New Ship - New Feature Exclusive

How about a tardis like structure on the entrance to the MDR?

Guests have to pass through it to gain entrance and if they are in grubby shorts,flip flops, football shirts or have tattoos they will be deep cleaned and enter into the dining room looking like the cast of an Agatha Christie movie.

Those passengers that don’t come up to scratch will be ejected straight into the buffet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scot born said:

Are we still giving ideas???? if so here is mine. When you pay to pick your cabin you can also pick a dedicated space with sun beds for all in the cabin. The would solve the age old subbed run and making the cruise more relaxing it would be on first come basis. Once the pool attendant has put out the sun beds in the morning then a sticker is placed on the bed with cabin number. 

That would OK if there are 2000 sunbeds for 2000 passengers,otherwise all hell may break loose,with some cabins having permanently reserved beds for the whole cruise and others nothing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

That would OK if there are 2000 sunbeds for 2000 passengers,otherwise all hell may break loose,with some cabins having permanently reserved beds for the whole cruise and others nothing.

some passengers would insist on booking 2 sunbeds, one in the shade, one in the sun. Or how about reserving seats in the Med Lounge on Explorer. I have seen people, actually the same person, try to do that.

this is getting silly and I respectfully suggest that this topic is closed.

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

some passengers would insist on booking 2 sunbeds, one in the shade, one in the sun. Or how about reserving seats in the Med Lounge on Explorer. I have seen people, actually the same person, try to do that.

this is getting silly and I respectfully suggest that this topic is closed.

I can see you agreed with me,but everyone is entitled to an opinion.The suggestion was genuine.It's all been amicable so far.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I don't think you are getting the point, especially when I said that it would only be if you pre booked your cabin and that you are only allowed 1 sunbed for each person in the cabin and would only be allocated to half amount of cabins on board that is why it would be first come first served so there would be still spaces and beds available just my thoughts to a more relaxing cruise experience 

happy cruising 😊

15 minutes ago, Scot born said:

I don't think you are getting the point, especially when I said that it would only be if you pre booked your cabin and that you are only allowed 1 sunbed for each person in the cabin and would only be allocated to half amount of cabins on board that is why it would be first come first served so there would be still spaces and beds available just my thoughts to a more relaxing cruise experience 

happy cruising 😊

No worries,now you've elaborated more.So it reduces the sunbed wars to only 50% of the ship.It's an improvement though.

15 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No worries,now you've elaborated more.So it reduces the sunbed wars to only 50% of the ship.It's an improvement though.

My thinking behind this

1 when off in port you can always return have a nice relaxing lunch change into swimwear and still be able to have a  sunbed to go to relax. 

2 Maybe even have a lie in after a wounderful late night without the hassle of setting your alarm to get up to go get your favourite spot(tongue in cheek) because if you don't have this then  you can not leave this spot as your towels will be taken away so no going back to bed no going for breakfast with family as someone has to guard the sunbeds. 

3 No other cruise line does this......

finaly any any little improvement is better than none. 

Cheers 

10 hours ago, Brummijam said:
9 minutes ago, Scot born said:

My thinking behind this

1 when off in port you can always return have a nice relaxing lunch change into swimwear and still be able to have a  sunbed to go to relax. 

2 Maybe even have a lie in after a wounderful late night without the hassle of setting your alarm to get up to go get your favourite spot(tongue in cheek) because if you don't have this then  you can not leave this spot as your towels will be taken away so no going back to bed no going for breakfast with family as someone has to guard the sunbeds. 

3 No other cruise line does this......

finaly any any little improvement is better than none. 

Cheers 

the paid for sunbeds will have their initial positions selected randomly on payment. Of course the selected beds will be grouped by number of cabin occupants. to make the allocation fair the beds will be numbered and the numbers allocated to you change daily so some days you might be next to the pool, other days on the shady side of the promenade deck etc

Re quiet areas, currently on E2 and the coffee port is really large and very quiet both day and evening. We really think the Beach Cove is a good idea, glass covered area where food is served by the pool. Rained earlier and it was very busy serving pulled pork hit sandwiches, this area will be well used next year in the northern ports. Also like Indigo bar, very quiet. Loving the ship.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dronnygirl said:

, currently on E2 and the coffee port is really large and very quiet both day and evening. 

Agree @dronnygirl Loved the coffee port on Ex2 we used it 2 or 3 times a day when we were on D2 never used it once it was always 1 too noisy from atrium, 2 no seat available and its split in half by atrium void not loving it at all. 😑

We also like Aperatif as a bar. Enjoy yourself x

3 hours ago, dronnygirl said:

Re quiet areas, currently on E2 and the coffee port is really large and very quiet both day and evening. We really think the Beach Cove is a good idea, glass covered area where food is served by the pool. Rained earlier and it was very busy serving pulled pork hit sandwiches, this area will be well used next year in the northern ports. Also like Indigo bar, very quiet. Loving the ship.

Does the Coffee port on E2 serve any alcoholic drinks?

Thinking of booze Marella can't try this because P&O got there first. There will be a gin distillery on Iona!

6 hours ago, davecttr said:

Does the Coffee port on E2 serve any alcoholic drinks?

Thinking of booze Marella can't try this because P&O got there first. There will be a gin distillery on Iona!

Have a group of friends booked on Iona next year.  This will suit them to a T. 

As a family cruiser, we need more kids facilities. Slides, play areas etc. The older cruisers may not like it but the only way they'll attract families is bigger ships (not saying massive) with more facilities. I've just come off the NCL Epic and it blew away any Marella ship i've been on.

Bringing in 25 year old ships like Rhapsody of the Seas or Mein Schiff Herz won't please customers as we want better.

7 hours ago, hullmackem said:

As a family cruiser, we need more kids facilities. Slides, play areas etc. The older cruisers may not like it but the only way they'll attract families is bigger ships (not saying massive) with more facilities. I've just come off the NCL Epic and it blew away any Marella ship i've been on.

Bringing in 25 year old ships like Rhapsody of the Seas or Mein Schiff Herz won't please customers as we want better.

The bottom line is,they can't afford it.TUI has it's fingers in many pies.I think they have done well with the bigger ships they have bought.

9 hours ago, hullmackem said:

Your only solution is to cruise with another company because they are looking for same size or slightly larger ships. In 15-25 years those mega ships you want will be 'old castoffs' Marella might have one

I still think Marella should go down the adult only route. I think Viking ships are and they do a roaring trade at ridiculous prices. Trading under Tui they could call them Marella Gold just like the old Thomson gold hols. Get my vote everytime.👍🤩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Your only solution is to cruise with another company because they are looking for same size or slightly larger ships. In 15-25 years those mega ships you want will be 'old castoffs' Marella might have one

Not necessarily taking about marella having mega ships but they could do with some 90-100k, a bit like the Radiance class at RCI. Either way they can't keep flogging us 25 year old ships when TUI Germany gets brand new ones! 

18 minutes ago, hullmackem said:

So why do TUI Germany get new ships and we get cast offs! 

Even the Mein Schiffs that are now E1 and E2 used to be Celebrity before that.Anyway they are the bosses,so they can do what they want,lol.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Even the Mein Schiffs that are now E1 and E2 used to be Celebrity before that.Anyway they are the bosses,so they can do what they want,lol.

We did a cruise and stay a few years ago and the hotel that we stayed in was theTUI partner RIU Garoe in Puerto de la Cruz on Tenerife, The hotel was geared up for the mainly German clientele and it was one of the best hotels that we have ever stayed in.

The whole experience from check in to leaving was a professional ,slick operation. We were the only English Guests and we came to the conclusion that this was the standard that German guests expected. In the past we have stayed in Thomson hotels and compared to the ones that are for predominantly German guests they are like pontins hotels.

I think it is the same with Marella, They know second or third hand ships will be tolerated by the British market.

Sad but true.

• Like 1

Think the British get too sentimental about the smaller, old ships ( me included ).  Think of the Destiny, Majesty and the Spirit etc.  We still reminisce about them even although they were past their best and we would still be booking them now if we could.  No doubt we will be the same when the Celebration and the Dream leave the fleet.

Have seen the Celestyal Olympia  ( Destiny ) a few times in Greece and Turkey and wished I could sail on her just one more time. 

People said we wouldn't like the Discoveries but we did enjoy them.  Not tried Explorers yet but have heard mixed reviews. ( Still looking for a good deal,....... from Scotland ) 😞

A new build mid sized ship would be ideal. With a Sky Bar like the Destiny and crew like those on the Spirit and the Majesty. 😊

• Like 1