Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

40 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm showered now, and I guess I'm going to start making my way over to the port soon... If I sit around this hotel any longer I'm going to go crazy...

IMG_20190921_102523.jpg

Wait....what was breakfast? I’m envisioning scorpion burrito or something...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

My Uber showed up in less than two minutes, and I was on my way to the port... My driver was from Israel, and he spoke perfect English. Something you don't run across all the time here in Miami.

I entered through the early/late line, and was through security in a matter of minutes. Now, the waiting begins again, and hopefully it won't be too long...

IMG_20190921_110058.thumb.jpg.072825241b9cb4c209c265a96567e4b1.jpg

IMG_20190921_111332.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning!

OMG this so exciting!

Love the anticipation; love the pictures.  It makes it real for us on this end (those of us living vicariously and wishing we were there with you).

The waiting can be tough but fun too.

Very glad Jerry so far is behaving.

Following along!!  😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

It looks like these d@mn e scooters have made their way down here to Miami... It's not so much the scooters themselves, but the people riding them... I don't really have anything against millennials per se... Well, maybe their hairstyles. Or, the music they listen to... Or, their political beliefs... Wait. What was I talking about? Oh, the e scooters... Yeah, I just don't like 'em... There, I said it...

LOL!  Ship them to Rio Linda where they will enjoy them more!

• Like 4

Still in a holding pattern here in the terminal. It's getting pretty full now. A diverse mix of young and old, black and white, some kids, but not too many... I just saw a lady about 65-70 that has a tattoo of a jacked up four wheel drive on her shoulder. I bet she's a lot of fun to drink with. I'll have to try and find her later...

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Still in a holding pattern here in the terminal. It's getting pretty full now. A diverse mix of young and old, black and white, some kids, but not too many... I just saw a lady about 65-70 that has a tattoo of a jacked up four wheel drive on her shoulder. I bet she's a lot of fun to drink with. I'll have to try and find her later...

You’re just like me, I am also a people watcher. I notice things like that and make up stories in my head about it. Am I the only one?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

My Uber showed up in less than two minutes, and I was on my way to the port... My driver was from Israel, and he spoke perfect English. Something you don't run across all the time here in Miami.

I entered through the early/late line, and was through security in a matter of minutes. Now, the waiting begins again, and hopefully it won't be too long...

IMG_20190921_110058.thumb.jpg.072825241b9cb4c209c265a96567e4b1.jpg

IMG_20190921_111332.jpg

Love that view, in a way the most exciting part of the embarkation is the waiting area next to the gangway. At least for the anticipation part!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

I vote chicken tacos at blue iguana 

Well, this is where my adventure began on the Vista, so I figured I would try to recapture the magic... Today I'm starting off at Jiji Asian...

Fried won tons sounded more interesting than this. Just looks like chips to me...

IMG_20190921_122842.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Lunch is on... And, apparently the kids have discovered the basketball court already. I can hear the pounding above...

Lol - the only time I set foot on the basketball court is right after embarkation when we do a walk around. It's a tradition to shoot some hoops. After that, I don't go near the place!

• Like 1

Going back in time a bit... When I was in the line about to enter the boarding tunnel, a lady comes up to me and says "are you the guy?"  I said, I guess so. What do you mean? She says " you know. The cruise critic?"... I said, oh, well in that case, I am "the guy"...

• Like 16
  • Haha 4