Horizon / Live / Solo - Sep 21-29-2019

sid_9169

I'm through security, and at my gate notoriously early... I've switched out my Marta breeze card for my Miami easy pass...

When I first got on the train, there was a guy coughing and sneezing as if he was about to die... Of course, I got off at the next stop and switched trains. I'm debating on whether to buy a fifty dollar bottle of water here at the airport. I suppose that I do need to hydrate, so I probably will...

IMG_20190920_104627.jpg

• Like 1

Five people beat me to the boarding group 1 line... This is a record, as the only other time ever, there was this one guy...

On a side note: as the plane was disembarking, a guy who apparently forgot his bag started running backwards towards the plane tunnel. The gate attendant stopped him, and asked what he was doing. She said "you just came about two feet from going to jail just now"...

20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Five people beat me to the boarding group 1 line... This is a record, as the only other time ever, there was this one guy...

Noooooo

I was holding out for the prize spot picture! Kick those others out of the way. You have a reputation to maintain here!

• Like 1

I'm pretty new to this site so I'm not kicking myself too hard for not knowing about your "reviews" before now. But just reading through the first 5 pages made me go and look up your other reviews. I am really enjoying them. Everyone obviously can share their opinions and likes and dislikes but your cruise stories are entertaining and informative.

I'm also reading the Feb 2019 Breakaway review and have a notepad beside me to jot down notes on New Orleans since I'll be visiting for the first time in conjunction with my first cruise in December. I've already planned out my own booze and food walking tour but am still looking for more places.

Cheree

• Like 3

After a safe and uneventful flight, I am on the ground in wet Miami... I retrieved my checked bag, which fortunately wasn't pilfered by the TSA this time, and I made my way to the Metrorail...

IMG_20190920_140627.thumb.jpg.522f22374de98567d75a7a1c02306219.jpg

In about a half hour I should be in downtown Miami / Brickell... Hopefully they'll allow me to go ahead and check into the hotel, and I can unburden myself of my bags.

56 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I'm pretty new to this site so I'm not kicking myself too hard for not knowing about your "reviews" before now. But just reading through the first 5 pages made me go and look up your other reviews. I am really enjoying them. Everyone obviously can share their opinions and likes and dislikes but your cruise stories are entertaining and informative.

I'm also reading the Feb 2019 Breakaway review and have a notepad beside me to jot down notes on New Orleans since I'll be visiting for the first time in conjunction with my first cruise in December. I've already planned out my own booze and food walking tour but am still looking for more places.

Cheree

Wow, thanks for reading and following along, reeinaz

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

When I first got on the train, there was a guy coughing and sneezing as if he was about to die... Of course, I got off at the next stop and switched trains. I'm debating on whether to buy a fifty dollar bottle of water here at the airport. I suppose that I do need to hydrate, so I probably will...

I cannot believe you don't travel with masks to protect yourself.  I do and definitely use them during the flight.  I also wipe down the tray table and the seat buckle with anti bac wipes.

Edited by cml4958
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm through security, and at my gate notoriously early... I've switched out my Marta breeze card for my Miami easy pass...

IMG_20190920_104627.jpg

People can be so gross

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, cml4958 said:

I cannot believe you don't travel with masks to protect yourself.  I do and definitely use them during the flight.  I also wipe down the tray table and the seat buckle with anti bac wipes.

I bought a hundred masks on Amazon about a year ago, but after the move I can't find them... They're definitely in my apartment somewhere

I'm on the ground in Brickell now, and was making the walk towards my hotel... I walked through a back alley, and I knew that I was close. I opened up my map, and I was standing literally twenty feet from the building, only I couldn't see the sign. Anyhoo, I'm at my new home for the night... Luckily, I'm not superstitious...

IMG_20190920_150500.thumb.jpg.73e823cd6104901f9329861adb62ee7c.jpg

The exterior view of the Hyatt Centric Brickell...

IMG_20190920_144658.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm on the ground in Brickell now, and was making the walk towards my hotel... I walked through a back alley, and I knew that I was close. I opened up my map, and I was standing literally twenty feet from the building, only I couldn't see the sign. Anyhoo, I'm at my new home for the night... Luckily, I'm not superstitious...

How many margaritas have you had so far???

• Like 1