Odyssey of the Seas- what will it be like?

I plan to book Odyssey for Feb, 2021.  I haven’t done a Quantum class yet.  When I research Quantum class, they seem very “enclosed”.  Since Odyssey will be “Ultra”, I’m wondering how similar/different it will be to the other ships in the class?  I’ve googled, but I can’t seem to find much about the special extra things Odyssey will have.  We love the big ships, and trying the new ships, so I’m really excited to try it out :).  Anyone have any details about Odyssey?

3 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thx!  I’ll look for that thread again... I tried searching for it, and couldn’t find it.  I’ll search harder for it 🙂

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2630374-odyssey-of-the-seas-blocks-are-in-the-house/?do=findComment&comment=56696138

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I plan to book Odyssey for Feb, 2021.  I haven’t done a Quantum class yet.  When I research Quantum class, they seem very “enclosed”.  Since Odyssey will be “Ultra”, I’m wondering how similar/different it will be to the other ships in the class?  I’ve googled, but I can’t seem to find much about the special extra things Odyssey will have.  We love the big ships, and trying the new ships, so I’m really excited to try it out :).  Anyone have any details about Odyssey?

From the deck plans I have seen, it will be quite like Anthem and Ovation, with some juggling of venue locations.  

10 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I plan to book Odyssey for Feb, 2021.  I haven’t done a Quantum class yet.  When I research Quantum class, they  seem very “enclosed”.  Since Odyssey will be “Ultra”, I’m wondering how similar/different it will be to the other ships in the class?  I’ve googled, but I can’t seem to find much about the special extra things Odyssey will have.  We love the big ships, and trying the new ships, so I’m really excited to try it out :).  Anyone have any details about Odyssey?

We did Spectrum of the seas from Dubai to Singapore in May and loved the ship, it was also a "Ultra". We never felt like it was too enclosed there are many places to go and things to do. It will be interesting to see what they have on it as Spectrum was tailored for the Chinese market

1 hour ago, skatepunk said:

We did Spectrum of the seas from Dubai to Singapore in May and loved the ship, it was also a "Ultra". We never felt like it was too enclosed there are many places to go and things to do. It will be interesting to see what they have on it as Spectrum was tailored for the Chinese market

Awesome, thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2019 at 5:12 PM, skatepunk said:

I can't wait and see the difference will be...

On 9/19/2019 at 9:51 PM, Merion_Mom said:

From the deck plans I have seen, it will be quite like Anthem and Ovation, with some juggling of venue locations.  

Just note that the deck plans are still a WIP. The only thing that is final would be the rooms. The current deck plans still show elements from the Quantum/Anthem/Ovation deck plans and the Spectrum deck plans.