Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Most likely, yes.  If there is a sports bar on board, or one that has TV's included in the venue, it will almost certainly be televised. It may also be shown on the poolside big screen if the ship is equipped with one.  Major sporting events that have coincided with a sailing have been broadcast on virtually every cruise we've been on.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

Most likely, yes.  If there is a sports bar on board, or one that has TV's included in the venue, it will more than likely be televised. It may also be shown on the poolside big screen if the ship is equipped with one.  Major sporting events that have coincided with a sailing have been broadcast on virtually every cruise we've been on.

Live?  Wow.  I'm impressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clo said:

Live?  Wow.  I'm impressed.

 

Why not?  It would be part of the channels fed via the satellite system on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be on a cruise and since it is impossible to DVR the series I hope to be able to see the Mets defeat the Astros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will be on a cruise and since it is impossible to DVR the series I hope to be able to see the Mets defeat the Astros.

 

Well they both have to get there first, and while the Astro's certainly have a shot, not so sure about your Mets at 15 games behind......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

 

Well they both have to get there first, and while the Astro's certainly have a shot, not so sure about your Mets at 15 games behind......

In April I told everyone I know who are baseball fans that the Mets would win the World Series.Tonight my favorite Mets player ,Rajai Davis crushed the Dodgers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

In April I told everyone I know who are baseball fans that the Mets would win the World Series.Tonight my favorite Mets player ,Rajai Davis crushed the Dodgers.

 

One small step.  Still a long ways to go to even have a shot at a wildcard.  But it's always fun - and easy - to have hope as a fan. Either way, the WS is likely to be shown on board your ship - whatever teams you are watching play....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will be on a cruise and since it is impossible to DVR the series I hope to be able to see the Mets defeat the Astros.

Where are you going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

 

One small step.  Still a long ways to go to even have a shot at a wildcard.  But it's always fun - and easy - to have hope as a fan. Either way, the WS is likely to be shown on board your ship - whatever teams you are watching play....

I have been a Mets fan since 1962 and always expect them to win.I am partial to Philadelphia,not for baseball but basketball.I know 2 guys who were great players,Billy Cunningham and Ed Pinckney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clo said:

Where are you going?

The Caribbean for 2 weeks. When I am on a vacation I never post on CC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been a Mets fan since 1962 and always expect them to win.I am partial to Philadelphia,not for baseball but basketball.I know 2 guys who were great players,Billy Cunningham and Ed Pinckney.

 

Yes they were - you know them personally?  Although from a different direction, I feel your Mets fan pain as I am a long standing Eagles fan. (Hence my avatar).  I realize I had my day with the SB two years ago but many drought years in between.  I always figured I'd live forever as it was a bucket list thing to see them win a SB.  Now that that happened, a little concerned about my longevity.......

 

You realize we've hijacked your thread - but then again it is your thread to hijack!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Caribbean for 2 weeks. When I am on a vacation I never post on CC.

Where in the Caribbean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

 

Yes they were - you know them personally?  Although from a different direction, I feel your Mets fan pain as I am a long standing Eagles fan. (Hence my avatar).  I realize I had my day with the SB two years ago but many drought years in between.  I always figured I'd live forever as it was a bucket list thing to see them win a SB.  Now that that happened, a little concerned about my longevity.......

 

You realize we've hijacked your thread - but then again it is your thread to hijack!

I played semi pro basketball and had the opportunity to meet many guys who played in NYC and Philly.

In 2011 I contributed to the making of a Basketball documentary that played in many cities as well as PBS stations and is currently on You Tube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, clo said:

Where in the Caribbean?

Aruba,Bonaire,Curaçao,Grenada,Barbados,St.Thomas,St.Kitts,St.Lucia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I played semi pro basketball and had the opportunity to meet many guys who played in NYC and Philly.

In 2011 I contributed to the making of a Basketball documentary that played in many cities as well as PBS stations and is currently on You Tube.

Very nice!  Lot of good players back then - and a much different game.  One from a fan's perspective that is missed.  Sounds like a great time in your life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Aruba,Bonaire,Curaçao,Grenada,Barbados,St.Thomas,St.Kitts,St.Lucia

 

Very nice ports of call.  A little bit of the best of both worlds - southern and eastern.  If you are a fan of local island cuisines and like seafood, you have to try a flying fish sandwich in Barbados.

 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

Very nice!  Lot of good players back then - and a much different game.  One from a fan's perspective that is missed.  Sounds like a great time in your life.

The documentary was about Hall Of Fame member Roger Brown who played for the Indiana Pacers.We were friends in high school. The documentary is Undefeated:

The Roger Brown story. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

 

Very nice ports of call.  A little bit of the best of both worlds - southern and eastern.  If you are a fan of local island cuisines and like seafood, you have to try a flying fish sandwich in Barbados.

Thanks,I will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The documentary was about Hall Of Fame member Roger Brown who played for the Indiana Pacers.We were friends in high school. The documentary is Undefeated:

The Roger Brown story. 

 

 

I will look this up.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

 

I will look this up.....

My name appears in the credits as being a contributor to the film.I spent many hours in discussion with the Producer of the film.I do not gain anything from people seeing the film but everyone who saw it thought it was great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

 

Watching it now....

I hope you like it.I was never really into football but the son of one of my childhood friends was a QB with the Dolphins and Jets.Whenever he played I would watch the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My name appears in the credits as being a contributor to the film.I spent many hours in discussion with the Producer of the film.I do not gain anything from people seeing the film but everyone who saw it thought it was great.

 

 

So there are two pages of credits early in the film - 9 on page one and two columns of 9 on page two.  Respecting your privacy but curious if this is where you are listed and where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...