Sailing the Mediterranean in 2022

lollylew

I plan to sail in 2022 to the Mediterranean and would REALLY like to do it on a Carnival ship. I know that with the change of shipyards, it won't be possible except when an older ship gets refurbished. Have there been any announcements lately about any ships having this done over in Italy? Or where could I find this information?

• Like 1

They do have a new build planned for 2022 deployment.  No information has been published on dates though.

If you move it up to 2021 the Legend is spotted on several port calendars indicating Northern Europe sailings for June -August and Med for September & October.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

If you have enough loyalty points to get free laundry, that would be enough for me.  EM

If it were that important, the few dollars to have it sent out shouldn't make or break anyone planning a cruise... especially to Europe.

Although the laundry perk on Carnival was nice, it wasn't too much of an inconvenience to lose until I earned it back on Princess (albeit back to unlimited). 

16 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Why limit yourself to Carnival?

Having looked at other cruise lines Carnival is usually the best bargain even in the Med.  We have been wanting to do a British Isles cruise forever and Princess has a great itinerary but it would cost my family over $10,000 for just the cruise before gratuities.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Having looked at other cruise lines Carnival is usually the best bargain even in the Med.  We have been wanting to do a British Isles cruise forever and Princess has a great itinerary but it would cost my family over $10,000 for just the cruise before gratuities.

Might be the best bargain but certainly not always the best value.

9 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Might be the best bargain but certainly not always the best value.

It's all relative.  Maybe when I don't have to pay for kids to travel I can branch out and try other lines.  For now I have to be careful with my travel funds and get the most bang for my buck.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

It's all relative.  Maybe when I don't have to pay for kids to travel I can branch out and try other lines.  For now I have to be careful with my travel funds and get the most bang for my buck.  

You have to do what works best for your travel patterns.

I would never make the mistake of doing Carnival in Europe again and I’ve been lucky to subsequently do Europe on Princess and Royal Caribbean soon with another European cruise in the early planning period. Luckily I learned not to make the mistake of taking Carnival to Alaska.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

I would never make the mistake of doing Carnival in Europe again and I’ve been lucky to subsequently do Europe on Princess and Royal Caribbean soon with another European cruise in the early planning period. Luckily I learned not to make the mistake of taking Carnival to Alaska.

Can you expand on why Carnival in Europe was bad?  We're doing a Med cruise next summer on the Legend and I have only read positive reviews about both the Legend and Carnival in Europe.  I'd love to hear the other side of the coin.  Our financial alternatives would be a shorter Norwegian, RCI, or MSC cruise or doing it by land.  Princess would be about $5000 more expensive for our family.

17 minutes ago, christieSF said:

Can you expand on why Carnival in Europe was bad?  We're doing a Med cruise next summer on the Legend and I have only read positive reviews about both the Legend and Carnival in Europe.  I'd love to hear the other side of the coin.  Our financial alternatives would be a shorter Norwegian, RCI, or MSC cruise or doing it by land.  Princess would be about $5000 more expensive for our family.

I will let xDisconnections give your their experience, but I did 2 legs on the Vista, and  I have 2 legs booked on the Legend next year. I had no issues at all in Europe with Carnival. In fact, I liked that they allowed us to bring on alcohol on at embarkation and in ports.

• Like 4

I did a 10 day Mediterranean cruise on Carnival in 2018. Currently booked for Northern Europe in 2020 on Carnival. 

There's nothing wrong with Carnival's European cruises. I say it all comes down to expectations. 

You essentially get the same Carnival product that you would find on any of their journey cruises.

Edited by cruizergal70

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Carnival is Carnival is Carnival (and that really is a good thing), if you and John kiss and make up we can get you back on some funnel ships on a regular basis.  I know you miss the FUN.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, christieSF said:

We did a Med cruise on Vista in 2016 and to this date it is the favorite vacation our family has ever taken! The ports were all new to us and we just had the best time exploring new places and eating of course.  We did enjoy being on a new ship but really viewed it as the vehicle to get us to new places.  I can't wait to book another Europe cruise on Carnival.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, trvlgirlmq said:

We did a Med cruise on Vista in 2016 and to this date it is the favorite vacation our family has ever taken! The ports were all new to us and we just had the best time exploring new places and eating of course.  We did enjoy being on a new ship but really viewed it as the vehicle to get us to new places.  I can't wait to book another Europe cruise on Carnival.

I AGREE on all counts.  It was a really special cruise for us as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

I will let xDisconnections give your their experience, but I did 2 legs on the Vista, and  I have 2 legs booked on the Legend next year. I had no issues at all in Europe with Carnival. In fact, I liked that they allowed us to bring on alcohol on at embarkation and in ports.

We as well have done Vista and Horizon in Europe and have the same 2 cruises booked on the Legend and have enjoyed all the cruises with Carnival inEurope.

Pat

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, quickrate said:

Cruising Carnival in the Med is totally different from cruising with them in the Caribbean. Diiferent clientel. 

Pat

I have not found that to be the case, we have found returning Carnival guests to be the vast majority of cruisers on CCL med cruises.

12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I have not found that to be the case, we have found returning Carnival guests to be the vast majority of cruisers on CCL med cruises.

What about the ratio of kids to adults when comparing a carnival med cruise to a carnival Caribbean cruise?

Do you find fewer kids on the med cruise?

This is not an anti kids post i am just curious as to how it compares. 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Carnival is Carnival is Carnival (and that really is a good thing), if you and John kiss and make up we can get you back on some funnel ships on a regular basis.  I know you miss the FUN.

Lol, who knows what the future brings. Maybe I’ll fall in love with the new Carnival again soon... we’ll see. I’m sure you’ll be one of the first to know 🙂 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, quickrate said:

Cruising Carnival in the Med is totally different from cruising with them in the Caribbean. Diiferent clientel. 

Pat

Sure, the targeted demographic may be different but are you really willing to say the passengers are more desirable on a European sailing than a Caribbean sailing with Carnival? Please help me understand what you are suggesting.

10 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Sure, the targeted demographic may be different but are you really willing to say the passengers are more desirable on a European sailing than a Caribbean sailing with Carnival? Please help me understand what you are suggesting.

I'm not saying that at all. Just a totally different experience. I have no issue with Carnival passengers on Caribbean sailings as well as European sailings. I have enjoyed every Carnival Cruise I have been on. Obviously, they are not your choice of cruise line. To each their own.

Pat

Edited by quickrate
word spelled wrong
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. On European Carnival cruises there are very few families and kids and yes, many regular Carnival customers. The atmosphere is much differen than those in the Caribbean- I like both experiences, they are just different from each other.

Pat

• Like 1

21 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I did Carnival in Europe and it was a fantastic cruise, why is the reason you wouldn't do Carnival. Just curious as we had over 100 of us and all loved the cruise