Anyone book on Pacific Adventure??

7 minutes ago, christodan said:

Sounds disappointing. I was hoping to see some mutineers running around.

They do have a convict night, convict suits, ball and chain, convict food, entertaining it is. Also a 'Mutiny on the Bounty Show.' but I gave that a miss.  But the mutineers descendants are there, they own and operate most of the tourist attractions on the island.  Like the bus driver who picks you up from the NI Airport and drive you to your digs, is the same bloke you encounter pouring you a beer at the NI RSL that night and the same bloke who is frying the fish at the fish fry on the cliffs, the next day, you know what I mean? They have it all tied up.  If they put a McDonalds on the Island, which they won't,  the franchisee would be named Christian probably. 

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They do have a convict night, convict suits, ball and chain, convict food, entertaining it is. Also a 'Mutiny on the Bounty Show.' but I gave that a miss.

Sounds like a great way to learn about the local culture ! lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, christodan said:

I was booked on the Nov 19 cruise because I wanted to see Norfolk Island. Waiting for that to be cancelled. 

It is better to fly to Norfolk Island because not all cruise ships can get passengers in because of rough seas.  There is so much to see and do on Norfolk Island, you could easily spend a week there.  They offer accommodation with car included packages, because Norfolk is a large island. 

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

It is better to fly to Norfolk Island because not all cruise ships can get passengers in because of rough seas.  There is so much to see and do on Norfolk Island, you could easily spend a week there.  They offer accommodation with car included packages, because Norfolk is a large island. 

Indeed we had 10 days there in 2002 when Bali bombing was on. Stayed at Governers lodge, great.

1 hour ago, christodan said:

Ok thanks for the info MM and NSWP. I will consider flying there. I was just wondering, and I'm not really a beach person, but does NI actually have a beach? I only see big cliffs. 

Oh yes, some nice beaches one right near town, .