Problems with Flightease today?

Vineyard View

Several times this afternoon I have logged into my account. I wanted to check for any new flights offered in Flightease over what I booked 

early last week. I keep getting a very strange menu with never ending circling gears for several categories - such as frequent flier ni,bee mot accepted, global entry number not accepted, etc. It does not allow for any adding of I formation whatsoever, and does not show my currently booked flights. Does anyone know what this could possibly be?  Thank you

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

And Princess’ site is.  Go figure.

Yes. I do check both once in a while in search of a better price.

The problem is obviously not with the flight booking mechanism both lines use but with the HAL connection to it.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, boards said:

I just checked in on our existing booking for our Oct-Nov. flights through flight ease and it came up okay.    Possible simple typing error will cause a problem (just a thought), I've done it.

Booking comes up just fine with the flights properly shown.  THAT is not what we are talking about.  We are talking about actually going INTO Flight Ease to modify flights or the fare (Or for those who have none, to book new flights).

Edited by taxmantoo

I just called HAL about looking for a new flight.  Because I booked my cruise with a box box store, he said I needed air quotes through them even though I booked the flights myself using Flight Ease.  He told me that the new “upgrades” made it so those who don’t book the cruise through HAL can book flights using Flight Ease, but CANNOT modify those flights themselves using Flight Ease.  I don’t know if this is true or just his “explanation” of why the site wasn’t working.  

Edited by swin26
Typo

22 minutes ago, swin26 said:

I just called HAL about looking for a new flight.  Because I booked my cruise with a box box store, he said I needed air quotes through them even though I booked the flights myself using Flight Ease.  He told me that the new “upgrades” made it so those who don’t book the cruise through HAL can book flights using Flight Ease, but CANNOT modify those flights themselves using Flight Ease.  I don’t know if this is true or just his “explanation” of why the site wasn’t working.  

I booked my flight through HAL but transferred the cruise to my TA.  I cannot modify my flight online.  Another reason to book and stay with HAL?

FlightEase is still messed up as of 8 pm CDT Monday. We have our cruise booked but I don't have flights booked yet and wanted to see what HAL's pricing is. All it's giving me is a blank screen with "Loading Holland America" in the upper left hand corner. I tried both Chrome and Firefox and turning off ad blockers, no difference.

C'mon, HAL, this has been going on for 48 hours now. Even if you can't get the site back up for some reason, tell your web folks to at least post a message to that effect. Very unprofessional. 

Edited by tregatti
make it clear we already have a cruise booked

I am just trying to View my flights that I booked via Flightease. I keep getting a strange format that keeps showing errors in my booking,  and makes no sense as once I was done booking these flights, HAL sent them to our TA and did not show any issues.  My only purpose in checking on our booking is to look for outbound options on a different airline. No typo. It just is a jumble that makes no sense - even says that our global entry number isn’t accepted as it has an error - which it does not. 

10 hours ago, russandcheryl said:

Still not working 9:55 Monday ... is there an email address to HAL we can send to get their attention ? 

Still not working on Tuesday morning.  I have tried emailing HAL a few times since Saturday but not even getting their standard auto-reply that they received my email ☹️

14 hours ago, swin26 said:

I have used Flight Ease a few times and know for a fact that the explanation is "wrong".  I book through a travel agent but do my own Flight Ease arrangements on the HAL website.  I have gone in to Flight Ease several times after booking the original flights to change the flights or simply to change the price without any problems...until last Saturday ☹️

I decided to go directly to the airline to make sure my reservations were there, which I did find. I see the seats for the United first leg, however all subsequent flights including return (which are not UA) show no seat assignments. I paid for business class and requested seats, however the other airline, Lufthansa, states our seats will be assigned at check in. I know that I have read this happening on some distant thread, but what is the solution to making sure we have seat assignments?  Thanks much

HAL site won’t allow me to view my reservation. I have an email out to TA

I also booked through a big box store but did my air myself through FlightEase.  I have changed it twice since, on my own, to get a lower price.  I one time called HAL to ask about the possibility of changing a flight and was told that since I booked through the big box, I would have to call them.  I simply said that all I want is a piece of information.  If I call them, then they will put me on hold and call you.  I am talking to you now so why not just give me the information?  So, they did.

1 hour ago, taxmantoo said:

I have used Flight Ease a few times and know for a fact that the explanation is "wrong".  I book through a travel agent but do my own Flight Ease arrangements on the HAL website.  I have gone in to Flight Ease several times after booking the original flights to change the flights or simply to change the price without any problems...until last Saturday ☹️

I have as well in the past.  I hope he was wrong in his explanation going forward.