly.

In 2011 I contributed to the making of a Basketball documentary that played in many cities as well as PBS stations and is currently on You Tube.

Very nice!  Lot of good players back then - and a much different game.  One from a fan's perspective that is missed.  Sounds like a great time in your life.

Aruba,Bonaire,Curaçao,Grenada,Barbados,St.Thomas,St.Kitts,St.Lucia

Very nice ports of call.  A little bit of the best of both worlds - southern and eastern.  If you are a fan of local island cuisines and like seafood, you have to try a flying fish sandwich in Barbados.

Very nice!  Lot of good players back then - and a much different game.  One from a fan's perspective that is missed.  Sounds like a great time in your life.

The documentary was about Hall Of Fame member Roger Brown who played for the Indiana Pacers.We were friends in high school. The documentary is Undefeated:

The Roger Brown story. 

I will look this up.....

My name appears in the credits as being a contributor to the film.I spent many hours in discussion with the Producer of the film.I do not gain anything from people seeing the film but everyone who saw it thought it was great.

My name appears in the credits as being a contributor to the film.I spent many hours in discussion with the Producer of the film.I do not gain anything from people seeing the film but everyone who saw it thought it was great.

So there are two pages of credits early in the film - 9 on page one and two columns of 9 on page two.  Respecting your privacy but curious if this is where you are listed and where?