Anyone book on Pacific Adventure??

One thing I can see on the new Pacific Adventure deck plans is that quite a few 2 berth balconies are to be converted into 4 berth.  26 cabins aft on Aloha, 28 aft on Baja, 26 aft on Caribe with some of these made interconnecting and 14 OY cabins on Emerald deck.  Probably more if you look more closely.

In my opinion the cabins on Golden are small enough without doubling the occupancy.  Would hate to have 4 in one of these.  Even 3 would be a bit tight.  Ladders get in the way also.

15 hours ago, Ondine said:

In my opinion the cabins on Golden are small enough without doubling the occupancy.  Would hate to have 4 in one of these.  Even 3 would be a bit tight.  Ladders get in the way also.

I love Princess but I wouldn't want the cabins to be any smaller.

When two people are moving around the room getting ready for a formal night it feels too small for me.

I would hate to do a world cruise in a cabin with four people.

• 3 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 4:44 PM, Ondine said:

One thing I can see on the new Pacific Adventure deck plans is that quite a few 2 berth balconies are to be converted into 4 berth.  26 cabins aft on Aloha, 28 aft on Baja, 26 aft on Caribe with some of these made interconnecting and 14 OY cabins on Emerald deck.  Probably more if you look more closely.

So that is potentially another 200 passengers on board if they sail at full quad capacity. Whilst I would be sailing in a double, 200 extra people puts me off a bit. I suspect that one of the niggles around Carnival Splendor is not just that they have lost a pool, but also more quad cabins = more passengers on board.

• 5 months later...

P&O Australia has now Cancelled this cruise 😞 😂

Got this e-mail from P&O Australia:

"23 July 2020

Hi Stu

We would like to provide you with an important update about your upcoming P&O Cruises holiday.

In response to the continuing impact of the global pandemic, P&O Cruises has announced today that we are extending our rolling pause on operations in Australia to 29 October 2020. Sadly, as a result, Pacific Adventure’s inaugural cruise from Singapore will no longer proceed.

While we can't wait to be cruising again, it is clear that more time is needed for travel to recommence. However, during this time, we are continuing to work with the relevant government, health and industry bodies to develop additional protocols and procedures to keep our guests safe for when the time is right to cruise again."

1 hour ago, christodan said:

I was booked on the Nov 19 cruise because I wanted to see Norfolk Island. Waiting for that to be cancelled. 

Get on an aeroplane and have a week or ten days there, you will see and enjoy it a lot more then a day stop on a cruise ship, believe me. Good deals going.  But then they might have stopped visitors in the current climate, best check.

1 hour ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

P&O Australia has now Cancelled this cruise 😞 😂

Got this e-mail from P&O Australia:

"23 July 2020

Hi Stu

We would like to provide you with an important update about your upcoming P&O Cruises holiday.

In response to the continuing impact of the global pandemic, P&O Cruises has announced today that we are extending our rolling pause on operations in Australia to 29 October 2020. Sadly, as a result, Pacific Adventure’s inaugural cruise from Singapore will no longer proceed.

While we can't wait to be cruising again, it is clear that more time is needed for travel to recommence. However, during this time, we are continuing to work with the relevant government, health and industry bodies to develop additional protocols and procedures to keep our guests safe for when the time is right to cruise again."

A nice letter Stu, at least they gave you good notice.  I could imagine the cruise was sold out too, good itinerary.  I trust you get your monies back quickly.  Another time another place.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Get on an aeroplane and have a week or ten days there, you will see and enjoy it a lot more then a day stop on a cruise ship, believe me. Good deals going.  But then they might have stopped visitors in the current climate, best check.

Yeah OK. You know how people say the don't want to go cruising because they think they will feel trapped and can't get off?  That's how I feel about an island.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:08 PM, cruiselover53 said:

If the 4 berth cabins are anything like the converted friendly fours on the Pacific Explorer be afraid very afraid. It goes to show how little respect Carnival has for it's passengers

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Pacific-Explorer&deck=9

Just like they wrecked ye olde Regal Princess turning it into Pacific Dawn with the 'friendly fours.' Retrofitting bunks etc even when we were on the last cruise of Regal Princess, LA to Sydney, Sept, 2007.  Retro fitting of extra bunks increases passenger capacity and thus impacts on the public areas, i.e. theatre, lounges, buffet, MDR's, pools, spas, gym etc.

5 minutes ago, christodan said:

Yeah OK. You know how people say the don't want to go cruising because they think they will feel trapped and can't get off?  That's how I feel about an island.

Fair enough. But NI is a big Island, you can drive around it.  It is quite civilised these days, no savages or convicts anymore.🥵I am sure you will get there one day, one way or another, above all...enjoy.!!

Edited by NSWP