First ABC Cruise any ideas

vacationers

This is the first time that I go to the ABC. Can anyone share their experience and things to do?  We want to see the island but no beach since we live at the beach. I am also interested in local shore excursions that is not a beach excursions.

Clary

In Aruba we toured the island and saw all the main attractions including the aloe factory and the baby bridge. We also did a semi-submarine trip that was fun. In Bonaire we kayaked the mangroves which was very relaxing and peaceful. And in Curacao we saw the floating market, the movable bridge and we toured some caves.  These are nice islands.  Bonaire is so sleepy and adorable.

12 minutes ago, vacationers said:

This is the first time that I go to the ABC. Can anyone share their experience and things to do?  We want to see the island but no beach since we live at the beach. I am also interested in local shore excursions that is not a beach excursions.

Clary

Take a look at the port of call forums:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/456-caribbean/

Bonaire has some of the best snorkeling in the world off Klein Bonaire.  The folks at Woodwind have a fantastic snorkel excursion.  It's called drift snorkeling where the ship drops passengers and their guides (we had 21 people divided into 3 groups with a guide accompanying each group) off and you drift to the pick up point (minimal exertion!), reboard the boat and repeat the process at another spot.  Lunch/early dinner is served as you return to the port.  The company is first class, very safety conscious, and takes lots of time to make sure everyone is fitted with the proper equipment.  https://www.woodwindbonaire.com/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JimnKaren said:

Rent a vehicle after doing lots of research and drive yourself around. Explore on your own. It is easy to do on all three islands.

Jim

On Bonaire you can rent a golf cart (we did this on our second visit) and drive all around the island at your own pace.  It was great fun and we made sure to stop at the Donkey Sanctuary.

http://www.bonairecruisers.com/

https://donkeysanctuary.org/en/

My trip report details what we did in the ABC's.  We wanted to see the most of Bonaire and Curacao and I think we accomplished that.  There was a little beach time both days, but a LOT of other cool stuff that we did that was not beach related.  In Aruba we did Jolly Pirates snorkling with lunch included.  A fun time but not nearly as good of snorkeling as the other two islands.  We're dreaming of getting back to the ABC islands.

Dan

On 9/23/2019 at 3:14 PM, grouchomarx said:

In Aruba we toured the island and saw all the main attractions including the aloe factory and the baby bridge. We also did a semi-submarine trip that was fun. In Bonaire we kayaked the mangroves which was very relaxing and peaceful. And in Curacao we saw the floating market, the movable bridge and we toured some caves.  These are nice islands.  Bonaire is so sleepy and adorable.

Wow! thanks great info. I was kind out reading some of these. I did not know about the floating market. What is it.  Do you remember what excursion they were. They have so many  island excursions in Aruba that is hard to chose. How about the caves? 

12 hours ago, vacationers said:

Wow! thanks great info. I was kind out reading some of these. I did not know about the floating market. What is it.  Do you remember what excursion they were. They have so many  island excursions in Aruba that is hard to chose. How about the caves? 

The floating market is a bunch of boats docked with vendors selling stuff off of them.  Seafood and other foods and stuff.  It's really just to look but it's interesting. The caves were good. I'm not really that into caves but it made for a nice tour.  This was a tour sold through Princess and it was the caves, market and bridge all in one walking tour.  

11 hours ago, thtalks said:

In Bonaire rent a golf cart (Bonaire Cruisers) and tour the island on your own. 

This would be a fun way to get around.  We rented a couple of small SUV's for our group of 7 instead, because the golf carts only hold 2 people.

Either way, Bonaire is absolutely drivable on your own and it made for such a fun day.  It's kind of hard to imagine going everywhere that we did on a golf cart (we covered the whole island), but I suppose it might be doable. 

The option for a car or SUV is the Hertz location at the Divi Flamingo resort, which is only a 5 minute walk from the ship.