Unique itineraries

islandwoman

2 minutes ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

Of course threads like this are going to get responses from certain people who always push one particular cruise line (like our local Oceania shill). But the truth is, the most unique itineraries are going to be on lines most have never heard of. 

Cruisemom sails a couple of very small ships now and then that seem to have extremely interesting itineraries.  Of course as your ship gets smaller and your ports get more interesting, you have to give up amenities such as rock walls, ice rinks, pool slides, and all the other gimmicks.  But I think that most people who are truly interested in those smaller ports are seeking a quieter experience. On a port intensive cruise, who has time for much more than sleep, shower, eat, and maybe attend a lecture or three anyway?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ducklite said:

Cruisemom sails a couple of very small ships now and then that seem to have extremely interesting itineraries.  Of course as your ship gets smaller and your ports get more interesting, you have to give up amenities such as rock walls, ice rinks, pool slides, and all the other gimmicks.  But I think that most people who are truly interested in those smaller ports are seeking a quieter experience. On a port intensive cruise, who has time for much more than sleep, shower, eat, and maybe attend a lecture or three anyway?

How can any right minded person want to cruise without an ice rink?

55 minutes ago, ducklite said:

Of course as your ship gets smaller and your ports get more interesting, you have to give up amenities such as rock walls, ice rinks, pool slides, and all the other gimmicks.  But I think that most people who are truly interested in those smaller ports are seeking a quieter experience. On a port intensive cruise, who has time for much more than sleep, shower, eat, and maybe attend a lecture or three anyway?

No ice rink?  😭  Seriously though, I live in Florida and have convenient access to ships with those kinds of amenities.  Not interested!   New ports and appropriate lectures sound good to me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

No ice rink?  😭  Seriously though, I live in Florida and have convenient access to ships with those kinds of amenities.  Not interested!   New ports and appropriate lectures sound good to me. 

I'm a little over an hour to Port Canaveral, so I know what you mean.  

2 hours ago, ducklite said:

Absolutely.  We returned to cruising (maybe) last year on Hurtigruten.  400 pax to Antarctica and 100 for the Norwegian coast.  Those "gimmicks" you mention would be disqualifiers to us 🙂

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

I do not see anything at all unique about that cruise.  It hits ports that lots of cruises hit.

DON

Unique for me then.  There are eight countries there that I haven't been to.  I don't count passing through airports 🙂